CVS Health Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.2

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Initially applied online. About a week after the online application I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, it took about a month and a half before I heard back from the company. I was called by phone to come in for an interview at the district office. We set up a time and date at the district office. I also received an email confirming the interview and was told to visit at least two stores prior to the interview. If you get this email, be sure to not only visit the stores but ask for the Store Manager - the purpose of the visits is to get a realistic idea of the company culture and expectations prior to your interview. I met with the District Manager and a Store Manager for the interview. It was a fairly informal interview wherein I was asked a lot of questions about my previous experience. What responsibilities I had at my previous job, what was a typical day like, and why do I want to work for CVS? After the interview I didn't hear back from the company for several months. I received a phone call from the District Manager almost two months after my interview with a job offer. After the phone call job offer I received an email with a link to follow to formally accept the offer, and fill in my information for background check. A few days later there was another email with a link to fill in my I9 and other info. then there was an email with a link to schedule a drug test. After which I received a phone call with information about my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to CVS that other candidates may not?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Very inept process. I submitted an application online. I was emailed to schedule a time to conduct an interview. I had the interview with a very dry person, and she told me I would hear something within a week. I then got an email saying that I will be moving foward in the process and to fill out an application. I submitted the application and then two days later I got an email staing that the managers had a blast speaking with me, but they chose another candidate. It was strange that I got approved to move to the next step, but was then shut down without ever getting a formal interview. My advice is to deal it a more straight foward company.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

I went through the process of interviews that started with a phone interview,group interviews and interviews with a store manager who would be the trainer. Once I exposed my current income then the process shut down. The store manager had said the pay would not be near my current salary and that the store manager would call me back once the store manager found out what the pay would be. I never heard a word back from the store manager even after I had sent 2 emails to the store manager. I would say CVS has some opportunity on the way they follow through with interviews. I would also disagree with a store manager being in charge of any hiring and that CVS should have a district manager follow through on the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for CVS?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CVS Health in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online for many positions at CVS Caremark ranging from store manager to pharmacy tech. I was finally contacted by a local store manager to come in and interview for a management trainee position. The interview was a 1:1 interview with a store manager/ training manager. It was a fairly laidback Q&A style of interview session with questions relating to my previous work experience. I was passed through to a 2nd interview with the District Manager. The 2nd interview was more in depth than the 1st. The DM asked questions that pinpoint areas where he saw that I was inexperienced. So make sure you get a good night of sleep before your 2nd interview, stay calm and come prepared.

Interview Questions

• How can you prove to me that you are willing and ready to put in the kind of physically demanding work that is required to be a manager at CVS?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at CVS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It takes 3 months for you to get benefits at CVS and every fulltime employee gets them so focus on negotiating your pay. I was offered an hourly wage which I thought was reasonable, but I asked for more and they increased it a dollar/ hour in a day.