CUNA Mutual Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2014
Updated May 31, 2014

3.1

Business Systems Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CUNA Mutual.

They ask behavioral questions. What did you do when you had to work with someone who wasn't pulling their weight? How did you react when someone disagreed with what you said in a team setting?

There were at least 2 interviews. 2nd one was at their campus and multiple managers took turns interviewing you with a sheet that contains the same exact questions.

Finance Analyst Interview

It was thorough and quick; very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my current employer would say if they knew I was leaving, which caught me off guard   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in January 2014.

The overall hiring process went fairly smoothly which included an initial phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards I was contacted by an HR representative with the offer which included the base salary and benefits associated with the position. They were very flexible with the time I took to make a decision. It did include a background check, drug test, and credit check which has been standard for me for the past three jobs.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions that came up. The questions were straight forward with what I would expect they ask for a project manager position   Answer Question
    I was contacted by an HR representative with the offer which included the base salary and benefits associated with the position. They were very flexible with the time I took to make a decision and with a counter offer. It did include a background check, drug test, and credit check which has been standard for me for the past three jobs.

Director of Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager. After that, brought on-site to meet with various team members.

Everyone was enthused to talk to me, and the process seemed reasonably organized. It took about 6 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    Limited negotiation room. I didn't negotiate much because I was impressed by the company, and felt the offer was very competitive.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual.

1 campus 1-on-1 interview and 1 onsite interview with 2 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral.

I didn't negotiate.

IT Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in May 2013.

I got recommended by a head hunter. Interview was scheduled to last an hour but it lasted 35 minutes instead. Everyone was nice and laid back. They all were dressed in business casual. I had one face-to-face interview with a team of 3. Questions were mostly centered around my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us one instance you had to do work for a client and you had to sacrifice quality for time or the client was not pleased with your results for valid reasons.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I had previously negotiated with my headhunter.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in December 2012.

first had a phone interview followed by 2 face to face interviews within the company. many behavioral questions and open-ended, "tell me your experience with..."

Interview Questions
    • Some situational-type questions, "what would you do when...your customers are not giving you specific enough information or following through with the task as you'd like?"   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in November 2012.

Had an on-campus interview at UW-Madison. Was e-mailed to set up an on-site interview at CUNA. Interviewed on Monday, Nov 19 and heard back on Nov 21. Very quick process. I interviewed with 3 actuaries. The interviews were 30 mins, but I was told they were usually 45 mins.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Just the regular behavior based questions.   Answer Question
    I am going to start out as a Union Worker and had no real negotiations

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in December 2011.

Standard entry-level actuarial interviews - initial phone interview, 4-5 on-site interviews amidst a pool of 10-12 other candidates. Be prepared to answer the standard questions: why do you want to be an actuary, why here, what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. Fairly structured work culture and office space. Upper-level management was difficult to talk with.

Contact Center Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CUNA Mutual in August 2011.

I had applied for the Contact Center Generalist on 07/11/11. I was contacted by Cuna Mutual for a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview a few days later, I was notified by Cuna Mutual that they wanted another phone interview. Then after a few days later I was notified again that they had wanted a face-to-face interview with me and they also wanted to test my skills. After taking the test I had the face-to-face interview with 2 of the hiring managers. I was then asked to come back the next day for a panel interview. After going through all of this, the next day I had recieved a cookie cutter rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any unexpected question, just the normal typical interview questions.   Answer Question