CVS Health Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in May 2014.

Interview

Step one was a phone screen with an HR agent which took 30 minutes and entailed fairly basic questions. Step two was a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager with more involved questions relating to past work experience and competency in leadership and teamwork. Final round was a half-day on-site session involving four one-hour interviews: more behavioral questions and the occasional case question.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you worked effectively in a team setting   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

There were lots of questions regarding current and future plans if job were to be offered. Does the job description truly fit and if it sounded like something I could see myself staying in or would it be more of a stepping stone type position. These questions were geared more towards the position being more of a "we need someone now" but if things were created and documented properly an opportunity of moving forward in a new role within the department would be an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone screen interview with recruiter (30 mins), followed by phone interview with hiring manager (30 mins), followed by in-person interview with 5 employees (full-day; 1 hour each).

Interview Questions

• Questions were either behavioral or about past work experiences. No case interview or analytics questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen which asked me if could meet the requirements. Followed by a 3 person interview to get to know the team I would be working for. This was followed by an interview with the director. The director was very direct and kept me on my toes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Initially contacted by in-house HR recruiter. Had 2 phone screens by managers, followed by in-person interview (which included Excel test, live presentation exercise, and meetings with future co-workers). Interview process varies by department but initial phone screen is always by the HR recruiter. The HR person won't understand the technical aspects of your skill set, so make sure to sound like you fit the job description.. you can impress the hiring manager later on with lingo.

Interview Questions

• Live presentation of Powerpoint slides with questions from audience   Answer Question

Negotiation

First offer was ridiculous but second offer was fine. Don't count on huge salary increases while you are there so try to start as high as possible for your skill set (without being unreasonable). They will lowball you, esp if you are unemployed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CVS Health (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

Telephone and in person interview. Can be much more involved depending on which department you are interviewing for. HR pre-screens applicants and will sometimes weed out otherwise strong candidates if they fail to meet the corporation's required standards for the position. Once employed at the company there is an internal job board which makes applying for positions in other departments fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a decision you made or an action you took affected another part of your organization. What happened and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR, very pleasant negotiations.