CVS Health Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.3

Graduate Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online via the CVS website for the Cape Cod district pharmacies. I received a voicemail and email from a district coordinator who put me in touch with the Cape Cod district pharmacy manager. I found a common time when we were able to complete the interview (by phone), and at the specified time he called me and conducted the interview. It was a seamless process, and I heard back within the time-frame that he gave upon the interview closing.

Interview Questions

• Hardest interview question: You recognize as the pharmacy manager that your script numbers are lower than usual. What do you do about this?   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CVS Health (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and received a call a little over a week. He asked my availability and my age and I was asked to come in the next day for an interview. I came about 10- 15 earlier than I was scheduled and I had to wait in the pharmacy area for a little while. He then came out and greet me and I greeted him back and we shook hands. The store manage was super nice and asked other personal questions trying to make me feel comfortable then lead me to the back in this room and proceeded with the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate being that I didn't have experience

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

the interviewer was very informal. he did this so that I would be less nervous. he tried to create a friendly environment for me. he described the nature of my job. I

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health (Rockville, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. This was a part time position and the Pharmacy manger literally begged me to come for the interview and she will "try to get me as many hours as she can" since i was looking for a full time position. the interview itself was also simple and short; problem solving senarios and why you choose this company. The a few days later i called a call saying they have chosen me and would email forms to complete and then schedule on-boarding class. The bad thing is that, they were hiring me (a CPhT as a pharmacy tech trainee and starting pay is 10.00 then after the onboarding was over, i would get an increase in pay. I needed a job (i was so bored and broke at home during the summer break with no money and no way to have quality fun) so i accepted the position. Let's see how it goes!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Rockville, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The process seem to be very lengthy and with no structure. if you don't follow up they will lose your application and never contact you, but will continue to advertise for open positions with no clear time frame while you wait.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Inquired about the job in person. The most basic interview I ever had. Just be upbeat and cheerful, you'll get the job. Make sure you have a copy of your availability. Emphasize your customer service skills and roles you played in your previous positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating.

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

really personal questions, felt really uncomfortable, interviewer not experienced with interviews. The questions were really easy to answer though. It was in his cramped office. After the interview, i got an offer and had to go to the training session which felt more comfortable because it was with a trained HR rep.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CVS Health (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Great communication and follow up as I went through the hiring process. The interviews that I had were well structured and helped me understand the opportunity and share my background.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions. All questions were asked about my background, and how I responded to situations and accomplished goals. Be prepared to tell concise stories of your accomplishments and your greatest challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations included an unwritten agreement to evaluate after 6 months that was not honored. In fact, the agreement was dishonored when I was promoted into the agreed to role after completion of 4 month onboarding training. Very disappointing and lack of integrity caused me to begin search immediately and I now am happy working with a direct competitor.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

To get a job at CVS you have to apply online but I went to the store and spoke to the pharmacy manager in person and he instructed me to apply online. The interview took place in a small office in CVS; it wasn't very impressive but it got the job done. They mainly want to hear that you work well with others.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find anything very difficult, they just want to know you you're hard working and work well with others. He asked me about sports and other activities where I had to work with cooperatively with others.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in California, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (California, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by a pharmacy manager for the district. The focus was on community projects and compliance (insurance and legal). The CVS workflow seemed very important.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a difference in your community?   1 Answer

I was working at another company with better pay, hours and work environment.