CVS Health Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Initial interview was at an off-site job fair. Completed an application and then scheduled an in-person interview to follow up. Received a call immediately to schedule in-person interview. In-person meeting was very informal. Interviewed with 2 supervisors, very basic and relaxed. Received a return call within days offering the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Very informal interview, asked what my plans were in school, after school, and how being a pharmacy tech would help me in my future endeavors. Make sure you help to keep the interview moving along. They like to see individuals that are able to provide satisfaction verbally and friendly, they don't want to see someone who just gets straight to the point with blase answers. They're stuck in a corner of a store and need entertainment!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a situation quickly in order to reach a goal in time.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Took weeks to hear back on my application. The interview was informal - just me and the pharmacy manager in the store's office and he was very relaxed and asked very basic questions. Was very honest and straight forward, yet still professional. Just talked one on one about me, my application, and the job for about a half hour. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any specific questions - they were all very standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Lehigh Acres, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Sunday night. Went into the CVS Pharmacy on Monday morning in order to show the face behind my application. I spoke with the manager , told him I was very interested in the position. We went to the break room, and had an immediate interview. He read over my resume, noticed i had experience in retail, asked about my availabilty , whether I was interested in full time or part time, gave me information about the company , and proceeded to tell me I was a perfect fit for the job :)

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work well under pressure ? Can you keep up in a fast paced environment ?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Filled out an app online, got called in a few days later met with pharmacy manager looked at my resume told me about the job. got a call a few days later from corporate saying i got the job i think i had to do a drug test and background as well

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in with an open mind some people make a career out of this.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

We sat away from the actual pharmacy. It was very laid back. Almost like a conversation. It was a little awkward because customers were still getting their medication and having the RPH step away for an interview put all of the pressure on the tech

Interview Questions

• Why CVS When have you ever had to deal with an unruly customers?   Answer Question
    • When have you ever had to deal with an unruly customers?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2015.

Interview

Called the CVS and they pulled my application and the pharmacist scheduled me for an interview for two days later. She was so impressed by my resume and didn't ask me a single question. CVS wants smart employees, if you're an engineering student like me they'll be extremely impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter 1 business day after submitting an application and scheduled for an interview later that week. Only one of the employees scheduled to interview me was in attendance. I was asked to perform some simple calculations, transcribe some common sigs, and give the name and usage of five drugs. Beyond that, the interview questions were very standard and overall it was a very relaxed and casual affair. I was given a job offer by phone from the recruiter only hours after the interview. All paperwork was completed online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn something quickly in order to help your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for different locations. 2 weeks later I got a call from one of the Pharmacy Managers, she said she received my resume and she asked me about my college major, availability, and why I choose my major. My major is radiology and I told her I wanted to enter the healthcare field because I enjoy helping people. She liked my answer and said she enjoyed my phone interview asked me to come in for a in person interview. I then said I had no idea this was a phone interview, I thought we were just talking and she laughed. I went in for the interview and she asked me questions about my availability, my major, my current jobs and duties. She also asked me a lot of customer service questions and she asked was I a fast learner. She then explained the hiring process and training and told me she would give me a call tomorrow. I got a call from her the next day saying I got the job and I received my offer email a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How would you handle an upset customer? How do you handle stress? Are you a fast learner? What is your college major and why did you choose it? What are current job duties and responsibilities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online, I got a call back for a hiring event about 2 months later. The interview was very short and informal. I only got asked about 3 questions and the rest was just talking about what the job was going to be like and what I would be expected to do if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a tough work situation that you experienced and how did you get through it?   Answer Question