CVS Health Pharmacist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interviewed as an intern for pharmacist position. Had interview scheduled with district manager or pharmacy supervisor for the district that you want. Interview lasted about 45 minutes -- focused a lot on CVS business model, how you leverage their numbers (performance measures, customer experience scores, etc.) to improve business and make a successful pharmacy.

Interview Questions
  • How would you leverage your Store Own Sales to improve and drive business?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Pharmacist Interview

I was an intern for CVS throughout school and was told that I would at minimum have an interview. However, I was warned that the market was saturated and I was not guaranteed a position. The interview followed standard set of questions asked of all interviews that included questions about personality, experience, and knowledge of different CVS measures. It felt scripted at first but felt much more comfortable by the end. Overall not too challenging as long as you are prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is one area that CVS does not do a good job of measuring with the current SOS model.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health.

The first interview was face to face at my school career fair. They asked a series of 5-6 behavioral questions about leadership, increasing sales, handling conflict, and what's the most challenging project you were ever given.

Pharmacist Interview

Met at a job fair at a school event. Interviewed with two senior manager type people. Fairly easy interview. Mostly about what I had done at school and any past pharmacy experience

Interview Questions
    • I cant remember any of the specific questions. Standard post college job fair stuff mostly   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

Saw several job postings online at the company website (full time and part time all in the same local area) and I applied online. I received an email about two weeks later requesting an interview which was set up online. Interview had basic questions, not the standard behavioral based questions. I was asked about my experience. How do I feel about reports and metrics? I asked how performance is evaluated and he said he had done several interviews and only one other candidate had asked about that. The interviewer said that I picked a difficult time to interview (May) because pharmacy schools have just graduated and it would be a while before he finished interviews and made offers. I was offered a part-time floater position about two months later. Fourteen hour days, no lunches, little tech help. I declined.

Interview Questions

Fourteen hour days, no lunches, little tech help.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health.

Took over 2 months to receive response to application process. Met with Regional Manager. Very relaxed interview style. Standard questions (nothing difficult or unexpected). Our styles seemed to click - was told to expect call from HR regarding drug test procedure, formal offer, paperwork, etc., within by end of following week. It's been over 3 weeks - haven't heard anything despite several calls/emails to follow up. Very frustrating especially since nothing in my background would hinder process. Have confirmed with references that they haven't been contacted either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in February 2014.

I had been in contact with the pharmacy intern coordinator who got me in contact with a pharmacy supervisor near the area I wanted to work. We briefly communicated via email over a few days, and I eventually set up a time for an in-person interview, which for me, involved air travel back to that area. The interview itself lasted about 30-45 minutes, very straight forward, and I received my offer email about 5-6 days afterwards, with a series of information about offered benefits and salary and such.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had been working with the company as an intern there were many questions about their metrics, SOS, WeCare, MCE, etc... I had been on rotation lately and not working much and was unable to recall my home stores' current scores, but was able to explain how they were all graded.   Answer Question
    None, it was pretty much a take it or leave it offer, however it does appear to be at to above average for the area.

Pharmacist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

I interviewed at a community interview day at school with three interviewers at one time. They played bad cop/good cop or maybe one of them just genuinely did not like me. It was a relaxed interview with nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in November 2013.

Must be personable, adaptive, show leadership experience,.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in November 2013.

The interview took place at a job fair for my school. The interview was pretty normal in terms of what to expect. They asked alot about your personal background, what you were looking for in terms of work environment, where you preferred to work, location-wise, and what made CVS a place you would want to work.

Interview Questions
    • Not alot of really difficult questions. Just know why you want to work at CVS.   Answer Question

I got another offer from a different company with a better location.