CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2011.

Interview Details – Simple process. Applied online. Had an interview with the store manager, she took me to the back office and asked me a few questions about my previous customer service experience. She then explained pay rate and hours and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No questions asked were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She said the rate was not negotiable. I quit the same month of my 1 year mark, but I think they give 50 cent raises every year. Nothing to write home about.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2009.

Interview Details – The process was a typical behavioral based interview. The process is quick. If you are going to receive an offer you will typically know during your face to face interview. The process includes a initial phone interview, from there if you are qualified you will receive a face to face interview. You may be hired during your face to face interview, or you may be required to do a second interview, it varies by location

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. If you have ever interviewed for a call center you will not be faced with unexpected questions. If you would like additional help you should Google "Call Center Interview Questions." The interview is behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation/ They offer an hourly wage and there is not an opportunity to negotiate. either accept or decline.

Knoxville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was a smooth process with extensive phone and internet interaction.

Interview Question – Why did I want to transition from hands on care to a phone position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Amenable and reasonable to my requests for information with real dollar signs and advancement process.

Lenexa, KS

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2013.

Interview Details – I thought the interview went OK. I have twenty years experience in pharmacy. Seven of it is in customer service in mail order. So I have a lot of experience of being on the phone with customers and on the computer at the same time.

Interview Question – Name a difficult time when you had to help angry customer.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – completed app on line going to a job fair

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was referred through an employee who was working for the company, I was contacted by a women from a staffing agency who CVS uses to hire through. They do most of their hiring through staffing agencies. They scheduled an in person interview.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple. Filled out the application online and got a reply few days later. Dressed business casual and answered a few questions about myself as well as my availability. Waited for a background check and started training a week after that.

Interview Question – Why CVS?
What kind of experience can you bring here?
Availability?
  Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event and I took a test, then went over a presentation about the job and benefits, then had an interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – It was a easy interview and just questions about how to handle certain situations with customers.   Answer Question

Union, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2008.

Interview Details – You must apply online, but if you want to get an interview you need to speak to the store manager in person. The interview was scripted by corporate. With a lot of "Tell me about a time when you..." type questions. None of them were particularly difficult to answer. Most of the questions focus on your integrity, honesty, character, and customer service aptitude. Only had one interview with the store manager before and an offer was extended on the spot pending a background check.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you helped someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting wage was fixed.

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2011.

Interview Details – They just want to get to know who you are, see if your good in a leadership role, or staff.

Interview Question – none really very easy going   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.