CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Pharmacy manager to come in for an in-person interview which was about 1 hour. After the informal interview, the pharmacy manager offered me the job and asked if I would do a drug test; then gave me all the necessary info on where to go for the drug screening.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was in regards to my expectations from the position; I had never worked in a pharmacy/or retail environment before so I did not know what to expect.   Answer Question

Leonardtown, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and in-store at kiosk. Received a call within a week from both the front store manager and the pharmacy manager. Was offered to interview for photo lab or pharmacy position. Chose to interview for pharmacy and was hired after interview. Started the following week and stayed with company for 5 years and 4 months before moving on to current position.

Interview Question – The other pharmacy technicians can sometimes be catty. How would you react in this situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but accepted the salary offered. Usually there is no negotiation.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – At the time the hiring process was completely different so it doesn't really apply

Interview Question – It was a pretty standard interview   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2013.

Interview Details – quick hiring but process is now computerized so it took a lot longer!!!

Interview Question – they asked the most basic.... what info is needed on a CII script?.... and I was so nervous I blanked   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – In looking for a job, I just went to the Pharmacist to build some rapport. After talking to him for a few minutes, he told me he'd give me a call. It took a lot longer than anticipated to get an interview (about a month), but once I did it was practically an on-site hire.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions in terms of situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial pay was a little low so I asked the manager if it could be raised, not long after starting (less than a week) she notified me that I would be getting more than initially promised.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Basic test, basic questions.

Negotiation Details – They offered, I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call within 24hrs of applying. Offered my a job on the spot, only caveat was that I had to work in the front store for 1 month before i got moved to the pharmacy.

Interview Question – Are you ok working for a subpar pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got bumped $0.50/hr. Promised a $1 and then 8% raise when moved to the pharmacy. Still waiting on both. GET ANY PROMISES IN WRITING!!

Very Easy Interview

Lake Mohegan, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – the process was smooth and easy

Interview Question – where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation at all

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – the pharmacy manager never even came to interview me. the store manager did and offered me a job right on the spot. it was an unprofessional interview and they didnt ask me about skill sor experience, only what my availability was.

Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the position and received a call within a weeks time for the selected job that I had applied for. Compensation was not what I had expected. It was a lot lower than what the program I had attended to receive my license had said we would get. Interview questions were simple and basic. Pretty easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Pharmacy Technician CPhT interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.