CVS Caremark

740 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT Interview

Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I handled all of the hiring. I searched through the database & selected whom I thought would be the best fit. Asked basic interview questions like strengths & weaknesses, tell me about a time how you handled an upset customer & how you resolved the issue. Since I worked in the Pharmacy I had each potential employee take a SIG and Day supply tests based on our most dispensed medications. However, each CVS location has their own style & preference on hiring. This company does not have a set hiring process for every location.

Interview Question – Albuterol Sulfate Solution 0.083%
2.5mg/3ml - Vial
25 Vials in 1 box

SIG:
1-2 vials q4-6h prn

How what is the day supply for 2 boxes?

GO!
  View Answer

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Rockville, MD

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. This was a part time position and the Pharmacy manger literally begged me to come for the interview and she will "try to get me as many hours as she can" since i was looking for a full time position. the interview itself was also simple and short; problem solving senarios and why you choose this company. The a few days later i called a call saying they have chosen me and would email forms to complete and then schedule on-boarding class. The bad thing is that, they were hiring me (a CPhT as a pharmacy tech trainee and starting pay is 10.00 then after the onboarding was over, i would get an increase in pay. I needed a job (i was so bored and broke at home during the summer break with no money and no way to have quality fun) so i accepted the position. Let's see how it goes!

Interview Question – none, just the regular interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2010.

Interview Details – II applied online. I was contacted 3 weeks later. I talked with pharmacist in charge about my application. Questions simple. Interview was quick. No real thoughtful questions. Anybody could of answered. Very elementary.

Interview Question – Unexpected question is do I like working in the pharmacy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – great it was very fast and efficient. I really enjoyed learning about a pharmaceutical sales industry. I made a lot of friends and valued their insight in what it took to become a pharmacy technician.

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weakenesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – time consuming

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Expect a long hiring process, and little word back without checking in. My hiring process took about 2-3 months, with stretches of 1-2 weeks between communications. However, during the interview, everyone was very straightforward about what would be expected of me and the level of stress that I would be getting myself into. As a whole the application process was fairly straightforward, very honest, and not terribly difficult. Just very time consuming. My best advice is to keep in touch with the pharmacy manager if you start to have doubts or worries.

Interview Question – Any question about priorities tends to be a trap. Corporate does not want you to prioritize, they want you to make sure everything gets done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over pay, it is $10.50 an hour or bust. Hours are negotiable, especially after you are hired. The length of the hiring process makes a technician very difficult to replace, and that gives you leverage.

Apple Valley, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the companys customer website. I received a call a day or a few days later. They asked me to come in for an interview. When i arrived i was interviewed by the store manager. He didnt ask toomany qustions, just the basics (why do you wanna work here, what will you bring to the team). It didnt last very long, maybe 20 minutes. A day or so later he called to offer a job but said i had to take a drug test to pass (and i did pass). After i was hired, i had to register with the state to become a licensed pharm tech, which cost $35. I also had to go online to fill out my tax forms. I did this all right away of course but for some reason one form wasnt saving and because of that technical difficulty i almost missed the orientation class. If i had missed that class i wouldve had to wait another month to start.

Interview Question – They were all prettt easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process went pretty smooth, and the interviews went smooth as well. Pretty simple and direct questions. The hiring process was flexible because i had events preventing me from being hired immediately and the company waited for me during an intense hiring period.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
Bayside, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for cashier position....got call after couple of days to do an interview and they did some phone screening and then went for 1:1 interview for the new store that they were opening
You can get the job if you have no previous experience but it''s preferred
It wasn't that bad the questions were pretty straight forward

Interview Question – Why did you choose cvs?
Why is Cvs different from other pharmacies?
What is one occasion where you had to go out of the way to provide great customer service at your previous jobs?
How would you define customer service?
And asked question about previous employment
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate but the more previous experience you have the higher the pay but for starters it's 8:00

Social Media Analyst Interview

Social Media Analyst
Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me through email. We set up a 10 minute phone call a week later. this was pretty much a recap of the questions on the application and reviewing my resume. She sent me the wrong job application and told me it the was wrong job application after I submitted it. After that phone call I was sent the correct job application then forwarded some work samples. 2 weeks later, the recruitment coordinator sent me an email with 2 forms to fill out that were the same questions as the job application. a day later the recruiter sent me the names and locations regarding my face to face interview and told me the recruiter would contact me in "1-2 weeks."

I go to HQ in Woonsocket, RI. I was scheduled to meet with 3 administrators in the department separately for a half hour each. With the first interview we walked through my work samples and talked about how her personality reflected the company culture in this department. the next person I met with had a sinus infection. she looked dazed and continued to apologize for her aliment through out the interview. She told me the last person I was supposed to interview with was called into an "emergency meeting" and was unable to meet. I left a resume packet behind for them too look over when they did return. I asked the interviewer what the time frame for the hiring process was and she told me I would get feedback from the recruiter. Overall I though the face to face interview went well and that my experience was relevant to the position.

A few days after the interview I sent me thank you email to the people I interviewed with. 10 days after the interview I left the recruiter a voice mail wondering if there was any feedback. I also emailed the recruitment coordinator if there was an update on the hiring process. I even sent an email to touch base with the person who I didn't get to meet with because of that "emergency meeting. Today, I received an automated emailed from a CVS donotreply address saying "thank you for your interest but..."

A lot of the reviews on here are right saying they aren't an organized company. The reason this position was open was because they are trying to create internal positions based on what they previously had external agencies deal with.

Interview Question – what social media platform do you like the best?   View Answer

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Shift Supervisor B

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews; they ask you simple questions like "do you know how to manage people, explain." They don't always put you in the store you applied for, only to the store that needs help. Its pretty quick.

Interview Question – they ask you a customer service question, its always the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get a high hourly pay, they say 12 dollars is the most they can give shifts but there wrong.