CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC in March 2011.

Submitted online application, Interviewed with Publishing Director. Discussion on assessment knowledge and background, teaching experience, and technical skills. Worked for 15 months as a temp employee through Kelly Services before being offered a PSE contract.

Interview Questions
    They were surprised I negotiated.

Assessment Editor Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC.

I went to a career fair and spoke with the recruitment staff who was very friendly and encouraging.
    After giving my CV and cover letter in person, I was later contacted by the recruitment staff person, the human resource staff person, and the hiring manager.
    After few weeks, I did my interview and got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC in April 2013.

I only had two interviews, both were in person. One was with the staffing company, the other was with McGraw Hill. For my interview with McGraw Hill, the person I was supposed to speak to forgot my interview time - twice! It was very rude and was a problem for as I hired a baby-sitter both times so I could take the interview. Then there was no apology. I didn't need to meet with anyone in person, which I should have taken as the first clue that this job and place was warped.

No negotiations.

Assessment COnsultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC.

I had an initial interview with the district manager by phone. I then had a lengthy in-person interview with the manager. Questions were standard regarding my prior job experiences, reasons for pursuing this position and some behavioral type questions such as "what would you do in this scenario " or "let me about your greatest job challenge" etc.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was fairly standard in terms of questions. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    There was an opportunity for salary negotiation and this was done at VP level.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monterey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC.

I applied online and was called into work almost immediately through Kelly Services.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle multitasking while on the telephone to clients???   View Answer
    Well, this was a known temporary job...so there wasn't any negotiation for long term salary....

Director of Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC in August 2011.

Erratic. It took 6 weeks for nothing. The hiring executive was extremely responsive and had the scheduler reply to a cold e-mail inbound to the executive to schedule a phone interview which was fast and smooth. Round two happened over the next few days which was also smooth and professional. From there the wheels came off in a big way. I was told to expect a follow up phone interview with the hiring executive over the coming week but got zero follow up. I left polite phone messages for the round two recruiter every 3 - 5 days politely requesting the follow up status. Three weeks later I get a curt e-mail saying they're waiting until after the holiday for next steps. While this isn't a deal killer in and of itself did it really have to take this long as opposed to a polite reply with the same information?

After the holiday another four polite follow up messages over three weeks until I finally get another rude e-mail saying they're not moving forward with anyone at all. I've got to believe the hiring executive wouldn't be this unprofessional but she should really get a clue about how bad her "HR" recruiting professional is. The scheduler was the only positive part of the process although even she didn't have any follow through either.

I don't expect HR / recruiters to find me for a job, but at least reply back to messages when an EVP asks you to follow up and especially you've put someone through multiple rounds of phone interviews.
      Don't forget todays senior executive candidate is tomorrows client.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC in January 2008.

The initial phone screening lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewer asked questions regarding my experience, suitability for the job, and the reason for transition. Interview process was fairly easy and focused mainly on the prior experience. There were four 1:1 sessions for an hour each with the heads of different departments.

Editorial Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC in September 2008.

Interviewer was on time, very respectful and generally the people that I wanted to work with. There were some quiet difficult questions to answer but interviewer was good at making me feel very comfortable. It ended up being more like a conversation not certainly stuffy. I expected "corporate" attitude but find normal people which was really nice, took away the intimidation of talking to corporate people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most recent challenge in the current work place or prior where you overcome the challenge successfully?   Answer Question
    I was offered a little more than what was originally advertised which was nice.

Worked for CTB/McGraw-Hill, LLC? Contribute to the Community!