CVS Health

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

Initial and follow communications were excellent from the recruiting professionals. A series of 5 interviews were held and were some what disjointed by business leaders. Overall fairly positive but got the impression not well prepared or experienced interviewers. Overall process went fairly quickly for a larger company. Culturally it sounded very positive and each person had a bright outlook on the organization

Senior Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Phone interview with HR, on-sight meeting with manager, panel interview with peers. Pretty easy interview just explaining what your back ground is and what you have to offer in the position. Manager explained expectations, but failed to mention no vacation time allowed during the months of "welcome season" Oct-Dec and May-July! Put quite a crimp in my (and everyone's vacation plans)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, looking for people with both PM and PBM experience.   View Answer
    Long and drawn out period between the interview and offer. Over 3 weeks.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2014.

I was approached by a recruiter who had seen my resume of Indeed.com, after which i formally applied and was contacted by another recruiter about a week later to schedule a phone screening. The phone screening was pretty standard just essentially a resume walk through after which the recruiter told me that she was going to set me up with 2 case/behavioral interviews with two different people. There were a couple logistical issues but i was able to be scheduled to interview about a week after the phone screening. These two interviews were fairly challenging each had multiple behavioral questions and 1 business case scenario to dive into. A few days later i received positive feedback from an individual in HR at the location to which i was applying, she said she was going to set me up with a 'final' call with the Director of the team i was applying to be a part of. I had this call about 2 weeks after the case/behavioral interviews and it was a fairly smooth call, just had to talk about why i wanted the position and one behavioral question, I was told i was going to be offered the position at the end of the call and the next day HR called me to formally offer me the job. (All interview over the phone).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a work situation where you had a difficult time dealing with a colleague and how you worked through it   View Answer
    Not much wiggle room here

IT Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in January 2014.

filled out online application. was contacted by HR recruiter on 1/13 and did a quick phone interview. Was asked to come in on 1/29 for an in person. met with 2 people, we had a hard time finding an interview room because the one that was booked apparently another group took, so we went into the DataCenter and they started talking to me and asking interview questions in there. Came back to check up in the room and it was empty so we finished it out there. I answered every question that they asked with more then enough information. Both interviewers agreed I was the best technical resource they have interviewed. Was invited back for a second round lunch with the team. They were 10minutes late even though the restraint was right next door and the recruiter wanted me to dress business casual, but manager said he told them casual. Not one read my resume and wasn't familiar with my info, was a good thing I brought copies again to give to them. Was told they would have an answer for me in a few days. Trying to follow up a few days later, no response. Tried to follow up a few weeks later no response. Every communication with the 2 recruiters (who where contractors) had wrong info, be it dates times, job titles, always had to reconfirm this or that to make sure things were on target.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2013.

I applied for the Account Manager position twice. The first time I had a phone interview and then moved on to the in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager 1:1. I was then called back for a second interview with two other members of the team. It took over a month to receive a denial email from the recruiter. The second time I applied, which was just a month later, I went through the same process. First was the phone interview with the recruiter (the same recruiter from the first time) and then an in-person interview with two of the hiring managers. They informed me there were 7 available positions for a training class that would start in February 2014. About a week after the in-person interview, I received a call from the recruiter asking for my feedback on how I thought it went. She then told me I was one of their top candidates and asked for my patience as it was going to be a long waiting period before they would announce the job offers. Of course I was thrilled after this call and thought I had a good chance. About three weeks later I received a call from the recruiter letting me know they were no longer considering me for the position (it sounded like she was reading from a script). I was caught off guard by the denial so I later sent an email to the recruiter asking her for feedback as to why I was suddenly removed from the candidate pool. I never received any responses from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The first round of interviews were very informal. Mostly asking about my background and questions as to why I would be a good fit for the job. The second time I interviewed with two managers who read directly from a list of interview questions. They were all situational questions - "name a time when..." None of the questions were particularly hard, but they wanted specific examples for each answer.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in June 2013.

Got call from HR and scheduled 3 rounds of interviews with Hiring manager, Architect and Project Manager

Interview Questions
    • The Architect asked about custom error handling   View Answer
    I accepted the first offer as it is the best offer. They offered me 5% as sign on bonus.

Senior Consultant, Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2013.

I was contacted by one of their inhouse recruiters. Communication throughout the process was good. Interview was typical. Once I was contacted the entire process went fairly quickly and smoothly.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations went fairly quickly. Offer came in under desired base salary, but difference was more than made up with benefits and bonuses.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health in March 2013.

I was called next day after applying for this postion. Initial Interview from an outsourced recruiting office, Seven Step. Was asked the same exact questions as the online application, such as highest education level, list of prior positions and what I did there. Also asked if I was within an acceptable distance from the hiring location and my expected salary. This was a pre-interview that would be sent on to hiring manager. Recruiter said I should expect call within in 1-2 weeks for second interview and would hear from him either way.

Interview Questions
    • What salary are you looking for with this position?   View Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health in October 2012.

done by outside recruiters who are not very knowledgeable about the actual job duties

Interview Questions
    • in the interview only the standard questions were asked   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2012.

I waited for about 2 months before I got a call from HR saying that she wanted to set up an interview. She did a phone interview for about 45 min. It was mostly about background, skills, interests, fit, job descriptions, responsibilities associated with the job, and reason for applications etc.