CUNY (City University of New York)
www.cuny.edu New York, NY 5000+ Employees

CUNY (City University of New York) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview Details – Went to the a office in the school and asked if they needed someone. I was asked if I had experience, I replied no, and within a week started working.

Interview Question – Asked if I had office experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Started off around $9/Hour.

Software Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in November 2011.

Interview Details – a full test include algorithm, database, c language, and front end question, simple, but almost everything will be included

Interview Question – which tools you are using?   View Answer

Professor Interview

Professor

Interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview Details – Guilty of 'bait and switch' - advertised full time professor position, offered adjunct position instead. Only 15% of instructors are full time professor, the rest are adjunct

Interview Question – Would you be interested in an adjunct position if you were not selected for the advertised position -   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was a part time position, and not the one they advertised

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview Details – I was invited by a professor in CUNY and got accepted.

Interview Question – To test out the subjects that I never learned before   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went well. The interview consisted of three team members. They had their own questions. It was a smooth dialogue.

Interview Question – Questions consist of a description about yourself, summarization of employment history and how will I be a good fit for their institution.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York)

Interview Details – In order to be hired you need to take a test in the subject in which you intend to tutor. The test is at the level of what you would expect from a midterm in a class in that subject. There are no trick questions, they just want to make sure that you know the material.
There is also a short interview with the head of the math center.

CUNY Office Assistant Interview

CUNY Office Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two beautiful women.
One was truly a champion in looking out for me and my colleagues. Helped and protected us when we needed it most. Miss and truly admire her always.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations, the salary was already set. The two interviewers told me the salary amount again at the interview.

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Adjunct Lecturer
Staten Island, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in August 2012.

Interview Details – Wonderful interview. It was very comprehensive and I received a lot of information about the job, job conditions, and it helped me tremendously in deciding to take the position. I was interviewed by the person I'd be reporting to, not HR, which was very advantageous.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a student who was consistently disruptive in class?   Answer Question

College Assistant Interview

College Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York) in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employer. It was a simple but lengthy process. I had an interview with two supervisors. They asked easy questions wanted a description of your experience. Once interviewed I had got notice within my e-mail that I received the position, and was waiting approval of the human resource department. I interviewed in October 2012, and started working in January 2013.

Interview Question – How many times were you absent or late from your previous job?   Answer Question

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Adjunct Lecturer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CUNY (City University of New York).

Interview Details – This is dependent on one's relationship with a department's chair, but most importantly the (often last minute) need for a class to be taught.

Interview Question – Confidence is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. We are on a union bargained scale.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at CUNY (City University of New York)

Worked for CUNY (City University of New York)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CUNY (City University of New York) interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by CUNY (City University of New York) employees and interview candidates.