Cabela's

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – typical corporate interview process. nothing was out of the ordinary, but you never have a chance to shine, as it is all about how you look on paper to HR. I had a phone interview, personal interview with the store manager, and another phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary, several specific questions about marketing history.   Answer Question

Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – Cabela's will call you up and do a pre-screening over the phone, and then they will pull you in for an interview. After the interview if the Manager really thinks you'll do well in the position... they will do a drug screening there on the spot with a mouth swab - if you are a wait and see, then you may not get a drug test on the spot & then you'll get called in for a drug test if you are the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• • What is your definition of Superior Customer Service?   Answer Question
  • • Cabela’s owns its own bank and credit card the Cabela's Club Visa Card. A requirement of the job is to offer every customer that comes though the door an opportunity to sign up for this card. Are you willing to offer customers the Cabela’s Club Visa?   Answer Question
  • • Describe a time when you participated as part of a successful team. What was your role on the team?   Answer Question
  • • Explain a time when you were in a situation when the customer was upset. What did you do? How did you handle that customer?   Answer Question
  • • Tell me about a time when you delivered on commitments or service that met or exceed customer expectations. Be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly wage was clearly stated in the interview.

Retail Outfitter Interview

Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews held at the local Holiday Inn. You were sent an email confirming your interview and time once you completed the on-line application. Upon arrival you filled out job application paperwork and background info. Taken into a conference room sat down with a company rep and asked basic questions. Why Cabela's? Outdoor experience? Customer service disputes. Approx 20 people in the room doing the same thing at the same time. Told I would hear something in 4 weeks and walked to the lobby.

Interview Question – Tell me about a your most difficult customer service dispute and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews as well as personal interview with Store Manager prior to job offer. Interviews were all professional and fairly detailed. There was consistent email communication throughout the interview and hiring process. The interview process overall spanned well over a month. Drug screen and background check were required prior to employment.

Interview Question – Typical retail interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier
Rogers, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, stupid questions, the worse your grammar... the better chance you have at this job

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hey, we'll pay you ten dollars an hour.

Clothing Outfitter Interview

Interviewed at Cabela's

Interview Details – Simple interview, friendly staff. Interview proccess was long, but worth it. A very rewarding retail position

Interview Question – Situational Questions   Answer Question

Dundee, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial application process is that one has to apply via online, however if you are called in for an interview you then must fill out a paper application in store. You are generally interviewed by the manager of the department that you are applying for, for instance I was interviewed by the Front End Manager. If you pass the interview process you go directly up to HR and have to submit information for a background check and perform a drug test. After that you can wait up to 2 weeks to get a call back if you are hired or not.

Interview Question – That I can recall there where no difficult or unexpected questions, just simply the questions one would expect when interviewing for a cashier position.   Answer Question

Outfitter Interview

Outfitter
South Charleston, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Cabela's in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied during the holiday season, so it took a little while for the company to respond. My interview went well, but I had to keep calling to try to get things finished. They let me know I needed a drug test and background check, and I immediately hurried to get those completed. Then after learning I passed them, it took about 3 or 4 weeks to find out I was going to be hired for sure. The interview was very laid back, but professional at the same time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where a customer was angry with you and the steps you took to solve it...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation and I still have no idea how much I'm getting paid

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Boiler plate questions from sheet

Interview Question – standard retail questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none take it or leave it

Replenishment Driver Interview

Prairie du Chien, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cabela's in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was very simple. They ask a few basic questions about your work history and probe into your competence and concern about the importance of safety in a work environment

Interview Question – "Describe a time in your life were you made your workplace safer."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase. The compensation for the position was listed in the paper before applying.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cabela's

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cabela's interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cabela's employees and interview candidates.