CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
137 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me within 2 weeks. The district pharmacist was the lead interviewer and the store manager interview me later. The interview lasted about 30mins and he sent my offer to me on the spot after he was finished with the interview. The store that you interview at will become the store you work at.

Interview Question – Asked basic questions about my work history and asked questions about the priority of tasks or customer first type questions, "Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer and how you handle the situation." and " You are in the middle of counting and a costumer comes to pick up, what would you do?" .Also "Why did you choose CVS?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Reasonable pay

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Question – Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

Pharmacy Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Took the class they offered and interned at store. Informal interview by pharmacist. We did an online application as part of the class and were told what to answer. Years later, there are still no real opening =s for full time at my store's pharmacy. In general CVS has cut back on retail full-time employees.

Interview Question – I missed a day of internship due to illness and was grilled about attendance at past jobs. Other than that, it was vey informal. I had worked 5 shifts in the store so they saw what I was like,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room really for negotiation.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2010.

Interview Details – II applied online. I was contacted 3 weeks later. I talked with pharmacist in charge about my application. Questions simple. Interview was quick. No real thoughtful questions. Anybody could of answered. Very elementary.

Interview Question – Unexpected question is do I like working in the pharmacy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Expect a long hiring process, and little word back without checking in. My hiring process took about 2-3 months, with stretches of 1-2 weeks between communications. However, during the interview, everyone was very straightforward about what would be expected of me and the level of stress that I would be getting myself into. As a whole the application process was fairly straightforward, very honest, and not terribly difficult. Just very time consuming. My best advice is to keep in touch with the pharmacy manager if you start to have doubts or worries.

Interview Question – Any question about priorities tends to be a trap. Corporate does not want you to prioritize, they want you to make sure everything gets done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over pay, it is $10.50 an hour or bust. Hours are negotiable, especially after you are hired. The length of the hiring process makes a technician very difficult to replace, and that gives you leverage.

Apple Valley, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the companys customer website. I received a call a day or a few days later. They asked me to come in for an interview. When i arrived i was interviewed by the store manager. He didnt ask toomany qustions, just the basics (why do you wanna work here, what will you bring to the team). It didnt last very long, maybe 20 minutes. A day or so later he called to offer a job but said i had to take a drug test to pass (and i did pass). After i was hired, i had to register with the state to become a licensed pharm tech, which cost $35. I also had to go online to fill out my tax forms. I did this all right away of course but for some reason one form wasnt saving and because of that technical difficulty i almost missed the orientation class. If i had missed that class i wouldve had to wait another month to start.

Interview Question – They were all prettt easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate.

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – great it was very fast and efficient. I really enjoyed learning about a pharmaceutical sales industry. I made a lot of friends and valued their insight in what it took to become a pharmacy technician.

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weakenesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – time consuming

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the tech position at a few locations within my area. Called for an interview about six months later. Time between interview and job offer: Less than two weeks. Time between job offer and actual start date with the company: Two months. Not pleased with the process.

Interview Question – No question stands out as difficult or unexpected. They were all quite standard, and there was a short math quiz at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate my rate of pay. Since I needed a job, I took it, and then discovered... two months later and the day before I started, "We forgot to mention this is a part time position; are you ok with that?"

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – my hiring process was very unorganized it took me 30 days after my orientation to start work. i didnt hear from management for a long time no one was returning my calls. they gave me hours that i had not worked just to cover themselves in the middle of all the chaos

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details – I had two interviews, it was a long hiring process. Took about 4 months to start the position, which I did not like. They didn't keep in contact well with me during this time either so I did not know what was going on.

Interview Question – It was not a difficult interview at all. Very straightforward.   Answer Question