CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rockville, MD

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. This was a part time position and the Pharmacy manger literally begged me to come for the interview and she will "try to get me as many hours as she can" since i was looking for a full time position. the interview itself was also simple and short; problem solving senarios and why you choose this company. The a few days later i called a call saying they have chosen me and would email forms to complete and then schedule on-boarding class. The bad thing is that, they were hiring me (a CPhT as a pharmacy tech trainee and starting pay is 10.00 then after the onboarding was over, i would get an increase in pay. I needed a job (i was so bored and broke at home during the summer break with no money and no way to have quality fun) so i accepted the position. Let's see how it goes!

Interview Question – none, just the regular interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied in-person and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Good interview loved the Pharmacist in Charge.

Interview Question – None he was up front with me and honest.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Pharmacy manager to come in for an in-person interview which was about 1 hour. After the informal interview, the pharmacy manager offered me the job and asked if I would do a drug test; then gave me all the necessary info on where to go for the drug screening.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was in regards to my expectations from the position; I had never worked in a pharmacy/or retail environment before so I did not know what to expect.   Answer Question

Leonardtown, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and in-store at kiosk. Received a call within a week from both the front store manager and the pharmacy manager. Was offered to interview for photo lab or pharmacy position. Chose to interview for pharmacy and was hired after interview. Started the following week and stayed with company for 5 years and 4 months before moving on to current position.

Interview Question – The other pharmacy technicians can sometimes be catty. How would you react in this situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but accepted the salary offered. Usually there is no negotiation.

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – At the time the hiring process was completely different so it doesn't really apply

Interview Question – It was a pretty standard interview   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2013.

Interview Details – quick hiring but process is now computerized so it took a lot longer!!!

Interview Question – they asked the most basic.... what info is needed on a CII script?.... and I was so nervous I blanked   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – In looking for a job, I just went to the Pharmacist to build some rapport. After talking to him for a few minutes, he told me he'd give me a call. It took a lot longer than anticipated to get an interview (about a month), but once I did it was practically an on-site hire.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions in terms of situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial pay was a little low so I asked the manager if it could be raised, not long after starting (less than a week) she notified me that I would be getting more than initially promised.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Basic test, basic questions.

Negotiation Details – They offered, I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call within 24hrs of applying. Offered my a job on the spot, only caveat was that I had to work in the front store for 1 month before i got moved to the pharmacy.

Interview Question – Are you ok working for a subpar pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got bumped $0.50/hr. Promised a $1 and then 8% raise when moved to the pharmacy. Still waiting on both. GET ANY PROMISES IN WRITING!!

Very Easy Interview

Lake Mohegan, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – the process was smooth and easy

Interview Question – where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation at all

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!