CVS Health Pharmacist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted for an interview within two days of submitting application; interview lasted about an hour and was fairly straight-forward - not behavioral based as with many companies. Benefits and pay are good - schedule is not great, long hours an kept discussing many reasons why people do not excel in this position and how I can be different. I was told it would be hard to get a chain pharmacy job in the future if I didn't consider this position to gain experience - I have worked in independent pharmacies in the past.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for an interview for a location that I didn't apply to (said I was wiling to relocate). The pharmacist position was for a very small town. District manager asked: Why retail pharmacy? Describe a time when you provided good customer service. Tell me of a time when you had multiple assignments due at the same time and did you manage. Manager called the next day offering the job.

Interview Questions

They wanted a five year commitment and I wanted something closer to my hometown.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Participated in a career fair interview. Pretty straightforward, not high stress at all. Mostly situational questions "tell me about a time when..." so have examples ready for common situations. A few business-related questions, so be prepared to discuss how you would increase script volume or bring in more customers if you weren't reaching your goals. Basically just sound proficient in the business side of things.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I emailed a district manager and received a call back within two days to schedule an interview. A week after the initial interview, I was received a call to set up a second interview. The second interview was more in depth and focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where someone lied to you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

The interview was set up through my school with a bunch of other companies present. They made you fill out their application ahead of time. I only had the one interview, but I heard they called some people back for a second interview too. I interviewed with two people. I received an offer the next day, but some people still haven't heard anything (2.5 weeks later) and some people got an email stating that they think other candidates are better suited for the position. The offer includes your salary and other benefits, but they don't tell you the exact location that they want you to work. They also give you 30 days to respond to the offer. They were very friendly and the interview wasn't really intimidating at all. There were a few times where I forgot a word that I wanted to say and they helped me out without a problem.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. The standard tell me about yourself of course and some other standard ones. There were a lot of scenario questions on how would you improve your business essentially. The most unexpected was along the lines of tell me about a time you had to adhere to/manage a budget, but other than that I feel like the questions weren't too unexpected.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Interview took place at a career fair. The people were very nice and were actively looking to fill positions with new pharmacy graduates. It is best to know which areas are actually looking to hire that way you can interview with those looking to bring on new employees instead of just participating in the career fair. Process was very organized and well planned.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that is very good at her job but comes in to work late and isn't very customer friendly.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I came to CVS as a former Osco employee and my interview was long ago. I have had yearly reviews which are not that helpful and mostly give negative evaluations although customers and coworkers seem to be satisfied with the work I did

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website and got an interview. Pretty simple interview process. Interview mainly was there to sort out candidate to see if they can work well in teams. It lasted 30-40 min. Mainly behavioral questions. I heard back from them within a month and they gave me a month to decide if I want to take the offer. I tried negotiating but they did not budge on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Interviewed as an intern for pharmacist position. Had interview scheduled with district manager or pharmacy supervisor for the district that you want. Interview lasted about 45 minutes -- focused a lot on CVS business model, how you leverage their numbers (performance measures, customer experience scores, etc.) to improve business and make a successful pharmacy.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage your Store Own Sales to improve and drive business?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I was an intern for CVS throughout school and was told that I would at minimum have an interview. However, I was warned that the market was saturated and I was not guaranteed a position. The interview followed standard set of questions asked of all interviews that included questions about personality, experience, and knowledge of different CVS measures. It felt scripted at first but felt much more comfortable by the end. Overall not too challenging as long as you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is one area that CVS does not do a good job of measuring with the current SOS model.   Answer Question