CVS Health Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

Went in for a 1:1 with the store manager. Interview lasted about 10 minutes and then she said that she liked my personality so she hired me on the spot.

Negotiation

I was a assistant manager for a million dollar/yr Abercrombie and Fitch store and I had also worked for CVS a couple years prior to that. That gained me an extra 25 cents.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health.

Interview

I applied on-line and received a call 2 days later for an in-house interview the following week. I interviewed with a store manager, which took about 20 minutes. No really hard questions were asked. Most of the questions were about my resume. I've had a lot of experience in retail so the manager asked about my duties at my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral or situational questions, no STAR or PAR answers were required.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting hourly wage was 10 cents above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmont, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Elmont, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back 3 months later asking if i was still interested in a position, interviewed with store manager, took an orientation class, had to bring confirmation of the class to the store manager then worked out a schedule with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CVS caremark   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate "they give you the best offer they can"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floral Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CVS Health (Floral Park, NY).

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview. Went in and questions were asked and date for start was given on the spot. Wasn't expecting something too bad and that's exactly what happened. Just asked simple questions and was given an insight of what the position entailed. Just be yourself and answer the questions honestly; if they're interviewing you, they need you. Also it's based on the hours you are available.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest position you were ever put in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate your hourly rate but make sure you do it as soon as you receive your first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CVS Health (Newark, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The manager called me to schedule an interview unfortunately I was out of town. So I asked to reschedule he said the position may already of been filled. A week later he calls to schedule an interview again. He asked some questions such as why CVS? And I had a car since they do off site training at a different location.

Interview Questions

• He asked questions about my degree which I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Manager interviewed. Asked about my background. Asked what I could do for the company. He told me about work I would be doing. No difficult questions. The total interview took about one hour because he was interested in my background. I was hired on the spot and filled out some forms while I was in office. He asked me to report to work the next Monday and I would receive my schedule for the week. I also need to mention that for the first month I was training and could be dismissed for almost any reason. As long as you follow directions and stay focused on learning as much as you can you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will benefit the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (Bloomington, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview took place in an office above the store with both the manager and the assistant manager of the store. They were both very nice, but were doing other things during the middle of the interview (i.e. answering phone calls). It lasted around twenty minutes. I was the only interviewee, but they informed me that they would be calling people to come in for another interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you've had to overcome in your lifetime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (Iowa City, IA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was directed to complete the application online, which involved creating a resume through the application as well as filling out a long test. I was then called back the next day to set up an interview. The interview took place in a back office, and was rather terse and focused upon my feelings about my past job. I felt very awkward coming out of it.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about your previous jobs? What were your thoughts of them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Dress neat and clean, have a copy of your resume with you and a copy of references also in case they are asked for. You will be asked about what type of position are looking for, make sure you let the interviewer know you are looking for a position with a future and want to grow with the company. Almost all new hires are part time, and hours are flexible, and you will be trained in all departments, be positive about being willing to do that. CVS is a good place to work, but you cannot miss days for no reason or with frequency. You also have to pass a background check. You really need to project that you are a people person as customer service is everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CVS Health (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Got a call went in basically ask if i can start now waited for background then hired

Negotiation

Non negotiable