CVS Health

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online but I never received any contact back. After about two weeks I called all the stores I applied to but all but one seemed interested in hiring. I talked with the Pharmacist and she asked for me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview was very basic, questions about when I was available and what the job entails. Over all it was pleasant. They said that they would contact me back after reviewing my application. (they had a difficulty finding my application on the computer) I never received a call back, so I called and they said that they haven't been able to review my application yet, even though the interview was a week ago. They asked to call the next week and I called again and they still couldn't find my application and they said that they sent a request to the company to see what was wrong and they would contact me. I waited and waited and finally I called and they said that they were still waiting to hear back. Ultimately, they never called back and seemed like they were not interested in hiring.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

Participated in a career fair interview. Pretty straightforward, not high stress at all. Mostly situational questions "tell me about a time when..." so have examples ready for common situations. A few business-related questions, so be prepared to discuss how you would increase script volume or bring in more customers if you weren't reaching your goals. Basically just sound proficient in the business side of things.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health.

I first applied for the position in February of 2014, was contacted by HR in April and had my initial phone screen. I was told the next steps would another phone screen by a panel, then a phone screen by the hiring manager, and the last step would be a face to face with the hiring manager. Panel phone screen was setup for the 1st of May, spoke with 4 Directors for about an hour. Got great feedback and the hiring manager bypassed the phone screen and had me come in for the face to face 2 weeks later. I was then setup for a phone interview with a SVP out of NYC at the end of May, had a great conversation with him and felt positive after the interview. HR emailed back on June 2nd and said they would be wrapping up the position within the next 2 weeks and that I was the frontrunner. 2 weeks went by and no contact, finally at the end of June I heard that the SVP wanted me for a more senior role on the company and asked that I do a few more rounds of interviews with other executives. I had a face to face scheduled for July 10th with another SVP, it went great as well and it sounded as if they wanted to move quickly. A few more weeks went by with nothing, then another request for another interview came for August 14th, a tele-presence with a VP out of NYC, had another great conversation with him, found out more about the role they wanted me for and left thinking I would have an offer soon. I was contacted at the end of August by the HR Director and she explained the role in more detail, sent me the executive benefits package, and talked about the verbal offer with salary, stock, and bonuses, so I felt pretty confident I had the position. She said she would have an offer in my hands by the weekend. I have been calling and emailing the HR Director and the recruiter every 2 weeks since that time with no response. I received a message from the recruiter in late October that they now were under a hiring freeze until January. So all in all this process took over 9 months and I find it very unprofessional that the HR staff could not reach out to me and let me know the position had been filled, I was no longer under consideration, or that there was a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
    • It's been so long since I last spoke to anyone there I cannot recall the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I emailed a district manager and received a call back within two days to schedule an interview. A week after the initial interview, I was received a call to set up a second interview. The second interview was more in depth and focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone lied to you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Tech Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health in December 2014.

I applied about 5-7 days before I got a call on Thursday for a Friday interview. Was told that a decision would be made mid week of the following week. I got a call on Monday and accepted the position. There were lots of customer service questions during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had a rude customer and how you handled the situation?

How would you make sure the prescription was right so that there weren't any life threatening situations?

Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. I started at $8.50/hr.

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

easy question about past experience. I was pleasant meeting with the manager. He was easy to talk to and easy to come across. I arrived early and the manager interview me right away. everyone i met that day was great to talk to and looked like they enjoyed what they do.i

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. Tell me about a time you experience difficult customer and how did you deal with that customer?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online and within the week had gotten a call to come in for a interview. My first interview was with the store manager. It was brief and very general how did you hear about us why do you want to work here kind of thing. Very casual interview. Two days after my first interview I got a call for my second. The second interview was with the district manager and the store manager. A lot more professional and they fleshed out more of my personality and fit for the company asking more situation and hypothetical questions still a rather brief interview less than 20 minutes. By the next week I was being drug tested and trained.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would change about the company and why?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

i walked in with resume and i was hired on the spot.
    they were really short staffed and really need help.i walked in with resume and i was hired on the spot.
    they were really short staffed and really need help

Shift Supervisor B (Over Night Shift Supervisor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was asked if I had a Drivers License and for haw long, for a Criminal Record Certifiquete, I was asked if had problems with the Law. Asked for previous Expiriences. Then the Owner tells me what my duties will be if I want the position. Wisch he finally offer me starting the same day I apply for. I was very happy to acept and said Yes I do.

Interview Questions
    • I really cant remember its been over (25) years. But I remember one thing, he siad to me. It depends on you how far you want to get. I always quept that in mine.   Answer Question
    It was nice and smooth.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

The interview was set up through my school with a bunch of other companies present. They made you fill out their application ahead of time. I only had the one interview, but I heard they called some people back for a second interview too. I interviewed with two people. I received an offer the next day, but some people still haven't heard anything (2.5 weeks later) and some people got an email stating that they think other candidates are better suited for the position. The offer includes your salary and other benefits, but they don't tell you the exact location that they want you to work. They also give you 30 days to respond to the offer. They were very friendly and the interview wasn't really intimidating at all. There were a few times where I forgot a word that I wanted to say and they helped me out without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The standard tell me about yourself of course and some other standard ones. There were a lot of scenario questions on how would you improve your business essentially. The most unexpected was along the lines of tell me about a time you had to adhere to/manage a budget, but other than that I feel like the questions weren't too unexpected.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.