CVS Health Interview Questions

1,152 Interview Reviews

2.2

Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in December 2009.

Interview

This one is really weird and unprofessional. I was contacted by a CVS recruiter through my university that CVS was interested in my background and experience. She, a Senior Recruiter in Rhode Island, wanted me to reply if I was interested. So I did and scheduled a time with her for the interview. On the day of the interview, she missed it! I emailed her to find out what went on. To this, she said she forgot to put the time on her agenda and proposed another day. Another day passed and I got another cancellation. This time was from her colleague who informed that the interview must be postponed as the recruiter was sick. Her colleague left a number to call back, to which I called and left a message. Guess what, never heard anything back, even though I specifically left messages that needed responses. By this time, I was getting impatient. I sent the original recruiter an email to schedule a convenient time for the interview. Her reply didn't come until 3 days after my email. By the time she did, she set up another interview and on the day of the interview... missed again. No email, no other type of communications on both misses she made. I guess this one is not for me. I just think that it's very unprofessional for a recruiter, a senior one at that, to not even make an excuse for missing appointments.

Not bitter... just think that it is weird having this experience from a top Fortune company like CVS. You might say I learn a glimpse of the company's culture without ever speaking to an employee.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Paramus, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Do not even waste your time if you are applying for a management position ,the management team used the group interview format and kept about 30 applicants for about 2 hours talking about the company and then after the first round of interview, the final 6 were asked to wait, then after one more hour waiting to be called, the final 3 were called and by that time I really felt like they were gathering info about other companies and I noticed that as some of the managers were leaving for the day, they kept talking about doing the same the next week. They offered the position but not before insulting me with a very low salary figure and explaning how lucky I was to be offered a job with "one of the best Co. to work for". I thanked them for their time and left.

Interview Questions

Pay is terrible and they really think that they are the only show in town,

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in May 2012.

Interview

After a few phone interviews had an online assessment that consisted of 3 cases and role play phone calls. The online portion consisted of a role play situation of analyzing a P&L and market research data to determine strategies to increase sales. Then a follow up phone call to discuss the data provided and your assessment.

Interview Questions

• Analyze P&L and market research data to determine next steps for category   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online, I called the store several times and the representatives told me that I just should wait. Since there was still and advertisement on the parking lot saying that they are hiring, I decided go to the store, and try to speak with the manager, finally I was able to talked to her after several attemps. She did not care about my perseverance, she only said that the position was already taken.

Interview Questions

• She did not ask any specific question, she only said that the position was already given.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Northbrook, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I have never felt like I was being attacked in an interview before I want to CVS Caremark. I left knowing that I would not want to work there or for the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• I don't think that you are qualified for this position, why do you think that you are?   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Northbrook, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interviews with 6 managers. Excel case study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

IT UI Developer Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Northbrook, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

This was a complete waste of my time.
    I applied for this position the week of June 30. I did not get a phone call from HR until August.

On August 11th, the phone rings out of the blue with an area code I don't even recognize and no company name associated with it so I assumed it was a telemarketer and let it go to voicemail. I later realized it was an HR recruiter for CVS/Caremark. I immediately return the call, he asks can we talk for about 15 min. later this week, he specifies a day and I said OK. That day came and went, he never even called on that specified day.

Another week or so goes by, it's now August 19th, the phone rings again out of the blue from yet another area code that I'm not familiar with and no company name with it. I let it go to voicemail but this time the recruiter emails me as well. It's a different recruiter with CVS/Caremark inquiring about the same job. Apparently both of these guys are HR contractors with CVS/Caremark.

This time I was able to speak to the second HR guy about the job. He didn't ask any questions about my resume he simply asked are you able to work in the U.S. and what's your highest degree. He then tells me the hiring manager has already reviewed my resume. I inquired why are you guys just now calling me over a month later, he didn't really give me a direct answer. He also tells me the position is not in Northbrook but in Buffalo Grove which is fine by me but why wasn't the job description updated properly on the web site.

Two days later, the first HR guy sets me up with a phone interview with the "hiring leader" which took place about a week later. Come to find out it was a technical lead, not the hiring manager who interviewed me and who proceeded to grill and quiz me on technical questions about advanced levels of jQuery, CSS, and Javascript. I honestly could not answer the majority of these questions. He didn't even bother to go over my resume or look at my portfolio of design work. He also has an accent which made it difficult to understand what he was asking.

Needless to say, I did not get the job. They sent a rejection notice 3 days later. The job is also still posted.

I have been unemployed for several years now and have been struggling to keep my skills up to date with no job to give me the challenge and exposure that I really need. It really sucks to be part of the long-term unemployed my struggle continues...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in September 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process. The interviewer had difficulty speaking English. The interviewer was asking questions about areas of expertise not in the job description and seemed to have a limited understanding of the job requirements. Borderline rude.

other offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Woonsocket, RI) in February 2015.

Interview

very poorly done - they are too snooping into your personal life - should not be interviewed like this - it is against the law - CVS is not a company one should wish to work for or interview with. They are terrible

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line . A few days latter received a email for a phone interview set a time and date the person who called for phone interview was rude and scatter brained at best .I then was contacted by the D.M for a face to face interview he called left a message I returned his call within the hour it took him over a week to contact me back we set a time and place for interview then I received a text message to a latter time . Interview went great was told I had the job basically and they would 've in touch within the week . Well week two and no calls no emails so I called the D.M I was told his recruiter would be contacting me and should have already !!! Well after reading all the negative reviews And my experience so far I will decline this job . They need a serious adjustment in professional 101 and how treatment there employees as well as potential employees !!!