CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

109 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Apply online. Short interview.

Interview Question – They don't really ask difficult questions. Thayer pretty general and typical questions. I used to interview and the interview lasts about 10 to 20 minutes.   View Answer

Pensacola, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very bad, everything was online. You will be lucky to get an interview in person, as now they have moved to more online . I have been told it as not a good place to work from peers who have worked there. They did not recommend it.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – I just cold called the pharmacy and asked if they were looking for any technicians, and I told them I had a Bachelor's degree and also getting a Master's degree. From there I just was connected to the manger who had me come in for a quick interview, and was extremely easy. I found out then I had the job.

Interview Question – It was really easy. Hardest question was a challenge I had faced. Also my customer service experience   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the Lead Pharmacy Technician, because the Pharmacist was so busy she couldn't take the time to do it herself. I felt like I was interviewing him but answering the questions for myself. It was a very short session and he said they would get back to me.

Interview Question – What they pay rate was.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer online after receiving an email from the company.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details – I only really went to 1 interview then I got the job. They are always needing techs or people willing to become techs.

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Question – Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2010.

Interview Details – Found the add in an online classified, met with the head pharmacist (manager) to discuss scheduling and flexibility because I'm also a college student.

Interview Question – What was an experience you had when you faced a customer issue and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good schedule, low pay

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I applied through the CVS website. It is a bit difficult to navigate. After going in circles, I eventually found my way to apply to the job I wanted and the stores near me. The first part of the website is the standard of posting your resume,then retyping your resume on multiple pages, and agreeing to the companies polices. Then comes a version of the MMPI which asks you questions about your character and than asking the same questions in a different phrasing. I recommend going to the stores you applied to get a feel of the place and a foot in the door. However, I received calls from multiple stores I didn't visit (because the were a last resort because of their distance) to set up an interview. The interview itself was simple. The pharmacy manger reviewed my resume, asked why I wanted to work as a pharm tech, gave me a gist of the work load and flow, and my availability. The next steps included a mixture of online and a few "classes" in order to be fully hired

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room to negotiate. My asked and expected rate was much higher than my clerk job. I was told I was lucky to get far less as the maximum starting wage

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiters are terrible. They aren't well organized at all. Be prepared for a lot of unfortunate problems. It is extremely easy to get hired at CVS Caremark, just know a little bit about Pharmacy and Medical Terminology.

Negotiation Details – It was MIA.

West Roxbury, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took about a week after initial application submission before having an interview set up. Mainly due to an open slot available for evenings/weekends. Interview with head pharmacist was quick and very friendly. Questions were standard. Waiting on response for hiring.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Pharmacy Technician?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Pharmacy Technician interview questions and advice. All 109 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.