CVS Health Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jun 17, 2015

1.9

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was in the break room and very short and informal. I never even took my coat off- I came in, shook the manager's hand, and we talked for a bit. Actually, I did most of the talking and the interview only lasted like ten minutes total. There was only really one question that the manager asked, and the rest was chatting/him explaining the training process. He called the next day I think to say I had the job So overall it was really a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to be a pharmacy tech. That was pretty much the only question.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Ambler, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received unsolicited call and email by their recruitment department referring to my resume posted on monster.com. Was instructed to apply on their website. Application, assessment and job tryout took over an hour to complete. Received an email 2 days after to self schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is a pre-screen 15 minute interview conducted by their recruitment department. Received an email 2 days later from the DM to schedule a face to face interview. Interview with DM was held in a regional office that was attached to a CVS store. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Received email 3 days later from DM thanking me for my time but they will be pursuing other options.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

This wasn't a long hiring process, but it was complicated. I applied to about 15 stores and only one store gets your application at a time. I would suggest calling the store you are the most interested in so they can pull your application because it expires in 30 days. I was interviewed at one CVS and found out that they weren't looking to take on any PT. I called the headquarters and they had me interview at another one. However, at the same time, I found out that a friend of mine was leaving her location to work somewhere else. So I interviewed with her location and the one the headquarters assigned me to and I was hired at my friend's location.

Interview Questions

• I was basically asked general questions. There were situation type questions but nothing out of the ordinary. I would definitely say brush up on the company and see what they are doing because it makes it seem like you care. Also, since CVS is a retail store, make sure that you talk about retail experience and have a friendly demeanor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Wilmington, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called back in less than a week asking for an interview. At the interview, I came 15 minutes early and the interviewer came 15 minutes late. He took me into a back room where he asked me simple questions and he was more focused on personality than experience, considering this was my first job (though I had prior retail volunteer work). He did most of the talking, explaining the overview of the job and what I had to do if I was hired. He asked if I had any questions and said he would call me back soon if he thought I was right for the position after interviewing others. I am waiting to hear back from him now. He was extremely nice and valued the fact that I had an A1 personality.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Doylestown, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me, but may be a little longer now due to recent process changes. Applied online (same as everywhere else) to a position that is always advertised as available. The store manager of the store I put in for called and set up an interview. Went in to the interview semi-formal attire (button down short sleeve with tie and nice pants) and sat down with the store manager. Interview was somewhat informal, but covered the basics. The job was described and I was told I would get an email with the decision. About a week later I got the email to go for a UT (drug test). After the testing office screwed up the first test: Thank you Quest Diagnostics (a 1.5 week delay; Tip: do not drink water or anything within 2-3 hours prior to the test so that they don't come back with a "sample too diluted" or "suspicious" result) and I went in for a retest, I got the call about a week later that everything was good and to pick up a binder for the "NCO" (new colleague orientation) class. Went to the NCO (don't be an idiot) class and started training 2 days after. All in all about a month long process.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

This was my first time looking for a job. I applied online and received a general email stating a location and time for an interview. I had an interview with the store manager. He was very friendly, probably a little extra friendly. I was asked basic interview question. But we connected well and it seemed more like a friendly conversation. I was told I had the job and he would send me the link to sign up for orientation. Upon signing up for orientation I saw I would be making $7.44/hr. My orientation was a few days later at a bigger cvs and I was working at the cvs I interviewed at a week later.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would I be.   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Lumberton, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the pharmacist position and then sent a direct e-mail to the Pharmacy Supervisor Interviewed with Pharmacy Supervisor at District Headquarters. She contacted me later on that day, asked if I had my Immunization Certificate, and then scheduled an interview for the next day.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CVS Health (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Asked me like 5 questions. Got the job in 15 minutes

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The hiring manager just said, part-time and minimum wage.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Bensalem, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Working as intern since 5 years and got offered when i was in last year of my school. Hiring process is preety cool.. no complex, but bad thing is that have to start as floater and getting store is hard when DM is not active.

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I kept coming into the store everyday until I met the hiring manager face to face. I introduced myself to him and he was pleased by that and he ask me did I apply online already? I said yes and he said I'll look at your application tonight, next week they called me and ask could I come in for a interview. I was very nervous because this was my first job interview but by the grace of god the interview was easy and very Interesting too and it didn't even take no more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• First and foremost the lady couldn't even find my paperwork so she made up her own questions. She ask me what would I do if a customer said I'll see you when you get off work!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself don't be extra this is not a a job offer from bill gates. This is a simple easy interview that anyone can nail, just follow these three steps. The S.E.E principal that's smile, eye contact and enthusiasm. Also body language is a great thing to use too, body laguage is 70% talking is 30%