CVS Caremark

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2012.

Interview Details – Great communication and follow up as I went through the hiring process. The interviews that I had were well structured and helped me understand the opportunity and share my background.

Interview Question – No real unexpected questions. All questions were asked about my background, and how I responded to situations and accomplished goals. Be prepared to tell concise stories of your accomplishments and your greatest challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations included an unwritten agreement to evaluate after 6 months that was not honored. In fact, the agreement was dishonored when I was promoted into the agreed to role after completion of 4 month onboarding training. Very disappointing and lack of integrity caused me to begin search immediately and I now am happy working with a direct competitor.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Leonardtown, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and in-store at kiosk. Received a call within a week from both the front store manager and the pharmacy manager. Was offered to interview for photo lab or pharmacy position. Chose to interview for pharmacy and was hired after interview. Started the following week and stayed with company for 5 years and 4 months before moving on to current position.

Interview Question – The other pharmacy technicians can sometimes be catty. How would you react in this situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but accepted the salary offered. Usually there is no negotiation.

Warrenton, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by the store manager. Didn't ask any tough questions. Just wanted to make sure I can make it on time, manage the workload, am not cray or a thief (they've had problems with people stealing drugs from the pharmacy).

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
California, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a pharmacy manager for the district. The focus was on community projects and compliance (insurance and legal). The CVS workflow seemed very important.

Interview Question – How can you make a difference in your community?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was working at another company with better pay, hours and work environment.

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2012.

Interview Details – To get a job at CVS you have to apply online but I went to the store and spoke to the pharmacy manager in person and he instructed me to apply online. The interview took place in a small office in CVS; it wasn't very impressive but it got the job done. They mainly want to hear that you work well with others.

Interview Question – I didn't find anything very difficult, they just want to know you you're hard working and work well with others. He asked me about sports and other activities where I had to work with cooperatively with others.   Answer Question

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by my current lead technician as well as my former PIC. I only had one interview. They asked me if I had any former experience in the field and I had not. They had me do a drug test as well as a background check. I had to wait about 2 days to hear back from my Pharmacist-in-Charge to tell me when they wanted me to start.

Interview Question – If you saw a coworker of any kind sneaking prescription medication, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Montgomery Village, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Pharmacy Technician position a year before I even got the interview. I received a call from the pharmacy manager and was scheduled an interview. The entire interview was basically about my availability...nothing else. The interview was a total of 20 minutes and since I told them I was a pre-pharmacy student, the manager said that she was going to schedule an interview with the general manager. But that ended up not happening and the position was given to someone else.

Interview Questions

E G Interview

Arlington, VA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in January 2011.

Interview Details – i will like to be manegeer

Interview Questions

• What does the Triple S Score stand for?   View Answer
  • whats a difficult situation that you had to make recently, and would you do it again?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2009.

Interview Details – While the interview experience itself was fine, the result was the worst experience I've ever had trying to get a job. In the end I was given an offer that was dropped more than retracted, and I was just strung along while unemployed.

A third-party recruiter was old friends with the hiring manager, who did a phone interview with me before he brought me in for a face to face interview with him, which was easy, non-technical, and went fine. He seemed nice but wishy-washy (later confirmed). I left his office for an interview with two other people, both engineers, who asked technical questions that weren't too hard. I then took a tehnical computer test and did fairly well. However, the "buzzer" went off before I was done and they offered me more time, but I declined. I'd already decided I didn't want the job. Here's why:

I'm a C# .Net coder and they had VB6 and were intending to migrate to C#. The recuiter and I had an understanding that I had no interest in doing VB6, just the new development. To my surprise, the interview focus had been about me doing VB6 so much that I'd concluded this was a misunderstanding and I wasn't the guy for the job. So I told them so and left cordially. I told the recruiter this and he was surprised, so he called the hiring manager to clear it up. The result was Caremark agreed I'd only do C# and SQL and to bring me in for another interview (I had passed, it seems).

The next interview was with two other guys and went very well, being slightly technical but more of a "how would you implement xyz" thing. I passed. I was asked to do a drug test and passed. They told me I had the job and all signs indicated this. Only the contract was missing.

This all started two months before I'd be available as a consultant when another project ended. As my first day approached, calamity ensued. No contract appeared. Each day the recruiter told me I'd start the next day but then this got pushed back again and again. I was not making any money now. They knew this. The hiring manager was waffling, going on vacation when only he could sign something, that sort of thing.

After a week of this, a contract finally appeared, but someone at Caremark reduced my hourly rate by several dollars. The recruiter said this should take a day to fix. More like another week of being strung along every day again.

Suddenly an extra middle manager was brought into the picture and I was told to go meet with him. It wasn't an interview, just someone trying to decide where I'd be on the project. Imagine my shock when the interviewer told me I no longer had the position (despite a contract having gone out) pending this surprise technical interview. The reason? None, really. He was just taking over for the original hiring manager, who had been unable to make a decision on whether the entire project was happening or not.

After this interview, which I passed, I was again told an offer was still coming and everything was fine. It wasn't, as I was losing my third week of income. In another couple days, I finally gave up and moved on without saying anything, but very furious. I ended up being out of work for 7 weeks because of them (I thought the job was all set and hadn't been looking, and it took a month to find something else - my mistake).

They never came back with an offer and just let the whole thing fall apart. The recruiter told me a month later that they'd frozen hiring, as if I cared anymore. He was unhappy, too, since he hadn't gotten paid.

Almost a year after the whole thing started, the recruiter called and said they had moved forward and were looking for people and if I was interested. I wasn't really, but gave him the resume just to see what happened. That was two months ago and I've heard nothing except "no word yet".

Interview Question – How would you decide which design pattern to use?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Manassas, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called a few days later for an interview. I asked the person if I need to dress up and he said there is no need. That already gave me a bad signal because I thought they don't care about the professional environment like other retailers do. I went there and was told to wait like 15 minutes since the manager wasn't ready. He even forgot he had scheduled me for that day. Then he took me to this back room where this employee was having his lunch and he told him to get out in a very bad manner. I was thinking of how nice the manager was to me and how it was only because I was a candidate. I thought to myself that this is not how you are supposed to treat your employees. Then he asked me to sit down and just basically asked me some traditional interview questions and he then proceded to ask me my availability. It seemed like all he cared about was the fact that I am pretty much available anytime I do not have school. He did not require any skills or qualifications for the job. Which is another bad thing. He then offered me the job on the spot and I said I will let him know. I later called him and rejected the offer because I did not like the environment.

Another thing I noticed is that CVS does not care about how you look. You can go in there with your pants falling off and your shirt not tucked in and they wouldn't care. They even let you have earphones on while ringing customers up. I feel like the management can do a better job with that, atleast in the CVS I went to!

Interview Question – What is your availabilty?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not find the place a nice and enjoyable place to work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.