CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

Interview process took a week. Some programming questions and inter-personal questions related to the position. The architect who interviewed me was really intelligent and knowledgeable himself about what kind of work environment I will be joining. He seemed to know a whole lot about the company which helped me put things in perspective for me. 2 Interviews (1 phone screen by recruiter and 1 on-site interview by the technical architect). I was sent an offer in the next 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do in the next 5-10 years?   View Answer
    Since I was new to the market in Birmingham I did not negotiate as well as I should have.

Senior SharePoint Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

I was initially contacted based on public post I made to a Google+ SharePoint group. Kelly, a recruiting coordinator for CTS, reached out to me via LinkedIn to setup an initial phone interview. I spoke with her and she detailed essentially what could be found on their corporate site regarding the company culture. I detailed some projects I had worked on and touched on some of the details of my resume. The conversation lasted about 45 minutes. The original job posting on the site stated the position was for their Atlanta office but on the phone she informed me it was actually for their Chattanooga office. I told her I was willing to relocate at which point she seemed unsure on if the company was looking for someone who would have to relocate. I was more than qualified for the position but never heard back. Interviewer seemed all over the place with questions and didn't have much working knowledge of the actual position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions seemed pretty text book as far as a recruiter is concerned. I guess most difficult one was the "What exactly do you want to get out of this position or see yourself doing here?" since she was unable to allude to what the expectations were.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

The experience was fairly enjoyable. I considered it more of a mock interview that prepared me for other companies because they were interviewing for a position that opened up in eight months. I was contacted from recruiter after a job fair. It primarily consisted of behavior and technical questions at the same time. Overall easy interview and enjoyable atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Basic object oriented questions. Asked to write an algorithm then to black box test in five different ways.
      What is the diff between class and object? Explain polymorphism , inheritance , and encapsulation. How would you reverse a string?
        Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in October 2013.

I first encountered CTS through Campus Recruiting which was a basic screen. That was followed by a Skype interview with two people. They went back and forth between technical and behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were all based on my prior experience and resume. The Technical questions were related to Java. That was followed by an onsite interview. Which was separated again with Technical and Behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of Java related questions. Medium difficulty. Asked to build a small program in 10 mins for onsite interview. Otherwise inheritance, arraylists, etc.   Answer Question

The initial offer was great and they sugarcoated their offer, but when you look into it their isn't much there. 401k contribution, not match, etc. They don't have the ability to negotiate much at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

I met the recruiter via my University. After a Skype interview with the recruiter and an analyst, I was passed on to a group interview with several other potential interns. At this interview, a senior consultant, the office director, and the recruiter told us all a bit about the company and asked a variety of personal and technical questions that ranged from writing a program to computer the Fibonacci sequence to describing MVC to talking about how the Internet works.

After the interview, I was made an offer to intern for the summer. It has been a wonderful experience overall, and I highly suggest this company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was several months ago, and I do not remember many specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in November 2012.

I met CTS reps at my college's career fair, and gave them my resume. While I don't think my resume was anything special, I was one of the few people with fluency in C# at my university as I was a transfer student. I think this was one reason why CTS contacted me later to make sure I was signed up for on-campus interviews.
    On-campus interview was short, around 30 minutes, possibly just to screen me for basic communication skills and make sure that I wasn't completely incompetent. I'd discussed the interview process with an employee beforehand, since CTS has done contracting work (with rave reviews) for a couple other organizations I'm connected with.
    I was offered an "on-site" interview for CTS' Charlotte office a couple weeks later, though I traveled to Atlanta to perform it. The interviewers were extremely courteous, had interesting/useful questions, and seemed thorough in their angle of attack. There were some language specific questions, along with FizzBuzz and more interpersonal questions. Like most interviewees I was a bit anxious about how I did, but I ended up getting an offer after a couple weeks. My graduation date changed, so this acceptance isn't 100% anymore, but my fingers are tightly crossed that the offer remains open later on.

Interview Questions
    • CTS deals primarily in web development and database solutions, neither of which I'm particularly familiar with. Expect to answer questions about HTML, SQL, and the like. My advice? Admit if you're ignorant. Learning a language is easy, trying to BS your way through an involved answer with a chief architect is a terrible idea.   Answer Question
    CTS has what I would consider a pretty generous initial offer. I got the vibe that they reward hard work and competence after you're hired, so I didn't feel pressured to ask for more in terms of compensation or benefits.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in June 2010.

Initial phone interview is with a recruiter. Then they call you onsite at their Riverchase office. You may meet two or more CTS employees. My first was with a senior consultant who asked simple questions such as reverse a string and design a simple database schema. Went over resume to ask some experience related questions.

Interview Questions

Offer was too low. CTS is known to offer lower than average salaries, even when considering the cost of living. Also, there is a strong ol' boy network in place at the company..minorities are rarely promoted. Not a place for a good career.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in November 2009.

Overall, I am impressed with CTS. I like their culture of a small company, strong emphasis on education/training, and "meritocracy". The interview process began with the recruiter contacting me. The conversation took about 30 minutes, during which I was able to get more information about the company and decided that the opportunity was worth pursuing. A technical phone screening was scheduled at this time. I was screened by one of the consultants who asked me some basic questions about my professional experience but nothing challenging that would require me to demonstrate my critical thinking skills. The in-person interview was scheduled a bit later and the recruiter gave me a few pointers to help me prepare. When I arrived for the interview I was met by the recruiter. The first part was the technical interview led by a Senior Consultant and a Consultant helping him. The questions covered a number of topics but overall were mostly simple (frankly, I don't do too well with simple questions). There were a few questions that I didn't answer well in retrospect. Also, I made a silly error while working on a simple database diagram on the whiteboard -- to make things worse, I didn't realize the fact until I was driving home and was reprocessing everything. If I were on the other side of the table, I would have asked some more complex questions and also tested problem-solving skills. After the technical interview I met with a Senior Manager who talked to me about the business side of things. Afterwards, I also met with the HR Manager and the interview ended with the Recruiter talking to me about my salary expectations and telling me what to expect after the interview. I received an offer a week later but, unfortunately, could not accept it because it was too low.

Interview Questions
    • Is clustered index data stored separately from table data?   View Answer

The offer was considerably lower than my current salary and industry average based on my research. It is too bad -- the opportunity appealed to me in many ways.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) in January 2009.

Standard Initial Technical Interview
    Follow-up Detailed Technical Interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions).

I attended a offcampus drive where the first round was GD followed by Aptitude which was purely based on analytical and verbal reasoning and finally Technical and HR interview .I cleared the GD but aptitude was tough for me so i failed in that round