CVS Caremark

Updated Aug 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Interview Details – DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

Interview Question – How do you compare Walgreens to CVS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Retail Management Intern Interview

Retail Management Intern
Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2011.

Interview Details – Here are the steps:
1) Apply online
2) Phone interview with the Recruiting Manager
3) 1:1 interview with the HR Manager
4) Group interview with the District Manager and the Store Manager
5) Background check & Drug Test
6) You're ready to work

The Recruiter, HR, DM, and Store Managers were all friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Within 5 years, what will you be or what do you want to achieve?   View Answer
  • Tell us about the teacher you like the most and the one you hate the most. How did they influence your life?   View Answer

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Cashier Sales Associate
Pico Rivera, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2009.

Interview Details – My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Question – How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Fernando, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Question – if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Clerk/Cashier
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

Interview Details – I went ahead and applied online, It took about a week to get a phone call. The online application is pretty simple and to the point. I really liked the "virtual try-out" because I believe that gives the employer a good sense of what you are good at and your strong points. Wish more companies did that.

Interview Question – He asked me "What is one situation where you were displeased as a CUSTOMER in a retailer?" I was no expecting that question at ALL it came out of left field for me completely.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, I have been looking for a job since June of last year so I didn't pass this up based on salary, etc.

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?
  Answer Question

Reseda, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!