CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmary Technician Interview

Pharmary Technician
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was 15 minutes, a lot of it was guided by the resume top to bottom. The standard 'what are your best qualites, what are your worst'. Why did you choose CVS over x x or x pharmacy"

Interview Question – Why did you choose CVS over others   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told 9$ was the max. I wanted 15$. Training paid the same pittance. The registration courses and fees equate to about 7 thousand to work a 9$ an hour job. Dress code is about 200$ an outfit minus cost of dress shoes. Its a 9/hr job but expectations are so high and corporate doesn't realize you can just cut and go... which ends up happening and your pharmacist wont reference you or write letters because you couldnt take the abuse. Saw 2 other techs cry on their first week.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Question – Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

Shift Supervisor A Interview

Shift Supervisor A
Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2010.

Interview Details – I came to CVS from RGIS. I ran many of their stores inventories and was familiar with the DM and store managers. The interview process was fairly typical. I think it was read off of a sheet with suggested questions.

Interview Question – None. they were all easy   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. As soon as I got the phone call I got a face-to-face interview with the manager the next day. They asked very simple questions and basically what I planned on getting out of their company. I went into the interview with my boot camp date already set almost a year later, and they only approved of it more.

Interview Question – None that I can think of.   Answer Question

Front Store Clerk Interview

Front Store Clerk
Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details – The very first thing I did was go into the store in person (dressed nicely; short-sleeve button down, tucked into black slacks, with a black leather belt, and black dress shoes.) I kept my size 4 gauges in my ears. I had my resume printed out, which I gave to an active manager while introducing myself and telling him I was interested in working there. I told him that I would be completing the online application and that I wanted them to have my resume beforehand so that they could read it before my application was submitted, so they'd already have an idea of my credentials.

Did the online application, called them back a day later and asked what time we could schedule an interview for that coming week, and they said they'd call me back. Next day, they called me back and scheduled one for that Friday. Went in in the same sort of outfit as before (I still had my piercings in my ears). I brought an extra resume so that they had my original one I gave them and I had my own. My interviewing manager was fairly direct- "What would you do in these sort of situation" type questions. Best advice is to be completely honest but to MAKE IT CLEAR that regardless of what you think you would do, you're very interested to know how they would like you to deal with those situations. Make it clear that your ears are open and you're ready to learn how to work for them during that first interview, it says a lot. I had extremely good feedback during the interview while abiding to these general concepts.

Interview Question – Have you ever been fired before?   View Answer

Cashier Clerk Interview

Cashier Clerk
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Process was generally simple. Applied online and took the personality test/quiz. Received a call from the Assistant Manager at the store asking for an in-person interview. After speaking with him about my 'perfect' personality test scores, he asked me about my high school experiences and what led me to apply for the position (as I was in high school at the time of interview). After that, he asked me if I'd like to meet with the Store Manager the following week for a second interview. After a brief meeting/interview with the Store Manager, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for CVS/Pharmacy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was my first job while in high school. Was offered minimum wage.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Pensacola, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very bad, everything was online. You will be lucky to get an interview in person, as now they have moved to more online . I have been told it as not a good place to work from peers who have worked there. They did not recommend it.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Shift A Supervisor Interview

Shift A Supervisor
Bradenton, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2013.

Interview Details – Within 3 days of applying online I was called to schedule an interview, 2 days after the interview I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What makes you the best choice for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy, as I was well qualified and didn't really have to negotiate. I told them what I wanted and they happily accepted.

Pharmacist-in-charge Interview

Pharmacist-in-charge
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2013.

Interview Details – Not thorough enough. New pharmacists are hired who have no sense of loyalty nor a good work ethic. Hired more as a warm body.

Interview Question – How will improve the numbers in the store we will put you in   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was an informal affair where the manager just asked about my previous retail experience as well as what I would be willing to do in terms of multitasking. It was very short but the conversation went well and after I got back home just 20 minutes later I received a phone call from the store manager saying to me that I was hired.

Interview Question – As I stated above this was an informal interview and the questions were directly related to my previous work experience which I answered quite easily.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate with the manager over pay but in retrospect I should have since I was put at minimum wage level.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!