CVS Caremark Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

the interviewer was very informal. he did this so that I would be less nervous. he tried to create a friendly environment for me. he described the nature of my job. I

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2010.

I had a reverse interview. Normally you have a phone interview first, instead I met with the DM over lunch, and we talked about my past experiences. Afterwards, he just said I had to pass an easy phone interview. It took about 3 days to go through the whole process. Simple and clean.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple. This was a part time position and the Pharmacy manger literally begged me to come for the interview and she will "try to get me as many hours as she can" since i was looking for a full time position. the interview itself was also simple and short; problem solving senarios and why you choose this company. The a few days later i called a call saying they have chosen me and would email forms to complete and then schedule on-boarding class. The bad thing is that, they were hiring me (a CPhT as a pharmacy tech trainee and starting pay is 10.00 then after the onboarding was over, i would get an increase in pay. I needed a job (i was so bored and broke at home during the summer break with no money and no way to have quality fun) so i accepted the position. Let's see how it goes!

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

The process seem to be very lengthy and with no structure. if you don't follow up they will lose your application and never contact you, but will continue to advertise for open positions with no clear time frame while you wait.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2012.

Great communication and follow up as I went through the hiring process. The interviews that I had were well structured and helped me understand the opportunity and share my background.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. All questions were asked about my background, and how I responded to situations and accomplished goals. Be prepared to tell concise stories of your accomplishments and your greatest challenges.   Answer Question
    Negotiations included an unwritten agreement to evaluate after 6 months that was not honored. In fact, the agreement was dishonored when I was promoted into the agreed to role after completion of 4 month onboarding training. Very disappointing and lack of integrity caused me to begin search immediately and I now am happy working with a direct competitor.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leonardtown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leonardtown, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2009.

Applied online and in-store at kiosk. Received a call within a week from both the front store manager and the pharmacy manager. Was offered to interview for photo lab or pharmacy position. Chose to interview for pharmacy and was hired after interview. Started the following week and stayed with company for 5 years and 4 months before moving on to current position.

Interview Questions
    • The other pharmacy technicians can sometimes be catty. How would you react in this situation?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but accepted the salary offered. Usually there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2011.

Interviewed by the store manager. Didn't ask any tough questions. Just wanted to make sure I can make it on time, manage the workload, am not cray or a thief (they've had problems with people stealing drugs from the pharmacy).

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  California, MD
    Anonymous Employee in California, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2012.

I was interviewed by a pharmacy manager for the district. The focus was on community projects and compliance (insurance and legal). The CVS workflow seemed very important.

Interview Questions
    • How can you make a difference in your community?   View Answer

I was working at another company with better pay, hours and work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2012.

To get a job at CVS you have to apply online but I went to the store and spoke to the pharmacy manager in person and he instructed me to apply online. The interview took place in a small office in CVS; it wasn't very impressive but it got the job done. They mainly want to hear that you work well with others.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find anything very difficult, they just want to know you you're hard working and work well with others. He asked me about sports and other activities where I had to work with cooperatively with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2011.

I was interviewed by my current lead technician as well as my former PIC. I only had one interview. They asked me if I had any former experience in the field and I had not. They had me do a drug test as well as a background check. I had to wait about 2 days to hear back from my Pharmacist-in-Charge to tell me when they wanted me to start.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw a coworker of any kind sneaking prescription medication, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!