CVS Health Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Health in September 2010.

I had a reverse interview. Normally you have a phone interview first, instead I met with the DM over lunch, and we talked about my past experiences. Afterwards, he just said I had to pass an easy phone interview. It took about 3 days to go through the whole process. Simple and clean.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at CVS Health.

I did not interview for the job. I was promoted to the position, So can not really review the interview and hiring process. However I do know people hired at the position, They needed to go to multiple interviews sometimes with multiple people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarsdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

First I applied online. I received a notice inviting me for an interview. When i got to the address I found several candidates waiting to be interviewed *(upwards of 20) and they just kept arriving. There were several district managers and you had to go from room to room being introduces to the CVS culture and different aspects of the job. We were spoken to as a group, interviewed individually and then verbally "tested" as a group again. It took a long while and by the end I have no idea what i was saying anymore. I got through to the next stage which was a live test on the store on the same day at a busy check-out counter!

Interview Questions
    • Not so much the questions but the live role playing that was thrown at you.   Answer Question
    Not very flexible. I suspect they have set caps dependent on experience and area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Health in March 2012.

I responded to a store ad outside the store. The store manager was an immigrant Indian guy who asked me about my educational background. When I told him I have a masters degree in international economics, he asked why didn't I find a job in that area? (Let's keep in mind this was in the spring of 2012, amid the poor economic recovery following 2008.)

Now I've worked in many retail settings between college semesters, but this was the first time a store manager told me when you apply for a store job, you mark that you're available all seven days of the week. No one day off Sunday for church or nothing. He also told me the position was only part time, with very little chance of becoming full time in the near future. Sounds pretty typical in American retail these days. They want you to be available all the time, but won't give you full time hours, benefits, decent pay, nor regular hours. There are two other arrangements that come to mind: slavery and indentured servitude.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't you find a job with your degree. (The manager asked this in 2012, during the slow economic recovery).   View Answer

out of town

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in April 2010.

One on One with DM. Cluster with 3 - 5 managers

Interview Questions
    • Why CVS? Describe a situation where you failed to meet expectations and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    Not bad. Give and take.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health.

Computer based and then an interview with a current Store Manager background check then an offer

Interview Questions
    • Scenario behavioral based questions. Tell me about a time when..... questions   Answer Question
    Predetermined

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Health.

Applied online. Long application. Got a call about 3 days later from recruiter. Set up phone interview time for a day later. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked about prior experience, difficult situations, management style. Then went two stores on two different days to interview with store managers. Both were really not prepared or experienced with interviewing management level candidates. They seemed more nervous than me. Drug test followed. Rest of process took 3 months while the district manager tried to find a spot for me.

I did not negotiate. Offer was reasonable, $48,000

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2012.

Went on an interview with a District Manager. I got there early, I was well dressed & well prepared. I answered all the questions to their liking but things didn't work out well in the end for either of us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Health in September 2011.

It was ok, just as normal as any hiring process. It just took long.

Interview Questions
    just as any normal negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Health in February 2012.

Do not even waste your time if you are applying for a management position ,the management team used the group interview format and kept about 30 applicants for about 2 hours talking about the company and then after the first round of interview, the final 6 were asked to wait, then after one more hour waiting to be called, the final 3 were called and by that time I really felt like they were gathering info about other companies and I noticed that as some of the managers were leaving for the day, they kept talking about doing the same the next week. They offered the position but not before insulting me with a very low salary figure and explaning how lucky I was to be offered a job with "one of the best Co. to work for". I thanked them for their time and left.

Interview Questions

Pay is terrible and they really think that they are the only show in town,

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!