CVS Health

Updated Oct 29, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in July 2014.

Contacted by a local recruiting agency for a Project Management role. Had several telephone interviews and email exchanges, followed by a face to face interview with two employees of CVS. One of which was disgruntled by the current environment.

Interview Questions
  • More like an unexpected comment. One of the interviewers told me in front of the other gentleman (who was Indian) that I was extremely qualified and she loved my resume and meeting me. She however told me that no matter how perfect I was, that I would not be hired as CVS is in the habit of in-sourcing labor from India and China. Having to interview a local candidate was just part of the process to help write off local employees in favor of insourced labor. In fact, she stated that CVS just opened 1300 roles and filled them with labor imported from India and China. There was not enough room for them and they had to sit in the cafeteria area to work. She told me to look around. She told me, don't even try talking to them. They do not speak any English and it makes it impossible to work with them as a team. I was not upset by this as a former manager of APJ regions for other Fortune 500's, but clearly she was and was rather candid about it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

3 Rounds of interview in total. Round #1 involved HR phone screen to discuss questions such as role responsibilities, reason to apply, not behavioral questions were asked. After HR phone screen was passed, a case study was sent. I had few days to prepare. Round #2 was the face/face interview with hiring manager where I presented my case. Round #3 was the peer interview with the hiring manager's peer. If you get to Round #3, you can be pretty confident that the hiring manager likes you and just need some confirmation from the peer. The whole process from phone screen to job offer took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Case study might scare off few people, but it only sounds worse than it actually is.   Answer Question
    Worked with HR. CVSC outsources some of its recruitment processes to some incompetent agencies, sadly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health in March 2013.

I was called within a week of submitting my resume. I sat down had an interview with two women who were I seemed to hit it off with right away. Within two days I received a call with a job offer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in December 2012.

I was referred to the company by current employee. After my resume was received by HR, I was contacted for a phone screen. It was pretty basic phone screen-questions about my background and the position. A few days later I was asked to come onsite for several face to face interviews. I was had three interviews for 30 minutes each with several managers in the IT department. A week later I was contacted for a follow up interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later, I received an offer for the position. Afterwards, a drug screen and background check. Starting date set 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic-about the job, my background, what methodologies used and such. Not a behavioral interview. Most questions job related. The people were busy and the interviews were short and to the point.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate some. It is good to know the market rate for the position you are being considered for. Also, good to know what your background commands in this market.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

Got a call for HR personnel and had a good discussion about background, goals, salary etc.
    Interview with hiring manager - Unfortunately it was a forgettable experience.
    An indian called after 5 mins of the scheduled time. He looked or acted like busy - asked me to hold on multiple times in the call, cut me half while I was talking or answering his questions... Highly unorganized. He ended the call abruptly in the middle and asked me follow up with HR. I dont know why they interview if they are not interested. It's a waste of time for both. I made up my mind I won't join such a company and just ignored their followup mails.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much to put here - How do you handle slow performance in production etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in January 2009.

Did not clear phone interview.