CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Floral Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Received a phone call for an interview. Went in and questions were asked and date for start was given on the spot. Wasn't expecting something too bad and that's exactly what happened. Just asked simple questions and was given an insight of what the position entailed. Just be yourself and answer the questions honestly; if they're interviewing you, they need you. Also it's based on the hours you are available.

Interview Question – What was the hardest position you were ever put in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate your hourly rate but make sure you do it as soon as you receive your first offer.

Iowa City, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was directed to complete the application online, which involved creating a resume through the application as well as filling out a long test. I was then called back the next day to set up an interview. The interview took place in a back office, and was rather terse and focused upon my feelings about my past job. I felt very awkward coming out of it.

Interview Question – How did you feel about your previous jobs? What were your thoughts of them?   Answer Question

Newark, CA

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2012.

Interview Details – The manager called me to schedule an interview unfortunately I was out of town. So I asked to reschedule he said the position may already of been filled. A week later he calls to schedule an interview again. He asked some questions such as why CVS? And I had a car since they do off site training at a different location.

Interview Question – He asked questions about my degree which I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call went in basically ask if i can start now waited for background then hired

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took place in an office above the store with both the manager and the assistant manager of the store. They were both very nice, but were doing other things during the middle of the interview (i.e. answering phone calls). It lasted around twenty minutes. I was the only interviewee, but they informed me that they would be calling people to come in for another interview.

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge you've had to overcome in your lifetime?   Answer Question

Richmond, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2008.

Interview Details – The manager asked if I was willing to make a long-term commitment and stay year-round rather than just for the summer.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work throughout the whole year during school?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2010.

Interview Details – Dress neat and clean, have a copy of your resume with you and a copy of references also in case they are asked for. You will be asked about what type of position are looking for, make sure you let the interviewer know you are looking for a position with a future and want to grow with the company. Almost all new hires are part time, and hours are flexible, and you will be trained in all departments, be positive about being willing to do that. CVS is a good place to work, but you cannot miss days for no reason or with frequency. You also have to pass a background check. You really need to project that you are a people person as customer service is everything.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. I was called the day after I sent the application. I wasn't expecting an interview that quickly and wasn't prepared attire wise. I ended up going in jeans and a red long sleeved shirt. The questions were standard.

Interview Question – Why should we want to hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Must apply online. It takes 3 days for us to receive the application. It is best to call the hiring manager after we received it to check on the application. If the manager likes your application, he or she will call you for an interview.

Interview Question – Why CVS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating the low salary. But if this is your first job, or if you just need something, I would take it. It is a good job, but NOT a career. Unless your a pharmacist or possible a store manager. However, you will deal with great stress. It may be worth it to you.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was typical for your average corporate retail chain. Basically came down to my personality and availability of hours as opposed to any sort of special skills. They interviewed me briefly over the phone and the 1:1 interview was held in a very small managers office with no air conditioning. This can make it had to stay comfortable, so dress accordingly while still professional.

Interview Question – If a customer demanded that she receive ExtraCare Bucks for a non-qualifying item, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.