CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview was very professional, respectful and constructive. The 2nd part of my interview with the Senior manager was anything but. The interviewer looked me up and down as I came into the room and within the first five minutes of the interview told me he wanted to hire someone with more grey hair. Obviously I was qualified with 10-15yrs experience, I just am a younger looking female. I was dressed very professionally in a black Ralph Lauren Suit with a Burberry dress shirt, so it was not as if I was dressed poorly by any means. I really felt discriminated as a woman as well as my age. I am glad that I did not get either role that I interviewed for as I would not want to work for a manager this shallow. I have lost a great deal of respect for CVS after this interview and will not seek future employment there due to similar interview stories asking illegal questions about children and marriage. They have a squared away PMO, but some of the newer managers lack professionalism and class. There was no way to contact HR at CVS about my experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years in your career?   View Answer

Gainesville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called within a week of submitting my resume. I sat down had an interview with two women who were I seemed to hit it off with right away. Within two days I received a call with a job offer

Interview Question – There were no questions that threw me off gaurd   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds of interview in total. Round #1 involved HR phone screen to discuss questions such as role responsibilities, reason to apply, not behavioral questions were asked. After HR phone screen was passed, a case study was sent. I had few days to prepare. Round #2 was the face/face interview with hiring manager where I presented my case. Round #3 was the peer interview with the hiring manager's peer. If you get to Round #3, you can be pretty confident that the hiring manager likes you and just need some confirmation from the peer. The whole process from phone screen to job offer took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Case study might scare off few people, but it only sounds worse than it actually is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked with HR. CVSC outsources some of its recruitment processes to some incompetent agencies, sadly.

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by current employee. After my resume was received by HR, I was contacted for a phone screen. It was pretty basic phone screen-questions about my background and the position. A few days later I was asked to come onsite for several face to face interviews. I was had three interviews for 30 minutes each with several managers in the IT department. A week later I was contacted for a follow up interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later, I received an offer for the position. Afterwards, a drug screen and background check. Starting date set 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty basic-about the job, my background, what methodologies used and such. Not a behavioral interview. Most questions job related. The people were busy and the interviews were short and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate some. It is good to know the market rate for the position you are being considered for. Also, good to know what your background commands in this market.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Got a call for HR personnel and had a good discussion about background, goals, salary etc.
Interview with hiring manager - Unfortunately it was a forgettable experience.
An indian called after 5 mins of the scheduled time. He looked or acted like busy - asked me to hold on multiple times in the call, cut me half while I was talking or answering his questions... Highly unorganized. He ended the call abruptly in the middle and asked me follow up with HR. I dont know why they interview if they are not interested. It's a waste of time for both. I made up my mind I won't join such a company and just ignored their followup mails.

Interview Question – Nothing much to put here - How do you handle slow performance in production etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2009.

Interview Details – Did not clear phone interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.