CVS Caremark

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Systems Administrative Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2014.

Interview Details – filled out online application. was contacted by HR recruiter on 1/13 and did a quick phone interview. Was asked to come in on 1/29 for an in person. met with 2 people, we had a hard time finding an interview room because the one that was booked apparently another group took, so we went into the DataCenter and they started talking to me and asking interview questions in there. Came back to check up in the room and it was empty so we finished it out there. I answered every question that they asked with more then enough information. Both interviewers agreed I was the best technical resource they have interviewed. Was invited back for a second round lunch with the team. They were 10minutes late even though the restraint was right next door and the recruiter wanted me to dress business casual, but manager said he told them casual. Not one read my resume and wasn't familiar with my info, was a good thing I brought copies again to give to them. Was told they would have an answer for me in a few days. Trying to follow up a few days later, no response. Tried to follow up a few weeks later no response. Every communication with the 2 recruiters (who where contractors) had wrong info, be it dates times, job titles, always had to reconfirm this or that to make sure things were on target.

Manager In Training Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed three times, the first was with a DM in a district that was to far for me, and the DM was great. Very friendly and outgoing and respectful. The second was a training manager for a closer district. She was also very friendly and easy to get along with and made me feel very comfortable to be outgoing with and communicate with. The third was her DM, she seemed nice at first, but when offered the job, she gave a pay offer that she changed as soon as I started working. It ended up being two dollars an hour less, and when I questioned it, I was told to either take the lower pay or leave. Of course I took it, but that was a horrible mistake.

Interview Question – I was asked a very personal question by the third interview, and for future reference, a DM should know, its illegal to ask personal medical questions to a possible employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered two dollars more and hour to start than what I was truly given, and lied to from the start.

Senior Analyst Data Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got call from HR and scheduled 3 rounds of interviews with Hiring manager, Architect and Project Manager

Interview Question – The Architect asked about custom error handling   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer as it is the best offer. They offered me 5% as sign on bonus.

Senior Telecom Analyst Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2009.

Interview Details – I received two phone interviews for the position of Senior Telecom Analyst. The first phone interview was with the company recruiter, and the second interview was with who would be my future manager. The recruiter asked me basic information about my resume, as if to verify everything that was printed on there. My future manager was very specific in the kinds of scenarios she detailed. She needed to know if I was familiar with Telecom, and able to process large amounts of data. As a telecom professional herself, she knew what kinds of answers she was looking for. Also, she needed to gauge my experience with obtaining buy-in from other employees who were averse to change, and posed some questions about how I could convince other employees to use an unfamiliar software product. After a lengthy conversation, I was hired and had to complete the requisite background check and drug test. Once that was complete, I started work. But before my first day, I hadn't met my manager in person. At the time, the company was small and had just been bought by Caremark. A few years later, Caremark got bought by CVS, so the culture had changed a few times during my tenure there. Now, CVS Caremark is quite large, and are still having some issues with assimilating both cultures, and sorting through several layers of red tape. All in all, a good place to work - good salaries, and good work/life balance.

Interview Question – An unexpected question in the interview was how I would handle employees who refuse to change. This was unexpected because the position was not to manage employees, but rather, to work more with data. I now realize that my future manager could have possibly be preparing me for the other personalities on the team, and wanted to be sure that I was of the progressive mindset, and not the regressive mindset.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave my salary requirements, and they were able to meet them.

Advisor Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone and in person interview. Can be much more involved depending on which department you are interviewing for. HR pre-screens applicants and will sometimes weed out otherwise strong candidates if they fail to meet the corporation's required standards for the position. Once employed at the company there is an internal job board which makes applying for positions in other departments fairly easy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a decision you made or an action you took affected another part of your organization. What happened and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with HR, very pleasant negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Processor Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called next day after applying for this postion. Initial Interview from an outsourced recruiting office, Seven Step. Was asked the same exact questions as the online application, such as highest education level, list of prior positions and what I did there. Also asked if I was within an acceptable distance from the hiring location and my expected salary. This was a pre-interview that would be sent on to hiring manager. Recruiter said I should expect call within in 1-2 weeks for second interview and would hear from him either way.

Interview Question – What salary are you looking for with this position?   View Answer

Senior Analyst
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2008.

Interview Details – Mostly over the phone...took a long time to finally get an offer. Dragged along for weeks past when the recruiter said they'd get back to me.

Negotiation Details – Was given 24 hours to make a decision.

Senior Analyst
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Interview Details – I waited for about 2 months before I got a call from HR saying that she wanted to set up an interview. She did a phone interview for about 45 min. It was mostly about background, skills, interests, fit, job descriptions, responsibilities associated with the job, and reason for applications etc.

Interview Question – None apparently.   View Answer

Competitive Intelligence Intern Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2011.

Interview Details – There was a very high level of professionalism expect and shown forth. There was a range of basic personality/situational questions, as well as position-specific questions. There was an expectation to answer the question as if describing a process, so as to give an insight into how you would perform certain tasks.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult time finding information. Where did you start, how did you adapt your approach, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process seemed to be longer than I have been used to. I had phone interview with staffing. Next phone interview was with hiring manager. Next was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and one of the team members. Next was a phone interview with the VP for the group. When I got the offer, next step was the background check. When that was complete, then had to go for drug test.

Interview Question – It wasn't a specific question, but most of them seemed to involve competing priorities, system issues on training/implementations, and compliance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really able to negotiate the pay for the position. Was told up front what the top salary was.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice in Scottsdale, AZ. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.