CVS Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in September 2010.

Apply online. Get an initial phone call which is brief. Set up time for interview. Sometimes there is only one with the field manager. There is a second interview, although only in rare instances.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are a leader? Follow up question, why?   View Answer
    Fairly straightforward. Accepted the offer that was decent.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in November 2013.

Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in August 2011.

Mainly an informal chat with supervisor discussed job location, work duties scheduling. Some basic interview questions "tell me about yourself" "what are your strengths" "what is your weakness"..etc Will probably never have another interview like this again

Interview Questions
    • Was basic stuff "tell me about yourself" "what are your strengths" "what is your weakness"..Just basic interview questions.   View Answer
    there was no negotiation

CVS Pharmacy Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in February 2015.

The interview was quick. Not so many questions. Just the basics. The manager was nice. I have no experience in supervisor but she loved my personality. So waiting for an answer now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when u help a coworker with their tasks. ( at work )   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

I posted my resume on the CVS website and I received a call about 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The first woman I spoke to was very nice and I had to take a quick quiz about basic pharmacy tech stuff such as conversions and translating prescriptions. It was a very casual interview - she just asked me to tell her about myself and we talked about my personality to make sure I was able to handle customer service, then she said that she would submit my resume directly to the stores in her area that were hiring.

I got a call the next week from the pharmacist working in the store that needed a tech and I spoke to her and she just talked to me about the hours and any previous experience I had in a pharmacy and with customer service. She then told me to apply directly to her store and I received the email saying I got the job about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.

The interview was very casual but maybe I was just lucky and got a nice interviewer?

Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Questions
    • Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in March 2012.

Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
    They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
    That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
    Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
    I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
    stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you want to be a Store Manager.   View Answer
    • What did your previous store do saleswise?   View Answer

Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
    my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
    it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health in August 2009.

Started as cashier. This company like to promote from with based on performance.
    Dress professionally. Drug tested. ESTEEM qualification required.

Questions are what you would typically expect. Past job history, work ethic, conduct, etc.

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2011.

Here are the steps:
    1) Apply online
    2) Phone interview with the Recruiting Manager
    3) 1:1 interview with the HR Manager
    4) Group interview with the District Manager and the Store Manager
    5) Background check & Drug Test
    6) You're ready to work

The Recruiter, HR, DM, and Store Managers were all friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Within 5 years, what will you be or what do you want to achieve?   View Answer
    • Tell us about the teacher you like the most and the one you hate the most. How did they influence your life?   View Answer

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2009.

My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.