CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in October 2010.

DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

No Negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health.

I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in October 2013.

Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions
    • How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2014.

I went ahead and applied online, It took about a week to get a phone call. The online application is pretty simple and to the point. I really liked the "virtual try-out" because I believe that gives the employer a good sense of what you are good at and your strong points. Wish more companies did that.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me "What is one situation where you were displeased as a CUSTOMER in a retailer?" I was no expecting that question at ALL it came out of left field for me completely.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation, I have been looking for a job since June of last year so I didn't pass this up based on salary, etc.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Fernando, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Fernando, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2010.

I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Questions
    • if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer
    very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at CVS Health.

I was interviewed twice over the phone and called into five separate interviews. One time the manager did not show up and his assistant "quasi-interviewed" me...not knowing I had an appointment. Two different managers told me the company was under a "reign of terror", that the job was terrible right now and that long term managers were being let go. A fourth manager was only vaguely interested... he asked the same question 3 times... how long I had actually held my last position.

I believe I had a lot to offer CVS. I am sorry that the morale is so low... I can not help that CVS bought the chain you were trained in and that you hate your employer. If things are so bad perhaps you need to have people conduct the interviews who represent your company better.

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in May 2011.

Here are the steps:
    1) Apply online
    2) Phone interview with the Recruiting Manager
    3) 1:1 interview with the HR Manager
    4) Group interview with the District Manager and the Store Manager
    5) Background check & Drug Test
    6) You're ready to work

The Recruiter, HR, DM, and Store Managers were all friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Within 5 years, what will you be or what do you want to achieve?   View Answer
    • Tell us about the teacher you like the most and the one you hate the most. How did they influence your life?   View Answer

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pico Rivera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Health in April 2009.

My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?
        Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2009.

Started as cashier. This company like to promote from with based on performance.
    Dress professionally. Drug tested. ESTEEM qualification required.

Questions are what you would typically expect. Past job history, work ethic, conduct, etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!