CVS Health Shift Supervisor B Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014

1.9

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

The store manager sits in and does the interview. They ask a lot of basic questions. They mainly want to know if you are available to work whenever they schedule you.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Applied online at a store I had found out was hiring. I got a call a few days later from the store manager.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

It was fast and easy. Everyone was nice and ready to teach me what I needed to know. When I started the other associates were willing to take their time and help train me.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone question was okay and easy to answer.   View Answer
    okay.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I walked in, seemed nice, and was hired. I walked in the manager introduced herself and asked about my previous work experience. She said, "Oh they must have really liked you. I need a copy of your driver's license and S card." And I had the job.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2013.

Applied online, but never got a call back. I ended up becoming friends with a girl who worked there who introduced me to the manager. About a month later he pulled my application an setup an interview the next day. I got another call a few days later saying they would hire me.

Interview Questions
    They consider your passed work experience, and try to give you a little more than what you were previously earning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CVS Health in April 2013.

I submitted my application originally for a cashier position at an older store and within a couple days I received a phone call about an interview. I showed up in semi business attire not really knowing what to expect for my first retail job. Jeff was interviewing me and it probably lasted 15 minutes with just questions about my previous work experience and I expressed how I have always been in a supervisor position at my previous jobs. He mentioned maybe making me a key holder (shift). After I got the job training was pretty unimpressive. You go to a training store for 5 hours and read a manual. Your first shift at your home store is usually a 4 hour register training.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just questions about prior customer service experience.   Answer Question
    I was expecting $9.00/hr for a cashier position. He offered me $8.50 and I accepted that. It wasn't really a negotiation though.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health.

There was no interview nor questions really, just a very open job offer. But i have to put 30 words in here and i am unsure what more i can say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2010.

Filled out forms and a questionnaire (to determine personality type). Store manager then pulled up the job application and questionnaire results. Manager looked mostly for previous retail experience and for any red flags brought up by the questionnaire. If everything looked acceptable, the candidate is sent to another store for training / orientation while drug test results were processed.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest impact this company has had on your life? (besides possible employment)   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in December 2012.

Well, I was initially recruited by a District Manager. I had met him and his wife at a marina restaurant I was working at. They had a boat there at the marina and would come into the restaurant for dinners. After six months of knowing them he then asked me if I wanted to do something different. Given the restaurant was going to be sold shortly I said yes. He then took my information that day and I received a call from the District Manager in the area that I lived in, Since the area he was in was too far for me to drive. She then scheduled an interview with me. My first was with the Store Training manager. It was just a few questions and basically getting to know each other. I was told I basically had the job since I was recruited and they all knew everything they needed to know since I had apparently taken care of most of them at the Marina. Then I had the second interview with the DM who basically just asked to take the drug test and backround check. The whole process took about a month given it was the holidays and some of hr were on vacation. They made me and offer after a month and I took it.

Interview Questions
    • The only question really that they asked me was if I wanted to work in the pharmacy as a technician or as manager.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy for me I got exactly what I wanted especially that they knew my capabilities and that I was worth it.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health in January 2014.

I applied online and did an assessment after filling out the application. A month later, I got a call from the manager on duty wanting to schedule an interview.

On the day/time I went into the interview, the Assistant Manager and Store Manager were both interviewing me. It was very impersonal and casual. The carpet in the back rooms seemed dirty, and everyone had to speak loudly because it was the room with the computers.

The managers said that there was room for promotions and raises in the company just by showing up on time to your shift. You figure that one out.

They said that the wage was $9.50/hr, non negotiable. As for job duties, they stated that as Shift Supervisor those would include the usual you'd expect, but also working some overnight shifts & cleaning the bathrooms. Lastly, they said if I didn't get a call back within the next 8-10 days meant I didn't get the job.

One whole month later (instead of a call like they said), they emailed me an offer for the position. However, in a month's time A LOT of things can change for someone job hunting. I had already found another better job.

The only explanation I can make for their lack of response was that I was the "2nd in line" for the position...and if the one they hired didn't fit the job, they still had me in consideration.

Overall, a pretty unprofessional job interview. But for a store like this, what did you expect?

Interview Questions

The managers at this store assume that applicants are going to be sitting around waiting for an offer from them for over a month. I already found another better job. Also, I declined this job because it doesn't make a liveable wage even with a raise.