Cabela's

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. The first contact from the employer was several weeks later. The interview was mostly "tell me about a time when...." The company really values people who enjoy the activities that are similar to their demographics. Be prepared to talk about your love of hunting and camping.

Interview Question – The questions were all tell me about a time...so some can be tricky as you run through events trying to think of one that matches the question.   Answer Question

Outfitter Interview

Outfitter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed during a mass hire for a new store. I was interviewed by 2 managers; one that would become my Manager and one from a different store. Both were very engaging and definitely excited to be opening a new concept store. At the end of my interview both managers looked at each other and shook their heads in agreement, I then moved into another room for a drug test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Cabela's?   Answer Question

Outfitter Interview

Outfitter

I applied online and interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – I applied online and was granted an interview for a new store. Most of the people interviewing were avid outdoorsmen. The interview was a list of questions and the interviewer wrote down my answers. I hadn't had a job before in customer service so I was at a large disadvantage answering their questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Systems Engineer IV
Sidney, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2010.

Interview Details – Resume submission, followed by a three-tiered interview process (2 phone interviews, and an on-site interview.) The first phone call is a screening, mostly pertaining to the basics: work history, and a bit of life-style (in order to judge compatibility with the culture) while the second phone call was a very technical interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The on-site interview is in-depth, meeting the team you will be working with, the manager, and the management-chain, all the way up to Sr. Director. There is a significant emphasis placed upon fitting in with the culture as well as the company values.

Interview Question – Do you believe you can handle living in Sidney, NE (a town of approximately 6,000 residents, in the Southwest part of NE, about 2 hrs from most large cities.); the basis of which is numerous candidates/employees that have accepted positions, only to bail within 2 years due to the lack of large-city amenities.   View Answer

Events Marketing Manager Interview

Events Marketing Manager
Tualatin, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – After applying it took roughly a week before I was contacted by an HR manager to schedule an on-site interview. After the first interview I never heard back from anyone. I followed up with the person I had interview with, and they said someone would get back to me soon either way. Almost two weeks after that I received an auto-generated email saying the position which I had applied for had been filled.

Interview Question – They ask standard questions such as why do you want to work for Cabela's, how did you handle a (fill in the blank) situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – typical corporate interview process. nothing was out of the ordinary, but you never have a chance to shine, as it is all about how you look on paper to HR. I had a phone interview, personal interview with the store manager, and another phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary, several specific questions about marketing history.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – Cabela's will call you up and do a pre-screening over the phone, and then they will pull you in for an interview. After the interview if the Manager really thinks you'll do well in the position... they will do a drug screening there on the spot with a mouth swab - if you are a wait and see, then you may not get a drug test on the spot & then you'll get called in for a drug test if you are the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• • What is your definition of Superior Customer Service?   Answer Question
  • • Cabela’s owns its own bank and credit card the Cabela's Club Visa Card. A requirement of the job is to offer every customer that comes though the door an opportunity to sign up for this card. Are you willing to offer customers the Cabela’s Club Visa?   Answer Question
  • • Describe a time when you participated as part of a successful team. What was your role on the team?   Answer Question
  • • Explain a time when you were in a situation when the customer was upset. What did you do? How did you handle that customer?   Answer Question
  • • Tell me about a time when you delivered on commitments or service that met or exceed customer expectations. Be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly wage was clearly stated in the interview.

Retail Outfitter Interview

Retail Outfitter
Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews held at the local Holiday Inn. You were sent an email confirming your interview and time once you completed the on-line application. Upon arrival you filled out job application paperwork and background info. Taken into a conference room sat down with a company rep and asked basic questions. Why Cabela's? Outdoor experience? Customer service disputes. Approx 20 people in the room doing the same thing at the same time. Told I would hear something in 4 weeks and walked to the lobby.

Interview Question – Tell me about a your most difficult customer service dispute and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Asset Protection Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews as well as personal interview with Store Manager prior to job offer. Interviews were all professional and fairly detailed. There was consistent email communication throughout the interview and hiring process. The interview process overall spanned well over a month. Drug screen and background check were required prior to employment.

Interview Question – Typical retail interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Rogers, AR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, stupid questions, the worse your grammar... the better chance you have at this job

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hey, we'll pay you ten dollars an hour.

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!