CVS Caremark

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Lead Financial Analyst
Cumberland, RI

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – HR called me twice asked the same questions, they seem a little unorganized. Had to fill out another form to interview, which I already filled out when applying for the job. In person interview fairly quickly, two weeks after initial call.

Interview Question – General interview questions. What are your strengths, favorite courses. Technical ability. Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Incident Management Interview

Incident Management
Woonsocket, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details – the interview process was straight forward. first the internal recruiter vetted me. then he set up a phone interview with director. then I was invited for face to face. They flew me in and put me up. I spent 1/2 day interviewing. everyone was very nice, and there was time to find my way between buildings.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was given an offer that was lower than desired. I countered with a little above the midline between their offer and my top end. They countered where I was comfortable. this took 2 days.

Social Media Analyst Interview

Social Media Analyst
Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me through email. We set up a 10 minute phone call a week later. this was pretty much a recap of the questions on the application and reviewing my resume. She sent me the wrong job application and told me it the was wrong job application after I submitted it. After that phone call I was sent the correct job application then forwarded some work samples. 2 weeks later, the recruitment coordinator sent me an email with 2 forms to fill out that were the same questions as the job application. a day later the recruiter sent me the names and locations regarding my face to face interview and told me the recruiter would contact me in "1-2 weeks."

I go to HQ in Woonsocket, RI. I was scheduled to meet with 3 administrators in the department separately for a half hour each. With the first interview we walked through my work samples and talked about how her personality reflected the company culture in this department. the next person I met with had a sinus infection. she looked dazed and continued to apologize for her aliment through out the interview. She told me the last person I was supposed to interview with was called into an "emergency meeting" and was unable to meet. I left a resume packet behind for them too look over when they did return. I asked the interviewer what the time frame for the hiring process was and she told me I would get feedback from the recruiter. Overall I though the face to face interview went well and that my experience was relevant to the position.

A few days after the interview I sent me thank you email to the people I interviewed with. 10 days after the interview I left the recruiter a voice mail wondering if there was any feedback. I also emailed the recruitment coordinator if there was an update on the hiring process. I even sent an email to touch base with the person who I didn't get to meet with because of that "emergency meeting. Today, I received an automated emailed from a CVS donotreply address saying "thank you for your interest but..."

A lot of the reviews on here are right saying they aren't an organized company. The reason this position was open was because they are trying to create internal positions based on what they previously had external agencies deal with.

Interview Question – what social media platform do you like the best?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lincoln, RI

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line, had phone and in person interview. Had to pursue recruiter for follow up, asked for feedback when notified job was offered to another candidate. Recruiter never got back to me. Recruitment process impersonal and unprofessional. Uncompetitive salary.

Interview Question – None. Management concerned about adaptation to work environment. Have applied and been interviewed by CVS several times in the past. Managers are given a list of questions to ask candidates, so interview process can seem a bit impersonal.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
North Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR rep for 30 min. screen phone call. Usually, they have established interest from hiring manager on your background if you applied via website. Hiring Manager called the next day for exploratory phone interview. He had a hard stop due to a meeting, but called back to interrogate for an hour. He seemed confused about what kind of skills and experience he needed to hire and was abrupt.

At interview, you can see CVS Caremark has a couple of different cultures (retail v. analytic) going on during transition @ HQ. Hiring Manager had little experience in healthcare, so did not relate to my skill benefits. Manager interrupted a lot, so not a great personal impression. Seemed unable to commit on hiring decisions. CVS is a place where people hire people like themselves; seems like a challenging place to work, with turnover and plenty of artificial stress.

Interview Question – How do you manage "up" when delivering bad news?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had a telephonic interview and face to face with hiring manager and 5 peers

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR rep who conducted a phone screen. Shocking, I was brought in for a full day interview after just the HR phone screen. Full day consisted of an HR interview, 2 case interviews (although one of them, admittedly, did not really focus on the case), 2 fit interviews with director and a lunch with somebody at my level. All of it pretty much went as would be expected. The strangest part was that there wasn't a room reserved for me, so for two of my interviews we walked down to the cafeteria and sat at tables there.

Interview Question – The case did not focus on healthcare. Given that I was applying for a healthcare position and coming from a healthcare background, I was a little caught of guard to be given a manufacturing-focused case.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company was open to negotiating salary, but not other benefits

Consultant Marketing Interview

Consultant Marketing
Woonsocket, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met with the Director of Marketing Department in Career Fair in School, presented him my resume and talked with him about my background. Send a follow-up email after the Career Fair, and was invited to have a on-site interview with the Marketing manager, then, was hired as a consultant about 1 to 2 months later due to school conflicts.

Interview Question – Can you describe any marketing campaign that you have done?
What do you see yourself in 5 years?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask them what salary they usually provide to employers with the similar background as you?

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Shift Supervisor B
Warwick, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was well orchestrated and executed. The company has a good sense of technology regarding the interview and hiring process. Everything was explained fully and the expectations were also outlined. Every manager from HR to Front Store was extremely helpful and very nice. Coordination between HR and the store was excellent too. I was never left to feel unsure about something or a task to complete regarding the hiring process.

Interview Question – Describe a previous job experience when you had to take care of an upset customer. How did you act and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively normal negotiations based off of experience and resume.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview was very professional, respectful and constructive. The 2nd part of my interview with the Senior manager was anything but. The interviewer looked me up and down as I came into the room and within the first five minutes of the interview told me he wanted to hire someone with more grey hair. Obviously I was qualified with 10-15yrs experience, I just am a younger looking female. I was dressed very professionally in a black Ralph Lauren Suit with a Burberry dress shirt, so it was not as if I was dressed poorly by any means. I really felt discriminated as a woman as well as my age. I am glad that I did not get either role that I interviewed for as I would not want to work for a manager this shallow. I have lost a great deal of respect for CVS after this interview and will not seek future employment there due to similar interview stories asking illegal questions about children and marriage. They have a squared away PMO, but some of the newer managers lack professionalism and class. There was no way to contact HR at CVS about my experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years in your career?   View Answer

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!