CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.7

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview

The interview process was thorough and well coordinated. CTS is meticulous about who they hire and it shows. Their interview process is the heart of the reason why they have such a high employee retention rate. Recruiters are well trained to keep in constant communication, even if the process can take over a month. As a potential employee, you are never left in the dark about where you are in the process.

My experience started with a brief phone interview with a recruiter. The initial conversation was relaxed and relevant. The recruiter explained in detail what the position was, the company culture and the business reason why the position was being created. She was open and honest about the challenges the position would have, but was also very optimistic about it. Our conversation flowed naturally, allowing for each of us to ask pertinent questions and answer them thoughtfully.

The 2nd phone interview was with the company president. His questions were more targeted and challenging but the conversation also flowed naturally as we discussed my career history, his vision for marketing for CTS, his history with the company, why he liked working there, etc.

The 3rd interview was with several key leaders within the company. It was obvious they had done their homework in reviewing my writing samples, resume' and design samples. I was impressed with the amount of knowledge that had been shared with them from my previous interviewers. It was clear that communication throughout the company was excellent. When given the opportunity to ask questions, I had quite a long list and some I thought were quite challenging, but each person answered them thoroughly and with great detail. What I admired is that if they were unsure how to answer a question, they were honest about it. What came through about CTS during this process was that they knew how to define themselves as a company, knew what they wanted to accomplish and made sure that I knew exactly what the expectation of the job was. That is rare and very commendable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked within the community, such as volunteering for a non-profit, to help market or get the word out about a company you were working for? And if so, what did you do?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The on Campus interview had both technical and behavioral questions. There were more technical than behavioral questions. The onsite interview had a similar approach, but with more difficult technical questions. There were questions ranging from databases to describing different aspects of object oriented programming. Everyone I met at CTS were very friendly.

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in January 2015.

Interview

Thorough, but long. The first interview was a phone screen with one of the recruiters, and then I came on-site and met with the director and the architect. The recruiter was very knowledgeable and made my experience seamless. The questions that were asked weren't your everyday "tell me about a time when..." questions. They asked questions pertinent to my education and skill sets.

Interview Questions

• How important is culture to you in selecting a new company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Birmingham, AL) in December 2014.

Interview

Great process, very quick. I got a call from the recruiter who did the original screening. This was followed by a phone interview a few days later. After that, I went in for an in person interview. Questions were pretty technical, not crazy though.

Interview Questions

• How would you test an elevator?   1 Answer

Other opportunities offered more pay and possibly more long-term opportunity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview

I met the recruiter through a career fair. After giving them my resume and applying online I was contacted about two weeks later for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty easy as it was mostly behavioral with a couple technical trivia questions and a simple brain teaser. The only thing that was a little off the wall was that the on campus interview was with both the recruiter and a developer.

Roughly a week or two after the on campus interview, I was contacted about interviewing on site. The onsite interview was a group interview which was a little strange in that you interviewed with two other candidates. I didn't really like this since I found that candidates would play off each other for answers and communication during the technical part compromised the assessment of candidate's technical ability.

The technical question itself was also a little off since they only asked for pseudocode which most companies don't do. After the technical section they provided lunch and presented why we should want to work for them.

Interview Questions

I don't think CTS is an "A" grade company; going on site it didn't give off the vibe that really smart people were working there to do cool things, just that they were an above average regional IT shop that provides custom solutions. Furthermore, the financial package they offered was below industry standards for an internship position and also did not include housing; on top of that the internship was only 8 weeks and I wanted to make more money than that. The skills they wanted me to have versus what they were willing to pay were not in line and I had better offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview

Interview process took a week. Some programming questions and inter-personal questions related to the position. The architect who interviewed me was really intelligent and knowledgeable himself about what kind of work environment I will be joining. He seemed to know a whole lot about the company which helped me put things in perspective for me. 2 Interviews (1 phone screen by recruiter and 1 on-site interview by the technical architect). I was sent an offer in the next 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in the next 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was new to the market in Birmingham I did not negotiate as well as I should have.

Senior SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

I was initially contacted based on public post I made to a Google+ SharePoint group. Kelly, a recruiting coordinator for CTS, reached out to me via LinkedIn to setup an initial phone interview. I spoke with her and she detailed essentially what could be found on their corporate site regarding the company culture. I detailed some projects I had worked on and touched on some of the details of my resume. The conversation lasted about 45 minutes. The original job posting on the site stated the position was for their Atlanta office but on the phone she informed me it was actually for their Chattanooga office. I told her I was willing to relocate at which point she seemed unsure on if the company was looking for someone who would have to relocate. I was more than qualified for the position but never heard back. Interviewer seemed all over the place with questions and didn't have much working knowledge of the actual position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions seemed pretty text book as far as a recruiter is concerned. I guess most difficult one was the "What exactly do you want to get out of this position or see yourself doing here?" since she was unable to allude to what the expectations were.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The experience was fairly enjoyable. I considered it more of a mock interview that prepared me for other companies because they were interviewing for a position that opened up in eight months. I was contacted from recruiter after a job fair. It primarily consisted of behavior and technical questions at the same time. Overall easy interview and enjoyable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Basic object oriented questions. Asked to write an algorithm then to black box test in five different ways.
      What is the diff between class and object? Explain polymorphism , inheritance , and encapsulation. How would you reverse a string?

Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I first encountered CTS through Campus Recruiting which was a basic screen. That was followed by a Skype interview with two people. They went back and forth between technical and behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were all based on my prior experience and resume. The Technical questions were related to Java. That was followed by an onsite interview. Which was separated again with Technical and Behavioral.

Interview Questions

• A lot of Java related questions. Medium difficulty. Asked to build a small program in 10 mins for onsite interview. Otherwise inheritance, arraylists, etc.   Answer Question

The initial offer was great and they sugarcoated their offer, but when you look into it their isn't much there. 401k contribution, not match, etc. They don't have the ability to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I met the recruiter via my University. After a Skype interview with the recruiter and an analyst, I was passed on to a group interview with several other potential interns. At this interview, a senior consultant, the office director, and the recruiter told us all a bit about the company and asked a variety of personal and technical questions that ranged from writing a program to computer the Fibonacci sequence to describing MVC to talking about how the Internet works.

After the interview, I was made an offer to intern for the summer. It has been a wonderful experience overall, and I highly suggest this company.

Interview Questions

• The interview was several months ago, and I do not remember many specific questions.   Answer Question