CTS Protective Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Interview

Management
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CTS Protective Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – They bring in a group and do a sales presentation. Short 1 on 1 chat... Do you have transportation, can you pass a background check. Apply for management and they give an offer to go to training (Unpaid) then it is a tryout for them to find the best off the next 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation? (Close ended question)   View Answer
  • Can you pass a background check? (Another closed question)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I expect a company do a real interview and pick who they think the best person is. I was told that everyone say they have integrity and so on so they bring in about 5 for them to decide later. In my many years in management have never offered or been offered a job without knowing what the position is and the pay was. They also expected a person to drive almost 2 hours one way and not put you up in a hotel, gas or even pay you for the 3 days of training. If you continue to do what you do you will continue to get what you get.

Sales/Sales Manager Interview

Sales/Sales Manager
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CTS Protective Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – CTS Protective Services had posted an ad on Careerbuilder.com for sales manager/ Outside Sales. They had posted the starting salary was $40k-$60k. I received a call from their headquarters in Georgia restating this information then proceeded to confirm for a face to face interview on the following day. I arrived at the interview only to find out it was a group interview with a speech about the company, the product and the pay. Then it proceeded to a face to face interview with then manager. He confirmed that it was only for a sales position that was 100% commission with unpaid training. I thanked him for wasting my time and left.

Interview Question – If you left here and ran into a buddy what would you tell them about what you learned today at this meeting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I choose to decline the offer, because it was exactly the opposite of what was advertised. Do not deal with this company as you will only be shammed.

Manager Interview

Manager
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CTS Protective Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – When CTS offers you a job it is a fraud. They call you and let you know you have been hired in as management. When you show up for orientation they then inform you that you are not getting paid for orientation and that you have to be a commission based sales rep for a year before being considered for management.

Interview Question – What do you think when cold calling someone over the phone helps you get their business?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CTS Protective Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – I sent my resume in for a technician job with this company, and was called back by the install manager for a phone interview. I was told this was a traveling position and that i could make anywhere from 30-60,000 a year depending on how willing I was to work. The guy told me all about the company I think it is a family owned company and how he started off in the same position they were hiring for and how much loyalty meant to the owners. I talked with the manager for a while on the phone and he asked me to come in to their office the next day for an interview. I was told to arrive around noon, and to my surprise this company has a lot of employees I was greeted by a very friendly younger girl who asked me to fill out an application while I waited. I met with the install manager and an assistant who took me around and introduced me to everyone in the company even the owner (who seemed to be very young) everyone I talked to was extremely polite I spoke with the manager and his assistant who made the job seem great you work a few weeks then get a week off with pay. The company pays for the hotel, per diem and gas. They offered me the position even though I have no experience and wanted me to be there the following week for a 3 week paid training.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Due to family health reasons I had to call and decline the job. I did call them back a few months later to ask for another chance and was told they were not hiring for that position

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CTS Protective Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CTS Protective Services interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CTS Protective Services employees and interview candidates.