CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

www.askcts.com

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions & Reviews in Birmingham, AL

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in January 2009.

Interview Details – Standard Initial Technical Interview
Follow-up Detailed Technical Interview

Interview Question – Translate a given XML model into Object model   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview is with a recruiter. Then they call you onsite at their Riverchase office. You may meet two or more CTS employees. My first was with a senior consultant who asked simple questions such as reverse a string and design a simple database schema. Went over resume to ask some experience related questions.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offer was too low. CTS is known to offer lower than average salaries, even when considering the cost of living. Also, there is a strong ol' boy network in place at the company..minorities are rarely promoted. Not a place for a good career.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in November 2009.

Interview Details – Overall, I am impressed with CTS. I like their culture of a small company, strong emphasis on education/training, and "meritocracy". The interview process began with the recruiter contacting me. The conversation took about 30 minutes, during which I was able to get more information about the company and decided that the opportunity was worth pursuing. A technical phone screening was scheduled at this time. I was screened by one of the consultants who asked me some basic questions about my professional experience but nothing challenging that would require me to demonstrate my critical thinking skills. The in-person interview was scheduled a bit later and the recruiter gave me a few pointers to help me prepare. When I arrived for the interview I was met by the recruiter. The first part was the technical interview led by a Senior Consultant and a Consultant helping him. The questions covered a number of topics but overall were mostly simple (frankly, I don't do too well with simple questions). There were a few questions that I didn't answer well in retrospect. Also, I made a silly error while working on a simple database diagram on the whiteboard -- to make things worse, I didn't realize the fact until I was driving home and was reprocessing everything. If I were on the other side of the table, I would have asked some more complex questions and also tested problem-solving skills. After the technical interview I met with a Senior Manager who talked to me about the business side of things. Afterwards, I also met with the HR Manager and the interview ended with the Recruiter talking to me about my salary expectations and telling me what to expect after the interview. I received an offer a week later but, unfortunately, could not accept it because it was too low.

Interview Question – Is clustered index data stored separately from table data?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was considerably lower than my current salary and industry average based on my research. It is too bad -- the opportunity appealed to me in many ways.

Worked for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)? Contribute to the Community!