CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
136 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – I came in after school and sat down with the assistant manager. They asked me a few questions about myself and what I thought about the company as whole. The job was explained to me and they tell you what kind of benefits and hours I should expect to work. I was already assured the position before I got there so this was merely a formality.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – After having my interview we agreed on my starting pay due to my lack of experience and education in the pharmacy field. Only disadvantage was some technicians had different starting pay rates with same experience.

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I had a phone call from the pharmacist with a few questions, and we set up an in-person interview. The face-to-face interview was with the store manager and consisted of questions about my previous work experience and some behavioral questions. I was offered a job that day, pending a drug test.

Interview Question – Name a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.. the pay was better than I expected.

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2012.

Interview Details – Within 2 weeks after application got calls back from at least 3 pharmacies. Interview was in the break room with pharmacy manager. lasted 25 min. most questions were about customer service

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got an email 3 days after interview stating the hourly rate I would be given, which is the same amount the pharmacist told me during interview. I could either decline or accept.

Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview with the district manager and pharmacy manager. They were not very proactive in their questioning. I felt as if they didn't really care who they hired. I was told originally it would be a full time position, but during the interview told it was only part time. I didn't get a sense of security while looking at their pharmacy.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask any specific interview questions, only asked me what my availability was.   Answer Question

Belleville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very basic interview questions regarding knowledge of the Pharmacy work stations, ex: Drop Off, Pick Up, Production, Verification, and Consultation. The interview was done inside the pharmacy with the PIC (Pharmacist-In-Charge) or "pharmacy manager." Both store and pharmacy managers were very nice and personable.

Interview Question – "What do you think are the responsibilities of each station in the pharmacy?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was asked to complete training and pass the Board of Pharmacy test to become a licensed pharm tech (Paid by CVS). During orientation hosted at a CVS training store, the trainer wrote each person's hourly pay on a piece of paper and gave it to them. When the trainer was asked about negotiations she directed everyone to speak to their pharmacy managers about it. Later when I had the chance to ask the manager, I was told that was the most they could offer because of "budgets."

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – 1 interview with pharmacist with basic interview questions, asked why I was interested in pharmacy and why I chose this company but the training is 16 weeks wish I would have known that before I left my other position.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinnary   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – It wasn't really a lengthy process. I was taken to the back of the store into the break room area and asked a short series of questions by the head pharmacist. It was over within 5-10 minutes and I was offered the job. The head pharmacist saw that I requested $10/hour and countered at $8.50 and explained that that was 50 cents over the normal pay. I wasn't going to argue.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested $10/hr but was offered $8.50, which was 50 cents above the normal starting pay.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process was great. Initial contact was made by a recruiter (contractor for the company), and I was screened over the phone. After that, I walked in to take a brief test, then interviewed with a panel of 5 supervisors. From there I was allowed to sit with one of the senior pharmacy technicians to see what the job entailed. Typically the offers were made days after the interview, but I was stopped by the recruiter in the parking lot and taken back to her office. She offered me the job at that time. I was then sent for drug testing and filled out information for a background check.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? - this question is always difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I believe I could have now. My advice would be to come prepared to leverage your experience during this process - emphasize if you have an education, if you've worked under special circumstances that might benefit the company, have expertise and skills they do not have to train you on. Emphasize how much money you might be able to save them during the training process and moving forward.

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Question – Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!