CVS Caremark

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Yukon, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I wasn't actually formally interviewed per say. I walked in one day and the person that rang me up was the store manager himself. He noticed I looked a little down and we talked for a bit. Then the next week my dad and I went up there to get my medication and so we walked around waiting for it when we ran into the store manager and that's when a little impromptu interview happened. I had just quit my job at a doughnut bakery and was looking for another job and I had already sent in an application there as I explained and we talked for at least thirty minutes in the stationary aisle. It was all very amusing actually, being asked serious questions in jeans and t-shirt. I was hired a month later after a little issue that my manager was determined to get fixed and that's really how it happened for me. I was only attempting to achieve the cashier position though, and, as luck would have it, a cashier was leaving to go somewhere else. She still works here sometimes when she has the time though. That's why I think I got the job so easily. Then, about a month ago I called roped into taking a shift manager's shift because she didn't want to work it and the store manager texted me that night saying, "I took a chance with you and I'm glad I did. Thank you so much for you're dedication." I'm a nineteen year old girl whom previously had only worked a month at a bakery and that's it. That's my work history. He sure did take a chance with me, but he's not the only one who's glad.

Interview Question – Nothing you haven't heard before. Plus, I was just trying to get hired to run a register. There are no hard questions about that. All that happened during the interview was me being warned about how our customers like to be hand held through the whole process of shopping here at CVS.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company website. With in a month, I received a call for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The interview was really easy she asked one question which was "Tell me about yourself?" Then she explained the duties of a cashier and told me I will have to meet with the store manager for a second interview. So the following week, the store manager called me in for a second interview. She asked customer service questions. Once the interview was over, she offered me the position contingent on a background check which came back good.

Interview Question – What makes you a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, she just told me I will be making 9.00 an hour.

Cashier Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I applied online and I called in the next week. I got an interview and was told everything that I would be doing while I was there. He then told me comeback a week later but he didn't follow through so yeah that happened

Interview Question – none, I wasn't asked any questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rocklin, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – If you are willing to work nights, weekend, and holidays you will be hired. they told you about all the payed holidays and the extra money if you worked on those days. informed you about there policies about selling alcohol, dairy, baby food, and money laundering scam alerts.

Interview Question – simply standard question nothing out of the ordinary. Easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they help firm with their starting salary.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – They were quick to respond to me applying for the position and were very quick and though about the interview.

Interview Question – The questions were the generic questions that have meaningless answers.   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – You must apply via the CVS website. Calling to advise your desired location that you've done so is always a good idea. If you are called for an interview, it's a pretty standard procedure, standard questions, like "what is an example of a time you helped a customer with an issue", etc. If hired, you will be subjected to background check, drug test, then classroom training before you are officially onboard. Once you are actually working, you will have many online modules to complete in the first 30 days.

Interview Question – Can you work holidays? Seriously.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are started at a flat rate, period, usually minimum wagr or close to it.

Very Easy Interview

Lees Summit, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and was called a few days later to set up an interview. Went in, she explained the job and talked about the hours and days along with the hiring process. Didn't really ask any "interview" type questions, and said I'd recieve an email on Sunday (I had my interview on a Friday) I never recieved an email, and called for a week before I spoke with her. She told me that they had a transfer take the position.

Dracut, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. Took me a half and hour to fill out the application. I went to the stores that I applied to later on, to check to see if they were still hiring. One store called me back. I went in, they said the wanted to hire me and that was it. They asked basic questions like hours available and pay rate.

Interview Question – There was none actually, straightforward questions were asked.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details – The person that interviewed me ask questions like "How your classes in school benefits you here", " Do you have any classes that required teamwork and what is your role" and etc ? One tip I can give is to remember to have eye contact. This is probably the major fall for me during the interview.

Interview Questions

Pico Rivera, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2009.

Interview Details – My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!