CVS Health Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was already hired in as a cashier and I became a shift supervisor about a year later. You just have to complete training in their learning system and display on the job skills to be promoted. You'll be required to take a drug test, background test, and some computer assessments.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. They go on a scale based on what you are hired in at. But some will give out raises in different situations and lie and tell you they are not possible in some other situations.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I had gone in to ask if they were hiring and told them I had previously worked at CVS. They then had me go online and fill out the application. Once I did that I had an interview with the manager in the office for about 20 minutes and he then told me he would let me know when I would have my orientation. I was working within a week and a half. The manager was very professional.

No negotiation

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

After applying, I received a phone call a week later to schedule an interview. The interview to place about three days after the phone correspondence, and it was rather short and to the point. I was asked general interview questions, nailed them and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was: If I could be a superhero, what would I be and why?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

Apply online and get a call from a hiring manager. Go in for an interview and if they want you, you will get a call back from the hiring manager. From there you will have to go to a new employee orientation and then additional training depending on your position in the store.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided customer service.   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

Easy interview. Assistant Manager hired me to be Shift Supervisor, but was transferred 2 days later and I was not trained for the promised job, but am happy cashiering for now.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in October 2013.

I applied through the company website. I was contacted a few nights later and called in for a face-to-face interview.The interview itself was very easy, the manager did most of the talking, we did a role play scenario but there were not any 'interview' questions. The manager told me that he would give me an answer within 2 days, after one week and no response I contacted him he told me that I got the job. I received a written offer and I was sent out for drug testing. After that, I was unable to contact the store manager. Two weeks passed and no word, I missed out on another job opportunity because I was told that I had this full-time position. Three weeks later and I have decided to move on and seek employment elsewhere. The way the store manager handled this situation has been truly unprofessional. After reading the reviews out there, I think I may have dodged a bullet.

No negotiation, The manager told me a number and he said that it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was literally called in, sat down, and handed the job.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Took about a month or so. You will need to do the drug test and wait to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about time management   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was hired in at a cashier but after receiving promotions between the photo lab and beauty advisor I was interviewed again to get the supervisor position. I had to interview with the store manager and the district manager. It is professional and they ask you situational questions to see if you are ready for that position. I don't think I ever saw someone get this position that wasn't already working for the company. They are very strong on promoting within.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember anything exactly, but they were all situational questions to see what I would do in a certain situation to tell if I was ready.   Answer Question
    They have very set pay scales but you can still talk to the district manager if you are not satisfied and they will try to come to an understanding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East York, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in December 2012.

I applied for the job and received a very rude phone call about a month later. The only question I was asked was my salary requirements, so I told the man my yearly requirement. "No. Just give me the minimum you could take an hour." Despite the fact that basic division skills could have answered his question, I politely answered, "At minimum, 9.25." He then hung up. Minimum wage in this state is 7.25. I guess 9.25 for an experienced supervisor is just too ridiculous for them to even respond or attempt a negotiation. It appears they were looking to fill a job spot as a requirement, but not by finding a quality employee.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was when he could not use basic math how to figure out how to turn a yearly salary to what I'd like an hour.   Answer Question