CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – Met at a job fair at a school event. Interviewed with two senior manager type people. Fairly easy interview. Mostly about what I had done at school and any past pharmacy experience

Interview Question – I cant remember any of the specific questions. Standard post college job fair stuff mostly   Answer Question

Dublin, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2013.

Interview Details – After getting connected with a recruiter at a job fair as an upcoming graduate, I was set up with the district manager for a 15 minute meeting. Meeting was sort of informal, informational, and quick. My interview at the job fair was in November and much more in depth (~30 mins). Questions generally were about "Why CVS?" and "What can you bring to the team?"

Interview Question – No difficult questions - just a conversation about my experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details – Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Interview Question – What are your plans in 5 years   Answer Question

Trenton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had been in contact with the pharmacy intern coordinator who got me in contact with a pharmacy supervisor near the area I wanted to work. We briefly communicated via email over a few days, and I eventually set up a time for an in-person interview, which for me, involved air travel back to that area. The interview itself lasted about 30-45 minutes, very straight forward, and I received my offer email about 5-6 days afterwards, with a series of information about offered benefits and salary and such.

Interview Question – Because I had been working with the company as an intern there were many questions about their metrics, SOS, WeCare, MCE, etc... I had been on rotation lately and not working much and was unable to recall my home stores' current scores, but was able to explain how they were all graded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was pretty much a take it or leave it offer, however it does appear to be at to above average for the area.

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Took over 2 months to receive response to application process. Met with Regional Manager. Very relaxed interview style. Standard questions (nothing difficult or unexpected). Our styles seemed to click - was told to expect call from HR regarding drug test procedure, formal offer, paperwork, etc., within by end of following week. It's been over 3 weeks - haven't heard anything despite several calls/emails to follow up. Very frustrating especially since nothing in my background would hinder process. Have confirmed with references that they haven't been contacted either.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult   View Answer

Pharmacist

The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I interviewed at a community interview day at school with three interviewers at one time. They played bad cop/good cop or maybe one of them just genuinely did not like me. It was a relaxed interview with nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an employee who was late?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took place at a job fair for my school. The interview was pretty normal in terms of what to expect. They asked alot about your personal background, what you were looking for in terms of work environment, where you preferred to work, location-wise, and what made CVS a place you would want to work.

Interview Question – Not alot of really difficult questions. Just know why you want to work at CVS.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another offer from a different company with a better location.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2011.

Interview Details – First interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for CVS? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Boynton Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with pharmacy supervisor, was pretty relaxed. Very interested in timelines of employment. Had interest how I had a professional relationship with the employee who referred me

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pharmacist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – was interviewed by a nice enough young man who was obviously over his head in that position. all aspects of the job, environment, personnel, etc., was a distant second place in the obvious 2 horse race in the mid-west for retail dominance in pharmacy.

Interview Question – What would it take to overcome Walgreen's as the best retail pharmacy?   View Answer

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!