CVS Health

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

Received unsolicited call and email by their recruitment department referring to my resume posted on monster.com. Was instructed to apply on their website. Application, assessment and job tryout took over an hour to complete. Received an email 2 days after to self schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is a pre-screen 15 minute interview conducted by their recruitment department. Received an email 2 days later from the DM to schedule a face to face interview. Interview with DM was held in a regional office that was attached to a CVS store. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Received email 3 days later from DM thanking me for my time but they will be pursuing other options.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2014.

This wasn't a long hiring process, but it was complicated. I applied to about 15 stores and only one store gets your application at a time. I would suggest calling the store you are the most interested in so they can pull your application because it expires in 30 days. I was interviewed at one CVS and found out that they weren't looking to take on any PT. I called the headquarters and they had me interview at another one. However, at the same time, I found out that a friend of mine was leaving her location to work somewhere else. So I interviewed with her location and the one the headquarters assigned me to and I was hired at my friend's location.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically asked general questions. There were situation type questions but nothing out of the ordinary. I would definitely say brush up on the company and see what they are doing because it makes it seem like you care. Also, since CVS is a retail store, make sure that you talk about retail experience and have a friendly demeanor.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in March 2014.

I applied for the position online and was called back in less than a week asking for an interview. At the interview, I came 15 minutes early and the interviewer came 15 minutes late. He took me into a back room where he asked me simple questions and he was more focused on personality than experience, considering this was my first job (though I had prior retail volunteer work). He did most of the talking, explaining the overview of the job and what I had to do if I was hired. He asked if I had any questions and said he would call me back soon if he thought I was right for the position after interviewing others. I am waiting to hear back from him now. He was extremely nice and valued the fact that I had an A1 personality.

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2013.

This was my first time looking for a job. I applied online and received a general email stating a location and time for an interview. I had an interview with the store manager. He was very friendly, probably a little extra friendly. I was asked basic interview question. But we connected well and it seemed more like a friendly conversation. I was told I had the job and he would send me the link to sign up for orientation. Upon signing up for orientation I saw I would be making $7.44/hr. My orientation was a few days later at a bigger cvs and I was working at the cvs I interviewed at a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

Asked me like 5 questions. Got the job in 15 minutes

There was no negotiation phase. The hiring manager just said, part-time and minimum wage.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2011.

Working as intern since 5 years and got offered when i was in last year of my school. Hiring process is preety cool.. no complex, but bad thing is that have to start as floater and getting store is hard when DM is not active.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health in August 2010.

Resume submitted to HR. Phone call came back in about a week. An interview with the HR personnel was scheduled for two days later. The interview took place in his office. Run-of-the-mill questions. The rep doing the interview seemed disinterested the entire time. They talked more about CVS than anything else. I received a call back about two days later for an interview with the district manager. The second interview took place in a tiny disheveled conference room. That lasted about 20 - 25 minutes. Questions mostly about where I was coming from and what I liked and disliked about them (I was coming from a competitor), a little about myself and then he asked if I had any questions. I received a call back about 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. It seemed like everyone was going through some predetermined process and did not deviate from the script.   View Answer
    Not much of a negotiation, there was a window between X and Y that they could offer, and coming in as a manager from a direct competitor they gave me Y (the high end).

Photo Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in November 2009.

Pretty straight forward or easy. Asked basic questions and availability.

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2009.

Have to go online and fill out a behavioral questionnaire -- somewhat lengthy. Contacted by phone about the position and had a quick interview with the pharmacist at a local store. They needed an intern so that was all it took to get the position, cannot speak to the actual interview process in-store

Interview Questions
    • Asked what my future pharmacy plans were and when I was graduating   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collingswood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collingswood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2009.

Had a phone interview first, then they asked me to come in for a face to face interview when I was home for the summer. The interview was short, and I think they already wanted to hire me when I walked in the store.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to the team that no one else can?   View Answer
    He just asked me when I could start working.