CVS Health

2.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

The interview was very relaxed, and the hiring manager was very friendly. They treated me like a friend right from the start, and were not at all intimidating. I would recommend my friends and family to apply at this company.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in August 2014.

I had applied months earlier, and completely forgot about it. Received a call from the store manager asking me if I was still interested and if I wanted to come in for an interview. Showed up to the interview, manager was a little late (wasn't even there) but that was okay. I was asked questions like:

What do you know about CVS?
    What is your schedule like?
    Describe a time your manager reprimanded you?
    What would your previous manager say about you?
    Etc..

Interview went pretty well (I think I personally could have done a lot better,) however I got the job. It was offered towards the end of the interview.
    From there I was sent an e-mail containing the agreements we settled on (pay, scheduling, etc.)
    Had to fill out an online form to either accept or decline the offer. Got another e-mail to fill out tax forms (not sure why they do this online). Never received e-mail about a drug test (I was then told it wasn't required, to my surprise). Then I picked up my papers/forms and started training the next few days.

Overall process was very simple, if applying for the position you should have nothing to worry about.

Also, I had experience in retail, however the manager wasn't interested in that. She just wanted someone with great customer skills.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't okay with the pay they were going to start me at, I spoke up and it was changed to my minimum desired amount which was a great surprise!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yukon, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I wasn't actually formally interviewed per say. I walked in one day and the person that rang me up was the store manager himself. He noticed I looked a little down and we talked for a bit. Then the next week my dad and I went up there to get my medication and so we walked around waiting for it when we ran into the store manager and that's when a little impromptu interview happened. I had just quit my job at a doughnut bakery and was looking for another job and I had already sent in an application there as I explained and we talked for at least thirty minutes in the stationary aisle. It was all very amusing actually, being asked serious questions in jeans and t-shirt. I was hired a month later after a little issue that my manager was determined to get fixed and that's really how it happened for me. I was only attempting to achieve the cashier position though, and, as luck would have it, a cashier was leaving to go somewhere else. She still works here sometimes when she has the time though. That's why I think I got the job so easily. Then, about a month ago I called roped into taking a shift manager's shift because she didn't want to work it and the store manager texted me that night saying, "I took a chance with you and I'm glad I did. Thank you so much for you're dedication." I'm a nineteen year old girl whom previously had only worked a month at a bakery and that's it. That's my work history. He sure did take a chance with me, but he's not the only one who's glad.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing you haven't heard before. Plus, I was just trying to get hired to run a register. There are no hard questions about that. All that happened during the interview was me being warned about how our customers like to be hand held through the whole process of shopping here at CVS.   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online and I called in the next week. I got an interview and was told everything that I would be doing while I was there. He then told me comeback a week later but he didn't follow through so yeah that happened

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in July 2014.

I applied online through the company website. With in a month, I received a call for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The interview was really easy she asked one question which was "Tell me about yourself?" Then she explained the duties of a cashier and told me I will have to meet with the store manager for a second interview. So the following week, the store manager called me in for a second interview. She asked customer service questions. Once the interview was over, she offered me the position contingent on a background check which came back good.

Interview Questions
    None, she just told me I will be making 9.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health.

If you are willing to work nights, weekend, and holidays you will be hired. they told you about all the payed holidays and the extra money if you worked on those days. informed you about there policies about selling alcohol, dairy, baby food, and money laundering scam alerts.

Interview Questions
    • simply standard question nothing out of the ordinary. Easy.   Answer Question
    they help firm with their starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health.

They were quick to respond to me applying for the position and were very quick and though about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the generic questions that have meaningless answers.   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health.

You must apply via the CVS website. Calling to advise your desired location that you've done so is always a good idea. If you are called for an interview, it's a pretty standard procedure, standard questions, like "what is an example of a time you helped a customer with an issue", etc. If hired, you will be subjected to background check, drug test, then classroom training before you are officially onboard. Once you are actually working, you will have many online modules to complete in the first 30 days.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You are started at a flat rate, period, usually minimum wagr or close to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health in February 2013.

I applied and was called a few days later to set up an interview. Went in, she explained the job and talked about the hours and days along with the hiring process. Didn't really ask any "interview" type questions, and said I'd recieve an email on Sunday (I had my interview on a Friday) I never recieved an email, and called for a week before I spoke with her. She told me that they had a transfer take the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2010.

The person that interviewed me ask questions like "How your classes in school benefits you here", " Do you have any classes that required teamwork and what is your role" and etc ? One tip I can give is to remember to have eye contact. This is probably the major fall for me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How your classes in school benefits you here?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any classes that required teamwork and what is your role?   Answer Question