CVS Caremark

733 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Pharmacy Technician Interview

Registered Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Interview was never bad, met directly with the pharmacist, who then passed my application through to management for the hiring process. THey were all nice and complimenting. Weren't too many questions, just a basic over view of the job requirements, and why I was interested. The basic, what can i do to help the company.

Negotiation Details – Really didn't have to negotiate. SHe offered .50 more than my asking as an entry technician

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Question – Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Rockville, MD

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. This was a part time position and the Pharmacy manger literally begged me to come for the interview and she will "try to get me as many hours as she can" since i was looking for a full time position. the interview itself was also simple and short; problem solving senarios and why you choose this company. The a few days later i called a call saying they have chosen me and would email forms to complete and then schedule on-boarding class. The bad thing is that, they were hiring me (a CPhT as a pharmacy tech trainee and starting pay is 10.00 then after the onboarding was over, i would get an increase in pay. I needed a job (i was so bored and broke at home during the summer break with no money and no way to have quality fun) so i accepted the position. Let's see how it goes!

Interview Question – none, just the regular interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT Interview

Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I handled all of the hiring. I searched through the database & selected whom I thought would be the best fit. Asked basic interview questions like strengths & weaknesses, tell me about a time how you handled an upset customer & how you resolved the issue. Since I worked in the Pharmacy I had each potential employee take a SIG and Day supply tests based on our most dispensed medications. However, each CVS location has their own style & preference on hiring. This company does not have a set hiring process for every location.

Interview Question – Albuterol Sulfate Solution 0.083%
2.5mg/3ml - Vial
25 Vials in 1 box

SIG:
1-2 vials q4-6h prn

How what is the day supply for 2 boxes?

GO!
  View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2010.

Interview Details – II applied online. I was contacted 3 weeks later. I talked with pharmacist in charge about my application. Questions simple. Interview was quick. No real thoughtful questions. Anybody could of answered. Very elementary.

Interview Question – Unexpected question is do I like working in the pharmacy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Expect a long hiring process, and little word back without checking in. My hiring process took about 2-3 months, with stretches of 1-2 weeks between communications. However, during the interview, everyone was very straightforward about what would be expected of me and the level of stress that I would be getting myself into. As a whole the application process was fairly straightforward, very honest, and not terribly difficult. Just very time consuming. My best advice is to keep in touch with the pharmacy manager if you start to have doubts or worries.

Interview Question – Any question about priorities tends to be a trap. Corporate does not want you to prioritize, they want you to make sure everything gets done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over pay, it is $10.50 an hour or bust. Hours are negotiable, especially after you are hired. The length of the hiring process makes a technician very difficult to replace, and that gives you leverage.

Apple Valley, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the companys customer website. I received a call a day or a few days later. They asked me to come in for an interview. When i arrived i was interviewed by the store manager. He didnt ask toomany qustions, just the basics (why do you wanna work here, what will you bring to the team). It didnt last very long, maybe 20 minutes. A day or so later he called to offer a job but said i had to take a drug test to pass (and i did pass). After i was hired, i had to register with the state to become a licensed pharm tech, which cost $35. I also had to go online to fill out my tax forms. I did this all right away of course but for some reason one form wasnt saving and because of that technical difficulty i almost missed the orientation class. If i had missed that class i wouldve had to wait another month to start.

Interview Question – They were all prettt easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate.

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – great it was very fast and efficient. I really enjoyed learning about a pharmaceutical sales industry. I made a lot of friends and valued their insight in what it took to become a pharmacy technician.

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weakenesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – time consuming

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process went pretty smooth, and the interviews went smooth as well. Pretty simple and direct questions. The hiring process was flexible because i had events preventing me from being hired immediately and the company waited for me during an intense hiring period.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question