CVS Health

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.4

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

Participated in a career fair interview. Pretty straightforward, not high stress at all. Mostly situational questions "tell me about a time when..." so have examples ready for common situations. A few business-related questions, so be prepared to discuss how you would increase script volume or bring in more customers if you weren't reaching your goals. Basically just sound proficient in the business side of things.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I emailed a district manager and received a call back within two days to schedule an interview. A week after the initial interview, I was received a call to set up a second interview. The second interview was more in depth and focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone lied to you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health.

The interview was set up through my school with a bunch of other companies present. They made you fill out their application ahead of time. I only had the one interview, but I heard they called some people back for a second interview too. I interviewed with two people. I received an offer the next day, but some people still haven't heard anything (2.5 weeks later) and some people got an email stating that they think other candidates are better suited for the position. The offer includes your salary and other benefits, but they don't tell you the exact location that they want you to work. They also give you 30 days to respond to the offer. They were very friendly and the interview wasn't really intimidating at all. There were a few times where I forgot a word that I wanted to say and they helped me out without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The standard tell me about yourself of course and some other standard ones. There were a lot of scenario questions on how would you improve your business essentially. The most unexpected was along the lines of tell me about a time you had to adhere to/manage a budget, but other than that I feel like the questions weren't too unexpected.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview took place at a career fair. The people were very nice and were actively looking to fill positions with new pharmacy graduates. It is best to know which areas are actually looking to hire that way you can interview with those looking to bring on new employees instead of just participating in the career fair. Process was very organized and well planned.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that is very good at her job but comes in to work late and isn't very customer friendly.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at CVS Health.

I came to CVS as a former Osco employee and my interview was long ago. I have had yearly reviews which are not that helpful and mostly give negative evaluations although customers and coworkers seem to be satisfied with the work I did

Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interviewed as an intern for pharmacist position. Had interview scheduled with district manager or pharmacy supervisor for the district that you want. Interview lasted about 45 minutes -- focused a lot on CVS business model, how you leverage their numbers (performance measures, customer experience scores, etc.) to improve business and make a successful pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you leverage your Store Own Sales to improve and drive business?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I was an intern for CVS throughout school and was told that I would at minimum have an interview. However, I was warned that the market was saturated and I was not guaranteed a position. The interview followed standard set of questions asked of all interviews that included questions about personality, experience, and knowledge of different CVS measures. It felt scripted at first but felt much more comfortable by the end. Overall not too challenging as long as you are prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is one area that CVS does not do a good job of measuring with the current SOS model.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health.

The first interview was face to face at my school career fair. They asked a series of 5-6 behavioral questions about leadership, increasing sales, handling conflict, and what's the most challenging project you were ever given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

Easy they first had a one on one interview at Midwestern University then they ignored me so I sent out a thank you letter then few weeks later she called me and offered me a job.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

My initial contact came in the form of a personal referral from a co-worker at my internship. I then had a very brief (~20 minutes) interview/conversation with the district manager at my local pharmacy job fair at my university. I was offered a position within 3 weeks with no further communication. This was for a job directly out of pharmacy school. I'm not sure if my experience was a bit different because of the personal referral or if that is how it is for anybody. I did not intern at CVS or at retail at all throughout school. Be sure to tell them you are in no way interested in residency!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult at all. They asked questions about my experiences and why I wanted to work retail. There were no "tell me about a time when..." questions. They were more like..."how would you deal with this..." questions.   Answer Question

Had a better offer from a different company. I also feared that I would be expected to pick up a good chunk of overtime. This would mean lots of money (they do pay great OT), but less work/life balance.