CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

619 candidate interviews

Strategic Analyst Interview

Woonsocket, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2009.

Interview Details – This one is really weird and unprofessional. I was contacted by a CVS recruiter through my university that CVS was interested in my background and experience. She, a Senior Recruiter in Rhode Island, wanted me to reply if I was interested. So I did and scheduled a time with her for the interview. On the day of the interview, she missed it! I emailed her to find out what went on. To this, she said she forgot to put the time on her agenda and proposed another day. Another day passed and I got another cancellation. This time was from her colleague who informed that the interview must be postponed as the recruiter was sick. Her colleague left a number to call back, to which I called and left a message. Guess what, never heard anything back, even though I specifically left messages that needed responses. By this time, I was getting impatient. I sent the original recruiter an email to schedule a convenient time for the interview. Her reply didn't come until 3 days after my email. By the time she did, she set up another interview and on the day of the interview... missed again. No email, no other type of communications on both misses she made. I guess this one is not for me. I just think that it's very unprofessional for a recruiter, a senior one at that, to not even make an excuse for missing appointments.

Not bitter... just think that it is weird having this experience from a top Fortune company like CVS. You might say I learn a glimpse of the company's culture without ever speaking to an employee.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2011.

Interview Details – I have never felt like I was being attacked in an interview before I want to CVS Caremark. I left knowing that I would not want to work there or for the hiring manager

Interview Question – I don't think that you are qualified for this position, why do you think that you are?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, I called the store several times and the representatives told me that I just should wait. Since there was still and advertisement on the parking lot saying that they are hiring, I decided go to the store, and try to speak with the manager, finally I was able to talked to her after several attemps. She did not care about my perseverance, she only said that the position was already taken.

Interview Question – She did not ask any specific question, she only said that the position was already given.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Woonsocket, RI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Interview Details – After a few phone interviews had an online assessment that consisted of 3 cases and role play phone calls. The online portion consisted of a role play situation of analyzing a P&L and market research data to determine strategies to increase sales. Then a follow up phone call to discuss the data provided and your assessment.

Interview Question – Analyze P&L and market research data to determine next steps for category   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2012.

Interview Details – Do not even waste your time if you are applying for a management position ,the management team used the group interview format and kept about 30 applicants for about 2 hours talking about the company and then after the first round of interview, the final 6 were asked to wait, then after one more hour waiting to be called, the final 3 were called and by that time I really felt like they were gathering info about other companies and I noticed that as some of the managers were leaving for the day, they kept talking about doing the same the next week. They offered the position but not before insulting me with a very low salary figure and explaning how lucky I was to be offered a job with "one of the best Co. to work for". I thanked them for their time and left.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pay is terrible and they really think that they are the only show in town,

Analytic Consultant Interview

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interviews with 6 managers. Excel case study.

Interview Question – Excel case study was quite difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Recruiting Interview

Woonsocket, RI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Well organized and consistent across interview panel; Only Required one on-site visit; Ample opportunity to engage leadership, peers and staff; Plenty of opportunity to ask questions; Would have liked a more comprehensive job preview; Flexible scheduling around my availability; Good balance of "buying" questions with "selling" statements; Interview scheduling was well thought out and communicated; Quick turnaournd time from interview completion to offer extension

Interview Question – What would you propose to accomplish in the first 30/90/180 days of employment?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Interview Details – DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

Interview Question – How do you compare Walgreens to CVS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2009.

Interview Details – They will ask you.. To name a time that you went above and beyond the call off duty.. Also what would you do questions

Interview Question – What was the thing you disliked most about your ex boss   View Answer

Supervisor - Call Center Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process went by fairly quickly. Applied online on their website and a few days later, I received a phone call from a recruiter in HR who conducted an interview with me over the phone that day. That lasted about 30 mins. I few days later, I received another phone call advising that I passed the first round and now they wanted to schedule an interview between myself and the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager lasted about an hour. And the interview questions were mostly situational behavioral questions. (Tell me about a time...) A week later, I received another phone call advising the hiring manager wanted to meet with me face to face. So we scheduled a face to face interview at the actual call center. I met with both the Manager and Call Center Director. This interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 mins. Same type of questions were asked. And the Director pretty much described her expectations. A week later, I received a phone call from a rep in Talent Acquisition who stated the Manager and Director wanted to offer me the position of a Call Center Supervisor. The phone call described the salary, work schedule, paid time off, start date, etc.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. They were the typical "Tell me about a time..." questions. However, there were about 20 questions asked. So just have a lot of examples prepared so you won't be repeating the same scenarios over and over. Topics were time management, avoiding conflict, coaching style, how do you motivate employees, a time you fired an employee, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary because it was more than what I was making at my previous company, so I was satisfied. I DID negotiate the paid time off however. They originally offered me 2 weeks paid vacation. I asked for 3 weeks paid vacation, and they granted it with no questions asked!

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice. All 619 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.