CVS Caremark Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

137 interviews

1.9

137 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2014.

I filled out all online applicacations for various stores that hire and train. I was most impressed with the CVS Application process because it suggested to me excellent training. It also accurately assessed my fitness for the job.

Interview Questions
  • My manager interviewed me and only asked 1 question. She asked me to tell her something about myself   View Answer
no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Caremark

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I came in after school and sat down with the assistant manager. They asked me a few questions about myself and what I thought about the company as whole. The job was explained to me and they tell you what kind of benefits and hours I should expect to work. I was already assured the position before I got there so this was merely a formality.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

After having my interview we agreed on my starting pay due to my lack of experience and education in the pharmacy field. Only disadvantage was some technicians had different starting pay rates with same experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

I had a phone call from the pharmacist with a few questions, and we set up an in-person interview. The face-to-face interview was with the store manager and consisted of questions about my previous work experience and some behavioral questions. I was offered a job that day, pending a drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation.. the pay was better than I expected.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2012.

Within 2 weeks after application got calls back from at least 3 pharmacies. Interview was in the break room with pharmacy manager. lasted 25 min. most questions were about customer service

Interview Questions
    Got an email 3 days after interview stating the hourly rate I would be given, which is the same amount the pharmacist told me during interview. I could either decline or accept.

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

I was called in for an interview with the district manager and pharmacy manager. They were not very proactive in their questioning. I felt as if they didn't really care who they hired. I was told originally it would be a full time position, but during the interview told it was only part time. I didn't get a sense of security while looking at their pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any specific interview questions, only asked me what my availability was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belleville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Very basic interview questions regarding knowledge of the Pharmacy work stations, ex: Drop Off, Pick Up, Production, Verification, and Consultation. The interview was done inside the pharmacy with the PIC (Pharmacist-In-Charge) or "pharmacy manager." Both store and pharmacy managers were very nice and personable.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you think are the responsibilities of each station in the pharmacy?"   Answer Question
    There was none, I was asked to complete training and pass the Board of Pharmacy test to become a licensed pharm tech (Paid by CVS). During orientation hosted at a CVS training store, the trainer wrote each person's hourly pay on a piece of paper and gave it to them. When the trainer was asked about negotiations she directed everyone to speak to their pharmacy managers about it. Later when I had the chance to ask the manager, I was told that was the most they could offer because of "budgets."

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

1 interview with pharmacist with basic interview questions, asked why I was interested in pharmacy and why I chose this company but the training is 16 weeks wish I would have known that before I left my other position.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

It wasn't really a lengthy process. I was taken to the back of the store into the break room area and asked a short series of questions by the head pharmacist. It was over within 5-10 minutes and I was offered the job. The head pharmacist saw that I requested $10/hour and countered at $8.50 and explained that that was 50 cents over the normal pay. I wasn't going to argue.

Interview Questions
    I requested $10/hr but was offered $8.50, which was 50 cents above the normal starting pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

The whole process was great. Initial contact was made by a recruiter (contractor for the company), and I was screened over the phone. After that, I walked in to take a brief test, then interviewed with a panel of 5 supervisors. From there I was allowed to sit with one of the senior pharmacy technicians to see what the job entailed. Typically the offers were made days after the interview, but I was stopped by the recruiter in the parking lot and taken back to her office. She offered me the job at that time. I was then sent for drug testing and filled out information for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? - this question is always difficult to answer.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I believe I could have now. My advice would be to come prepared to leverage your experience during this process - emphasize if you have an education, if you've worked under special circumstances that might benefit the company, have expertise and skills they do not have to train you on. Emphasize how much money you might be able to save them during the training process and moving forward.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!