CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

Interview Details – My position is for a Store Manager-- there is a one year training period for me (I will be considered an "Store Manager Trainee" aka Assistant Manager for around 1 year until I am promoted to Store Manager)

1. Applied online... I suggest a greatly written cover letter! You also have to take a virtual job try-out.
2. 1 week later: Received a call to schedule a phone interview as well as a interview with a random Store Manager (I scheduled these two for the same day). My in-person interview was similar to the phone interview:
       a. "Tell me about a time...." sort of questions, nothing too difficult but give solid examples
       b. Show a personality... even if your interviewer doesn't smile at all.
       c. Emphasize leadership and customer service (I've held leadership roles so it was easy)
       d. Ask questions! (especially for in-person)
       e. Phone interview: She ended the interview with "what else would you like to tell me about yourself" so be ready to sell yourself!
3. 1 week later: Received an e-mail to meet with District Manager
       a. Situational questions, give examples, talk about your qualifications and how you'd fit the role
       b. Be prepared to discuss negotiation (give a range... know what is the average in your area)
4. Few days later: District Manager called with an offer. An email will be sent asking you to accept or decline offer.

Once you Accept: Paperwork (all on-line) took about 3 weeks to process (background check, I-9, etc.). I disliked the slow process! You will also schedule your Drug Test a few hours after you click Accept, and you have about 2 weeks to take it once you choose a location for the drug test.

Once all your paperwork is cleared (mine took 3 weeks and they say it takes 3 days - 3 weeks), you go to an orientation class 9am-5pm before you can start.

Overall, I wish the process was quicker because I was available to start immediately and I had a clean record. This took 2 months from the day I applied to the day I can officially start! Be patient. Follow-up.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for CVS?   View Answer
  • 2. Tell me about a time you addressed an issue to your co-workers   View Answer
  • 3. Tell me about a time you improved something   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a range ($45,000-$55,000).

I'm recent 2014 graduate with no retail experience but I sold them on my leadership and customer service skills. I was able to get a salary higher than the average...

I am told my salary will increase based on performance.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

Interview Details – First off it was an assessment that analyzes the P & L and coaching. I completed that and about a week later I got a email to set up a phone interview. I have gmail and the problem is all their emails for some reason went to my junk/spam. So you should really check your junk/spam with CVS. That interview lasted about only 10 minutes which I thought was strange but it's just a screening call. I was then contacted a week later to set up an interview with the District Manager along side of a season Store Manager. That went well and he told me it would take a week to know something. Guess he really liked me he called me the following day to offer me the job!

Interview Question – What is some of your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any I had already set my number and it was made. Plus he told me I'll get an extra 8% when I get out of training.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the District Manager one-on-one. We discussed my past work experience to a great extent. I was able to ask many questions about their work environment, store structure, expectations, payroll , etc. Their is a good amount of turnover in this position - if you have experience you need to emphasize it.

Interview Question – How soon do you think you could take a store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get as much $$ as you can upfront front because once your in it much more difficult.

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – Two managers a district manager and regional HR manager meet with you and ask basic interview questions.

Negotiation Details – Dm called made offer but offer came via internet and that was different than implied. company pays store manager salaries based on 45 hours per week. so your hourly rate will be calculated on this 45 hours not the usual 40. in other words if they offer you a salary of 60 your actual hourly wage will be significantly lower. so technically you make around 25 dollars an hour.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process goes through a number of steps, starting with submitting your application online. The next step would be an email with a link for a virtual job tryout which is a simulation of what is required to be successful in this job. This would be followed with a telephone interview and if successful, would be followed with an interview with the district manager or HR manager or both.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be there situational based question that ask you how your responded to past situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like most employers, negotiating is limited. The most important thing to know is to know what the job pay in your industry and your city.

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process seem to be very lengthy and with no structure. if you don't follow up they will lose your application and never contact you, but will continue to advertise for open positions with no clear time frame while you wait.

North Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was actually brought on board thanks in large part to a "referral" I received from a friend who already worked for the company. I had 1 phone interview and 1 "in person" interview.

Negotiation Details – Gave a salary range. They split the difference and I accepted their offer

Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Erie, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

Interview Details – I started by doing online application and then doing a assessment test which is the standard personality profile. I had a face to face interview with two store managers and the questions were normal interview questions. The most unexpected part of the interview was that one manager seemed to be good cop while other was bad cop...where the one would say that the company is great, your personal life is respected, the other would say you work all the time usually just the manager and one employee and you work until your job is done even if it takes 16 hours. Really....these managers even took jabs at each other during the interview saying that one has no life outside of CVS anyways while the other said that's why you never get a bonus. The interview seemed to be more about the way these two were completely opposite then about me as the candidate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were overly difficult or unexpected...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Based on the two store managers contradicting each other about the hours, pay, bonus and benefits, I felt that the company was in dysfunction, the hours would be lengthy 55 - 60 and the starting training pay would make you the most underpaid per hour worker in the store.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2012.

Interview Details – You are contacted by a third party HR service for a phone interview first. Your second interview is typically with an experienced Store Manager. Your third and final interview is with a District Manager.

Interview Question – Really it was your usual questions that you would expect to get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They put out an offer and I accepted it!

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.