CVS Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.2

Senior Manager, Account Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Health in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 1-2 weeks later by HR for a phone screen. It was identified during the initial call that I was overqualified and far out of the pay range for this role. HR spoke with the Hiring Manager and requested I come in for face to face interview anyways...promising to set me up for interviews with other departments that might be a good match at a more senior level. Went in for in-person interview the following week. Everyone was so nice - great culture...lots of excitement about the company. However, everyone I met was screening me for the original position I had applied for. There were no additional interviews for other roles as discussed. After following up with HR and the Hiring Manager a week later, I finally received a call back from HR saying "no surprise" you aren't the right fit for this role and I couldn't match you with anything else. Very disappointing at the lack of effort after I wasted an entire day interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...all based on personal experience.   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Health in December 2010.

I was recommended and initial interview was set up by current employee. Interviewed with General Store Manager. Informal interview in manager's office. not too many questions. Interview went well and manager offered my a job and asked when I would like to start. He then went and introduced me to other employees.

Interview Questions
    • How have I handled difficult situations/customers in the past. Asked to give examples.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

I was already in pharmacy school and had been working as a pharmacy intern at another pharmacy for about 3 years. I contacted the intern coordinator to set up an interview.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

online application-pharmacsit manager intervened me at store. most of are general question and asked questions off from resume. why cvs? introduce yourself? have u ever have any conflict with doctor? ask about education background.

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at CVS Health in July 2014.

Phone Interview screening. Questions asked where why do you want to leave your organization. Salary requirements given, and you had to agree to the salary on the spot, which made me feel like I was locked in. In-person interview that took an hour

IT UI Developer, Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in September 2014.

Very unprofessional interview process. The interviewer had difficulty speaking English. The interviewer was asking questions about areas of expertise not in the job description and seemed to have a limited understanding of the job requirements. Borderline rude.

other offer.

Shift Supervisor A Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CVS Health in December 2013.

It took forever to get hired. District Manager and Store manager promised me a specific salary, after I quit my job they informed me I would get that pay.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage your time if you needed to get your work done, but an employee of yours needed help with their work?   View Answer
    If they tell you you'll receive a certain salary, get it in writing.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Health.

You are required to fill out a survey and perform a drug test. The survey was fun for me and it's pretty logical how you should answer some of the questions to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions were the situational questions in the survey, "what would you do if...". Really not 'unexpected' just slightly obscure   Answer Question
    Ask for one dollar over the price they give you and just see if they can be flexible. It's work it not to get stuck working for $9 and hour only raising $0.50 a year.

Cvs Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CVS Health in January 2014.

Met with an on-campus recruiter. A few weeks later a pharmacy manager called me to set up an interview in market. I met him and we had a 1 on 1 interview. Fairly easy. Got the job offer a few weeks after that. The process was easier and shorter than for other employers I've interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic "tell me why you want to work for CVS" kind of questions   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative - Nashville TN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Health in September 2014.

well. I applied right before Labor Day 2014. The very next day on a wednesday I had a digital interview with about 8 questions to answer. The next day, I have a phone interview with a recruiter who scheduled for interview after the holiday. This week 09/03 completed interview in position which consists of taking notes from live calls used I guess to see if one is paying attention. I was then interviewed by a HR rep for 30 minutes who asks me questions based off my resume and where I'm worked. He did ask why did I want to work for cvs caremark and one of the last questions was how did I prepare for interview and I rattled off about 15 things I new about the company.

I went back to the library and waited for second interview with a Supervisor. She was nice. told me a little bit more about the work environment. I was armed with a list of questions so the interview was about 40 mintes long. I did that intentionally to show my level of interest. The interviewer wanted to know if I was coachable and how do I or a candidate take feedback. They did mention some new hires doing well ad having opportunities to go to san antonio and train.

After this, I went back to lobby again(total of 3 hours) and waited for HR. I met with same interviewer who offered me the position. I must of made a good impression. They do ask probing questions, they dont just give it to you. Personally, I have been out of work for well over a year, but I have a good opportunity there. Every company has its kinks, yet I expect to do well here and improve my life.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult. I would advise to ask questions based on job description, the healthcare field, and whats on the web site. Must have a plan you know   Answer Question
    Hmmm they offered me few pennies more because of my customer service experience. I didnt attempt to negotiate

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!