CVS Health

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tech Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Employee Referral went to HR. In few days, I received an email from a contractor recruiter. She scheduled a call but never called me on the scheduled day. In few days, she wrote back and said she was on a holiday and asked for my availability again. The re-scheduled call was again skipped without any communication from her. Email and call haven't been responded for 2 weeks+ now.

How unprofessional and disgusting their contractor recruiters are and they just ruin the company reputation.

By hiring contractors who are NOT suitable to do their basic job responsibilities (schedule phone interviews, communicating dates/times accurately, respecting candidate's time, and basic business courtesy) is a bad idea for CVS Health.

Bilingual Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

2 interviews and basic interview questions. They base questions on your resume and try to get to know you as a person, not as an employee. They want to make sure that your personality and background is suitable for a call center environment

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, RI

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

HR called me twice asked the same questions, they seem a little unorganized. Had to fill out another form to interview, which I already filled out when applying for the job. In person interview fairly quickly, two weeks after initial call.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions. What are your strengths, favorite courses. Technical ability. Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in July 2014.

Contacted by a local recruiting agency for a Project Management role. Had several telephone interviews and email exchanges, followed by a face to face interview with two employees of CVS. One of which was disgruntled by the current environment.

Interview Questions
    • More like an unexpected comment. One of the interviewers told me in front of the other gentleman (who was Indian) that I was extremely qualified and she loved my resume and meeting me. She however told me that no matter how perfect I was, that I would not be hired as CVS is in the habit of in-sourcing labor from India and China. Having to interview a local candidate was just part of the process to help write off local employees in favor of insourced labor. In fact, she stated that CVS just opened 1300 roles and filled them with labor imported from India and China. There was not enough room for them and they had to sit in the cafeteria area to work. She told me to look around. She told me, don't even try talking to them. They do not speak any English and it makes it impossible to work with them as a team. I was not upset by this as a former manager of APJ regions for other Fortune 500's, but clearly she was and was rather candid about it.   View Answer

Social Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2014.

The recruiter reached out to me through email. We set up a 10 minute phone call a week later. this was pretty much a recap of the questions on the application and reviewing my resume. She sent me the wrong job application and told me it the was wrong job application after I submitted it. After that phone call I was sent the correct job application then forwarded some work samples. 2 weeks later, the recruitment coordinator sent me an email with 2 forms to fill out that were the same questions as the job application. a day later the recruiter sent me the names and locations regarding my face to face interview and told me the recruiter would contact me in "1-2 weeks."

I go to HQ in Woonsocket, RI. I was scheduled to meet with 3 administrators in the department separately for a half hour each. With the first interview we walked through my work samples and talked about how her personality reflected the company culture in this department. the next person I met with had a sinus infection. she looked dazed and continued to apologize for her aliment through out the interview. She told me the last person I was supposed to interview with was called into an "emergency meeting" and was unable to meet. I left a resume packet behind for them too look over when they did return. I asked the interviewer what the time frame for the hiring process was and she told me I would get feedback from the recruiter. Overall I though the face to face interview went well and that my experience was relevant to the position.

A few days after the interview I sent me thank you email to the people I interviewed with. 10 days after the interview I left the recruiter a voice mail wondering if there was any feedback. I also emailed the recruitment coordinator if there was an update on the hiring process. I even sent an email to touch base with the person who I didn't get to meet with because of that "emergency meeting. Today, I received an automated emailed from a CVS donotreply address saying "thank you for your interest but..."

A lot of the reviews on here are right saying they aren't an organized company. The reason this position was open was because they are trying to create internal positions based on what they previously had external agencies deal with.

Interview Questions
    • what social media platform do you like the best?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

Applied on line, had phone and in person interview. Had to pursue recruiter for follow up, asked for feedback when notified job was offered to another candidate. Recruiter never got back to me. Recruitment process impersonal and unprofessional. Uncompetitive salary.

Interview Questions
    • None. Management concerned about adaptation to work environment. Have applied and been interviewed by CVS several times in the past. Managers are given a list of questions to ask candidates, so interview process can seem a bit impersonal.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was contacted by an HR rep who conducted a phone screen. Shocking, I was brought in for a full day interview after just the HR phone screen. Full day consisted of an HR interview, 2 case interviews (although one of them, admittedly, did not really focus on the case), 2 fit interviews with director and a lunch with somebody at my level. All of it pretty much went as would be expected. The strangest part was that there wasn't a room reserved for me, so for two of my interviews we walked down to the cafeteria and sat at tables there.

Interview Questions
    • The case did not focus on healthcare. Given that I was applying for a healthcare position and coming from a healthcare background, I was a little caught of guard to be given a manufacturing-focused case.   View Answer
    Company was open to negotiating salary, but not other benefits

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2014.

Had a telephonic interview and face to face with hiring manager and 5 peers

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2014.

Initially contacted by HR rep for 30 min. screen phone call. Usually, they have established interest from hiring manager on your background if you applied via website. Hiring Manager called the next day for exploratory phone interview. He had a hard stop due to a meeting, but called back to interrogate for an hour. He seemed confused about what kind of skills and experience he needed to hire and was abrupt.

At interview, you can see CVS Caremark has a couple of different cultures (retail v. analytic) going on during transition @ HQ. Hiring Manager had little experience in healthcare, so did not relate to my skill benefits. Manager interrupted a lot, so not a great personal impression. Seemed unable to commit on hiring decisions. CVS is a place where people hire people like themselves; seems like a challenging place to work, with turnover and plenty of artificial stress.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage "up" when delivering bad news?   View Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2014.

Contacted by recruiter. Phone screen interview with recruiter (30 mins), followed by phone interview with hiring manager (30 mins), followed by in-person interview with 5 employees (full-day; 1 hour each).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were either behavioral or about past work experiences. No case interview or analytics questions   Answer Question