CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rocklin, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – If you are willing to work nights, weekend, and holidays you will be hired. they told you about all the payed holidays and the extra money if you worked on those days. informed you about there policies about selling alcohol, dairy, baby food, and money laundering scam alerts.

Interview Question – simply standard question nothing out of the ordinary. Easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they help firm with their starting salary.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – They were quick to respond to me applying for the position and were very quick and though about the interview.

Interview Question – The questions were the generic questions that have meaningless answers.   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – You must apply via the CVS website. Calling to advise your desired location that you've done so is always a good idea. If you are called for an interview, it's a pretty standard procedure, standard questions, like "what is an example of a time you helped a customer with an issue", etc. If hired, you will be subjected to background check, drug test, then classroom training before you are officially onboard. Once you are actually working, you will have many online modules to complete in the first 30 days.

Interview Question – Can you work holidays? Seriously.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are started at a flat rate, period, usually minimum wagr or close to it.

Very Easy Interview

Lees Summit, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and was called a few days later to set up an interview. Went in, she explained the job and talked about the hours and days along with the hiring process. Didn't really ask any "interview" type questions, and said I'd recieve an email on Sunday (I had my interview on a Friday) I never recieved an email, and called for a week before I spoke with her. She told me that they had a transfer take the position.

Dracut, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. Took me a half and hour to fill out the application. I went to the stores that I applied to later on, to check to see if they were still hiring. One store called me back. I went in, they said the wanted to hire me and that was it. They asked basic questions like hours available and pay rate.

Interview Question – There was none actually, straightforward questions were asked.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details – The person that interviewed me ask questions like "How your classes in school benefits you here", " Do you have any classes that required teamwork and what is your role" and etc ? One tip I can give is to remember to have eye contact. This is probably the major fall for me during the interview.

Interview Questions

Pico Rivera, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2009.

Interview Details – My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
York, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in by my manager to meet one-on-one for an interview. We discussed the position and all that it would entail including hours, responsibilities, opportunity for advancement, work culture, etc. Pretty standard interview questions. The job was not hyped. My manager laid it out and let me know exactly what to expect. We both knew that I was overqualified for the position and that this was a part time gig while I'm in Grad school, but he was extremely understanding about schedule concerns and I accepted the job. It's been a great part-time job and I recommend CVS to anyone.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's pretty standard. You get what you get because they can only give you so much. If the offer is less than you want, then it's not the place for you. They aren't terribly interested in your experience or qualifications for a front register position.

Cashier Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2011.

Interview Details – The store manager called me and asked me if I am intressted in a part time position as a cashier but not for the original location that I applied for online, instead of that 16 miles further away. I accepted it and got the interview only a cupple hours after his call.Once I was there the store manager puled out my online application and was going through the whole application sheet to make sure that he understood my answers and needs right. The interview lasted about an hour and it was realy plesant, because the store manager took all my excitement and worries away by his funny way of communicating. He started the background check on my way out and 3 days later he called me again and told me that I am hired as a part time cashier. At this point I have to say that before I got the interview I had my application put in at least a month before that and I did even forgot that I applied at the same time for a shift supervisor position.

Interview Question – Are you able to understand english realy well, because you speak 4 diffrent languages?   View Answer

Cashier Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2009.

Interview Details – Had a multiple choice customer relations skills test to see how you interact with customers. Face to face interview with the store manager. Good probing questions on skills, work ethic and scheduling availabilty. Some "how would you handle this Manager explained what the job would entail as far as duties, hours and pay.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer that has a return that the merchandise is obviuosly used, abused, and not resellable   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Cashier Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.