Cabela's

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.5

Retail Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's.

Multiple interviews. First was in person and the last two were phone. They were very organized. They have a set list of questions, some of which were difficult to answer. Mainly work related questions of past experiences. Answers to my questions varied between interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a frustrated employee. How did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Too demanding time schedule. Required to work 40-60 hours weeks, holidays and weekends.

Retail Outfitter Interview

New store opening, HR specialist handed out a stack of paperwork to fill out, waited for GM to finish other interviews, it was one-on-one. I was asked questions like how did you handle a situation where someone didn't particularly like you or the other way around, how did you handle a customer service situation in a logical manner and what is your experience with the outdoors. It was about a 10 min interview once I got with the GM. If its a new store opening and you really want the job I suggest asking for a number to follow up with in case you don't hear back, you won't have any other way of following up and all they can say is no.

I was hired on spot, then got called later that week and was offered another position in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to handle an employee who didn't like you or the other way around.   Answer Question

Gifts Outfitter Interview

I filled out an online application and received a call within 10 working days. It was a pleasure to be interviewed by my future manager and get a idea of what my job might entail. I was told I'd be trained for three other positions, and they followed through with that. Upon employment, I competed a week of paid training. That boosted my knowledge confidence, and helped make a smooth transition.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to make a decision without a manager?   View Answer
    They were accommodating and allowed me to state what days I could and couldn't work as a part time employee

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in December 2014.

Sat with two individuals for my first interview - standard questions about background, about work history and they thought I was above target to speak with the Regional District Manager. We talked for a few minutes to recap and ask further questions. All ended up going very well and accepted the job offer about a moth later (was over Christmas).

IT Compliance Auditor and Process Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's.

Very comprehensive with a 1:1 as well as a panel since my background is so diversified they wanted to present the numerous jobs they thought I would be good in and then they allowed me to decide on my best course of action I wished to persue

Backend Outfitters Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's.

Filled out an application online for a seasonal position and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview. Interview was done on a Saturday and was brief. Benefits and pay were discussed with a promise that I would be contacted the next day when hiring decisions were made. Although the meeting went well, I was never contacted.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions, other than the interviewer thinking I didn't know the brand.   Answer Question

NICS Compliance Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Cabela's.

I submitted online for interest as a NICS Compliance Outfitter, it took approximately 2-3 weeks to receive contact from Cabela's. I conducted the interview and presented all required documentation. Once I completed the required background and drug testing, they said they would be in contact right away. I am still awaiting contact, and attempts at contact have gone unanswered. I know my background is clean with no issues, as I just separated from military service and had a Secret clearance.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cabela's in August 2014.

It was a cattle call for themost part. Tons of people. Had to answer the same questions that everyone else on here has listed before. Read those and have a answer. Was offered a job by phone a week later. However, i asked a question to which couldnt be answered right then. They said they would get back to me. Never called me back. I called and called, left voice mail, called corp HR... spoke to someone and never got a call back. So if you dont take the first offer and say yes... then your not going to get a second chance. :(

Read my other comments... i didnt get the job. I never got a second call back. An they offer one price...9.50 a hour... take it or leave it... period.

Casual Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cabela's in August 2014.

What would you do questions. Questions about brand. Very easy. Basic customer service questions. Nothing out of the ordinary for a retail job. Just answer how you would handle the situation honestly. Customer service isn't for everybody

None

Outfitter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cabela's.

I applied online and was granted an interview for a new store. Most of the people interviewing were avid outdoorsmen. The interview was a list of questions and the interviewer wrote down my answers. I hadn't had a job before in customer service so I was at a large disadvantage answering their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question