CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
131 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Belleville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very basic interview questions regarding knowledge of the Pharmacy work stations, ex: Drop Off, Pick Up, Production, Verification, and Consultation. The interview was done inside the pharmacy with the PIC (Pharmacist-In-Charge) or "pharmacy manager." Both store and pharmacy managers were very nice and personable.

Interview Question – "What do you think are the responsibilities of each station in the pharmacy?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was asked to complete training and pass the Board of Pharmacy test to become a licensed pharm tech (Paid by CVS). During orientation hosted at a CVS training store, the trainer wrote each person's hourly pay on a piece of paper and gave it to them. When the trainer was asked about negotiations she directed everyone to speak to their pharmacy managers about it. Later when I had the chance to ask the manager, I was told that was the most they could offer because of "budgets."

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – 1 interview with pharmacist with basic interview questions, asked why I was interested in pharmacy and why I chose this company but the training is 16 weeks wish I would have known that before I left my other position.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinnary   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – It wasn't really a lengthy process. I was taken to the back of the store into the break room area and asked a short series of questions by the head pharmacist. It was over within 5-10 minutes and I was offered the job. The head pharmacist saw that I requested $10/hour and countered at $8.50 and explained that that was 50 cents over the normal pay. I wasn't going to argue.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested $10/hr but was offered $8.50, which was 50 cents above the normal starting pay.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process was great. Initial contact was made by a recruiter (contractor for the company), and I was screened over the phone. After that, I walked in to take a brief test, then interviewed with a panel of 5 supervisors. From there I was allowed to sit with one of the senior pharmacy technicians to see what the job entailed. Typically the offers were made days after the interview, but I was stopped by the recruiter in the parking lot and taken back to her office. She offered me the job at that time. I was then sent for drug testing and filled out information for a background check.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? - this question is always difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I believe I could have now. My advice would be to come prepared to leverage your experience during this process - emphasize if you have an education, if you've worked under special circumstances that might benefit the company, have expertise and skills they do not have to train you on. Emphasize how much money you might be able to save them during the training process and moving forward.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me within 2 weeks. The district pharmacist was the lead interviewer and the store manager interview me later. The interview lasted about 30mins and he sent my offer to me on the spot after he was finished with the interview. The store that you interview at will become the store you work at.

Interview Question – Asked basic questions about my work history and asked questions about the priority of tasks or customer first type questions, "Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handle the situation." and " You are in the middle of counting and a costumer comes to pick up, what would you do?" .Also "Why did you choose CVS?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Reasonable pay

Pharmacy Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Took the class they offered and interned at store. Informal interview by pharmacist. We did an online application as part of the class and were told what to answer. Years later, there are still no real opening =s for full time at my store's pharmacy. In general CVS has cut back on retail full-time employees.

Interview Question – I missed a day of internship due to illness and was grilled about attendance at past jobs. Other than that, it was vey informal. I had worked 5 shifts in the store so they saw what I was like,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room really for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Question – Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2010.

Interview Details – II applied online. I was contacted 3 weeks later. I talked with pharmacist in charge about my application. Questions simple. Interview was quick. No real thoughtful questions. Anybody could of answered. Very elementary.

Interview Question – Unexpected question is do I like working in the pharmacy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – great it was very fast and efficient. I really enjoyed learning about a pharmaceutical sales industry. I made a lot of friends and valued their insight in what it took to become a pharmacy technician.

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weakenesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – time consuming

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Expect a long hiring process, and little word back without checking in. My hiring process took about 2-3 months, with stretches of 1-2 weeks between communications. However, during the interview, everyone was very straightforward about what would be expected of me and the level of stress that I would be getting myself into. As a whole the application process was fairly straightforward, very honest, and not terribly difficult. Just very time consuming. My best advice is to keep in touch with the pharmacy manager if you start to have doubts or worries.

Interview Question – Any question about priorities tends to be a trap. Corporate does not want you to prioritize, they want you to make sure everything gets done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over pay, it is $10.50 an hour or bust. Hours are negotiable, especially after you are hired. The length of the hiring process makes a technician very difficult to replace, and that gives you leverage.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!