CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Enrollment Consultant Interview

Enrollment Consultant
Northbrook, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details – About three weeks after applying online I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Within a week I had an in person interview scheduled. I thought that had gone really well. It was scheduled for an hour and went two hours. I felt like they were interested and trying to sell me on the job. They said they had more interviews to do and I'd hear within 2 weeks. Three weeks later I contacted the recruiter to follow up, he said he would let me know the following week. It's been over 7 weeks since my interview. Obviously at this point I assume I didn't get it, but if they respected candidate's time, they would let you know.

Interview Question – General behavioral interview questions, some technical ones.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out application online and wait for someone to call. You can choose several different locations to make your application available. I was called into the store for an interview with the store manager which was a typical interview with nothing more than the basic questions asked.

Interview Question – There were none   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money and didn't get it.

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – Met at a job fair at a school event. Interviewed with two senior manager type people. Fairly easy interview. Mostly about what I had done at school and any past pharmacy experience

Interview Question – I cant remember any of the specific questions. Standard post college job fair stuff mostly   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2013.

Interview Details – This will be the most pain staking thing you will have to endure, after some time i felt as if i applied for the FBI or CIA. You have your initial interview over the phone. It takes about 5 minutes to answer 3 questions, after you get your in person interview which is scheduled about 2 weeks after your phone interview also during your initial interview you will get your salary offer. If they want you then you will be scheduled for what they call a "round robin" where you sit and interview with 2 different groups first you may sit with up to 5 staff members ranging from successful or seasoned store managers and district managers including the regional LP manager, if they give you the green light then you'll be off to the second one all in the course of 2 to 3 hours. Your final interview is with managers and the regional manager or any higher up available. You never find out how you did, not until you speak with your hiring district manager. Even if you are everything they want your employment is dependent on a third party verification. Assuming everything goes well then you will receive your start date. The process itself takes about 2 to 3 months overall. For what you're getting into its totally not worth it.

Interview Question – Honestly all they care about is that you are open minded and always and i mean ALWAYS! put the customer first. Honestly as long as you tell them and you show them that you are devoted to customer service, you'll have the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but what i noticed is that whatever you say to them in regards to your previous employers salary they will give you an additional 3-4k more than you were making. Again i promise that whatever they give you will not make the job any better.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Shift Supervisor B
Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application originally for a cashier position at an older store and within a couple days I received a phone call about an interview. I showed up in semi business attire not really knowing what to expect for my first retail job. Jeff was interviewing me and it probably lasted 15 minutes with just questions about my previous work experience and I expressed how I have always been in a supervisor position at my previous jobs. He mentioned maybe making me a key holder (shift). After I got the job training was pretty unimpressive. You go to a training store for 5 hours and read a manual. Your first shift at your home store is usually a 4 hour register training.

Interview Question – Mostly just questions about prior customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was expecting $9.00/hr for a cashier position. He offered me $8.50 and I accepted that. It wasn't really a negotiation though.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – First off it was an assessment that analyzes the P & L and coaching. I completed that and about a week later I got a email to set up a phone interview. I have gmail and the problem is all their emails for some reason went to my junk/spam. So you should really check your junk/spam with CVS. That interview lasted about only 10 minutes which I thought was strange but it's just a screening call. I was then contacted a week later to set up an interview with the District Manager along side of a season Store Manager. That went well and he told me it would take a week to know something. Guess he really liked me he called me the following day to offer me the job!

Interview Question – What is some of your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any I had already set my number and it was made. Plus he told me I'll get an extra 8% when I get out of training.

NP Interview

NP

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – Had phone interview with the HR, then a face-to-face interview with the NP manager. The HR was very throughout. The NP manager seemed to be very nice. Overall a good experience. They also offered me to shadow an NP in a clinic before I make a decision whether to accept the offer.

Interview Question – How you would suggestion for a change in a team?   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – First, there is an online application which is easy except for the tedious "personality" quizzes that take up to an hour to complete. After submitting, in about 2 weeks I got an email to set up an interview. I called and was able to get one the week right after. The interview was very relaxed and quick; she asked mainly about my experience and how I would handle certain situations as well as why I wanted the job. After about a month of this, there is a training session for about 8 hours (one day), and then you can begin work.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize your workload?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details – My position is for a Store Manager-- there is a one year training period for me (I will be considered an "Store Manager Trainee" aka Assistant Manager for around 1 year until I am promoted to Store Manager)

1. Applied online... I suggest a greatly written cover letter! You also have to take a virtual job try-out.
2. 1 week later: Received a call to schedule a phone interview as well as a interview with a random Store Manager (I scheduled these two for the same day). My in-person interview was similar to the phone interview:
       a. "Tell me about a time...." sort of questions, nothing too difficult but give solid examples
       b. Show a personality... even if your interviewer doesn't smile at all.
       c. Emphasize leadership and customer service (I've held leadership roles so it was easy)
       d. Ask questions! (especially for in-person)
       e. Phone interview: She ended the interview with "what else would you like to tell me about yourself" so be ready to sell yourself!
3. 1 week later: Received an e-mail to meet with District Manager
       a. Situational questions, give examples, talk about your qualifications and how you'd fit the role
       b. Be prepared to discuss negotiation (give a range... know what is the average in your area)
4. Few days later: District Manager called with an offer. An email will be sent asking you to accept or decline offer.

Once you Accept: Paperwork (all on-line) took about 3 weeks to process (background check, I-9, etc.). I disliked the slow process! You will also schedule your Drug Test a few hours after you click Accept, and you have about 2 weeks to take it once you choose a location for the drug test.

Once all your paperwork is cleared (mine took 3 weeks and they say it takes 3 days - 3 weeks), you go to an orientation class 9am-5pm before you can start.

Overall, I wish the process was quicker because I was available to start immediately and I had a clean record. This took 2 months from the day I applied to the day I can officially start! Be patient. Follow-up.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for CVS?   View Answer
  • 2. Tell me about a time you addressed an issue to your co-workers   View Answer
  • 3. Tell me about a time you improved something   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a range ($45,000-$55,000).

I'm recent 2014 graduate with no retail experience but I sold them on my leadership and customer service skills. I was able to get a salary higher than the average...

I am told my salary will increase based on performance.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process was great. Initial contact was made by a recruiter (contractor for the company), and I was screened over the phone. After that, I walked in to take a brief test, then interviewed with a panel of 5 supervisors. From there I was allowed to sit with one of the senior pharmacy technicians to see what the job entailed. Typically the offers were made days after the interview, but I was stopped by the recruiter in the parking lot and taken back to her office. She offered me the job at that time. I was then sent for drug testing and filled out information for a background check.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? - this question is always difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I believe I could have now. My advice would be to come prepared to leverage your experience during this process - emphasize if you have an education, if you've worked under special circumstances that might benefit the company, have expertise and skills they do not have to train you on. Emphasize how much money you might be able to save them during the training process and moving forward.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice. All 719 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.