CVS Health

Updated Jan 18, 2015

1.9

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I submitted five applications online and received a call back an hour later to schedule an interview. I was interviewed at a local Starbucks, and was told I would get a call back letting me know whether or not I was hired the next week. It was honestly really simple and quick. My interview lasted about 15 minutes and she jotted down some notes about my availability.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

The hiring process is lengthy. It takes time to get back your background check and your drug test. After completing those steps you are trained for the job in four different sessions over an hour long

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current job? How would you handle the difficult customers when they are really sick and impatient?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The interview process was less than 5 minutes. They basically just want to know about my availability. The Pharmacy manager asked about my education, and work experience, pretty generic and simple.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online but I never received any contact back. After about two weeks I called all the stores I applied to but all but one seemed interested in hiring. I talked with the Pharmacist and she asked for me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview was very basic, questions about when I was available and what the job entails. Over all it was pleasant. They said that they would contact me back after reviewing my application. (they had a difficulty finding my application on the computer) I never received a call back, so I called and they said that they haven't been able to review my application yet, even though the interview was a week ago. They asked to call the next week and I called again and they still couldn't find my application and they said that they sent a request to the company to see what was wrong and they would contact me. I waited and waited and finally I called and they said that they were still waiting to hear back. Ultimately, they never called back and seemed like they were not interested in hiring.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CVS Health.

Pharmacist called my cell phone and asked a few questions. Asked why I wanted to work there and my job history. Asked basic questions like whether or not I am in school. Explained that the job is very fast pace and require a fast learner.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

After applying, it took awhile to hear back. I waited at least a month or two before I finally got called in for an interview. But the interview itself though was fairly painless and overall laidback. The store manager was very nice and asked me basic questions, basically getting to know me as a person, some of my experiences, etc.. Then after the interview,the hiring process occurred straight afterwards and was quick.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Applied online at the company website. Received a call from their main offices in Woonsocket, RI to set up an interview at the pharmacy. Went for the interview and met with the store manager. Very informal and asked simple question like "Why CVS" and "what type of future do you see with this company?" Also asked some scheduling and availability questions but all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with rude customers and people that get upset if their prescriptions are not ready on time? How will you deal with the pressure and the demands of the pharmacy during peek hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

This wasn't a long hiring process, but it was complicated. I applied to about 15 stores and only one store gets your application at a time. I would suggest calling the store you are the most interested in so they can pull your application because it expires in 30 days. I was interviewed at one CVS and found out that they weren't looking to take on any PT. I called the headquarters and they had me interview at another one. However, at the same time, I found out that a friend of mine was leaving her location to work somewhere else. So I interviewed with her location and the one the headquarters assigned me to and I was hired at my friend's location.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically asked general questions. There were situation type questions but nothing out of the ordinary. I would definitely say brush up on the company and see what they are doing because it makes it seem like you care. Also, since CVS is a retail store, make sure that you talk about retail experience and have a friendly demeanor.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiation.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I submitted the application online and contacted the store i was interested in and asked them to look at my application. i heard back from corporate within 2 months and was hired after a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't anything unexpected. they will ask your experience and you will share with them what you want   Answer Question
    i didn't know what i was getting paid until i started

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

You are required to fill out a survey and perform a drug test. The survey was fun for me and it's pretty logical how you should answer some of the questions to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions were the situational questions in the survey, "what would you do if...". Really not 'unexpected' just slightly obscure   Answer Question
    Ask for one dollar over the price they give you and just see if they can be flexible. It's work it not to get stuck working for $9 and hour only raising $0.50 a year.