CVS Health

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. As soon as I got the phone call I got a face-to-face interview with the manager the next day. They asked very simple questions and basically what I planned on getting out of their company. I went into the interview with my boot camp date already set almost a year later, and they only approved of it more.

Cashier Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Process was generally simple. Applied online and took the personality test/quiz. Received a call from the Assistant Manager at the store asking for an in-person interview. After speaking with him about my 'perfect' personality test scores, he asked me about my high school experiences and what led me to apply for the position (as I was in high school at the time of interview). After that, he asked me if I'd like to meet with the Store Manager the following week for a second interview. After a brief meeting/interview with the Store Manager, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was my first job while in high school. Was offered minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in March 2014.

The store manager called a couple of days after I applied online. He was late to the interview and when he finally got there, he drilled me on overused interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some question about how I would tackle a very heavy workload.   View Answer
    No negotiation. All slave labor initiates get paid minimum wage until you complete the required course work. Then you get a 75 cent raise (possibly less if they can get it lower).

CVS Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in January 2014.

Lead pharmacist Anessa was very kind and down to earth. She asked me a few standard questions such as why I wanted to work for the company, why did I leave my last job, why should we hire you, etc. She also talked about the emphasis that CVS has when it comes to customer service and expressed the importance of it.

It was stated that the job was "not rocket science" and that the pharmacy software was easy to learn, as the current techs that had no formal training through pharmacy programs were able to apprehend it. I was also informed that if I received the position I would be working at that location with the opportunity to pick up hours at another CVS location nearby if it's short staffed. She gave the example of a current tech who wanted extra hours to pay for an upcoming wedding and picked up nearly 60 hrs between the 2 locations. You work as many hours as you like. Don't know if that applies to all CVS locations or just that one location nearby.

Finally I was introduced to the Store Manager who was also very kind. I was told to keep an eye out for an email that I would be receiving that day stating whether or not I got the position. Overall a good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health in January 2014.

Very bad, everything was online. You will be lucky to get an interview in person, as now they have moved to more online . I have been told it as not a good place to work from peers who have worked there. They did not recommend it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online and received a call requesting an interview. The interview was held at the store in their break room. I spoke with the head pharmacist and lead technician for about 15 minutes. The inquired about my previous job at a locally owned pharmacy in my hometown, about my potential work hours and schedule ( I was an undergraduate student at the time).

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any questions posed that I felt were difficult. I felt like they were trying to judge my character, since I would be working around narcotics and private information.   Answer Question

Front Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in November 2013.

The very first thing I did was go into the store in person (dressed nicely; short-sleeve button down, tucked into black slacks, with a black leather belt, and black dress shoes.) I kept my size 4 gauges in my ears. I had my resume printed out, which I gave to an active manager while introducing myself and telling him I was interested in working there. I told him that I would be completing the online application and that I wanted them to have my resume beforehand so that they could read it before my application was submitted, so they'd already have an idea of my credentials.

Did the online application, called them back a day later and asked what time we could schedule an interview for that coming week, and they said they'd call me back. Next day, they called me back and scheduled one for that Friday. Went in in the same sort of outfit as before (I still had my piercings in my ears). I brought an extra resume so that they had my original one I gave them and I had my own. My interviewing manager was fairly direct- "What would you do in these sort of situation" type questions. Best advice is to be completely honest but to MAKE IT CLEAR that regardless of what you think you would do, you're very interested to know how they would like you to deal with those situations. Make it clear that your ears are open and you're ready to learn how to work for them during that first interview, it says a lot. I had extremely good feedback during the interview while abiding to these general concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone Heights, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keystone Heights, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2013.

Applied Online. Received a phone call four days later to set up an interview. I was interviewed by a very friendly Pharmacy Technician for about 15 minutes. All questions asked were very easy. Received a phone call eleven days after the interview saying that I had not received the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply to the pharmacy position? Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle the situation, and what was your solution? What would you contribute to the team? How long are you planning on staying with us? Are you available to work weekends? Asked about school schedule, and what I planned to do once I received my degree.   Answer Question

Shift A Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in September 2013.

Within 3 days of applying online I was called to schedule an interview, 2 days after the interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    Fairly easy, as I was well qualified and didn't really have to negotiate. I told them what I wanted and they happily accepted.

Shift Supervisor A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in July 2013.

The interview for shift a supervisor was a freaking joke..just a do u want it? I said yes and it was mine. I did a few module tests on work computer and that was it. a $0.10 raise...whoo freaking hoo!

Interview Questions
    • what will you do differently as a shift supervisor a?   View Answer
    I asked for $14.00/ hourly and received it. The new jobs manager was very pleased with al of my job position knowledge and said I deserved nothing less than that wage.