CVS Health Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

1.9

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

They called me maybe a week and a half after I submitted my application. It was barely an interview, more like a conversation. They asked about my experience, my availability, went over the training process, explained the salary, etc. A few questions to assess whether I'd fit into the environment, whether I was comfortable with a high-activity environment, that sort of thing. One on one, and also only one interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a busy environment, or a more laid back one?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

applied online with a personality test, got a call from the store manager about 7 days later, talked with pharmacist and store manager about 3 days, then started a couple of days later after I got an acceptance call. Apparently the interview/hiring process is much longer now. Some people take up to 6 months to get hired now.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about how I would handle scenarios with the public when they are upset... previous experience, my availability (they want open availability and weekends) and the other standard interview questions   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

You go in and they show you around and then describe work descriptions. You go back into the office are asked a couple of questions. They let you know about their requirements and if you meet them.

Interview Questions

• Previous related work experience?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Very easy. Went upstairs and interviewed with the pharmacy manager. She asked me two questions: 1) Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult person. 2) What is your schedule like. I found out that I was hired about 4 days after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CVS Health (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

called me for interview 2 months after applying on line. Interview with store manager was short, mostly telling me about the store and position. She asked me typical interview questions. Then returned the following Monday to interview wit the Pharmacist Supervisor. This interview was brief as well. She said I would definitely hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time of conflict in past jobs and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Sent an offer via email and accepted.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Very informal interview, asked what my plans were in school, after school, and how being a pharmacy tech would help me in my future endeavors. Make sure you help to keep the interview moving along. They like to see individuals that are able to provide satisfaction verbally and friendly, they don't want to see someone who just gets straight to the point with blase answers. They're stuck in a corner of a store and need entertainment!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a situation quickly in order to reach a goal in time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Initial interview was at an off-site job fair. Completed an application and then scheduled an in-person interview to follow up. Received a call immediately to schedule in-person interview. In-person meeting was very informal. Interviewed with 2 supervisors, very basic and relaxed. Received a return call within days offering the position.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Took weeks to hear back on my application. The interview was informal - just me and the pharmacy manager in the store's office and he was very relaxed and asked very basic questions. Was very honest and straight forward, yet still professional. Just talked one on one about me, my application, and the job for about a half hour. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any specific questions - they were all very standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Ankeny, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had practicly forgotten about applying by the time they called me back, almost 6 weeks later. But other than that, it was really easy. After playing phone tag with the pharmacy manager for a while, he offered for me to come in for an interview later that day. Overall a good experience, kind of friendly in nature. Manager said he thought I was a good candidate, left, and got a call an hour and a half later from the manager saying he was extending an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said my preferred range and they picked from that, bottom end unfortunately.