Cabela's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 5 interviews all on separate days. First is just a HR phone screen interview and the rest are panel in person interview. They took exactly 2 weeks to get back me for each step. 2 weeks to the day & hour. The whole process took just over 2 months. Of course they want you to come in immediately after they call. Irritated because they ended up hiring an inside person even though they made me jump through hoops and end up not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty laid back. Just wants to get to know you personally & how your experience fits into position.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Interview process started with an on-line application. After a few weeks I was called for an interview. It was a typical "cattle call" where a number of candidates were pooled together and called in by name. Interviewers were brought in from out of town to a central location. Interview was a panel interview with everyone pitching a formatted question. Given a chance to talk about myself and my views. Thanked w/o any indication of what was going to happen. Called the next day and asked to come back for second interview the following day. Did not hear anything for about a week, then called and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions specifics wanted i.e.: what you did when you had to change direction mid-stream; how to deal with unreasonable customer, what decision would you change if you could do it again, etc.   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Applied online, answered brief questionnaire over email that seemed to be more involved with relocation to Sidney, NE than experience. I was later asked to give samples of written work and take a timed (four hours) proofing test.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cabela's (Glendale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about a week. Applied online, got a call, was asked to come in for an interview. The managers were really laid back; made the process so easy. The interview was just like any other interview, standard and straight forward. She asked me general interview questions. After we were done she stepped outside to talk to another manager, she then came back in and offered me the job. I then had to do a drug test. Overall really easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer while being angry or frustrated.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to bend the rules to help a customer, without the manager knowing about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Developer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Developer II position back in June of 2015 and did not hear anything for a phone interview until early July 2015. After my phone interview, it took nearly two weeks for them to have an answer on the status of my application.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (Huntsville, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Mass hiring event. Arrived early to file paper work. Interview was short but thorough. Everyone friendly and helpful. Interviewer was very new to the company. Store manager came into the interview half was through to listen in and make notes.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good customer service associate. Describe a time where you provided stellar customer service   Answer Question

Receiving Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tooele, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Tooele, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

interviewed by two people whom seemed to be more interested in filling out paperwork than getting to know the person being interviewed. They spent the majority of the meeting with their heads down making notes. Did not feel like they were really interested in getting to know you as a person, just your experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the toughest decision that you have made in the past 6 months   Answer Question
    • Name an experience when you had to sacrifice production for safety   Answer Question

Full Time Employment Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabela's (West Chester, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Short and easy questions. Pretty typical questions like "why cabelas?" The guy conducting the interview was very nice and seemed to be knowledgable of the company and the process. It seemed they already had most of the positions filled before k got there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cabela's (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The application and Interview process was very easy and simple. I felt very at home the whole time during the interview. The interviewer was very polite and considerate as well as interested in my life outside of work. It felt more of talking to a friend more than an awkward uptight interview. This made it easier to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe a time when you were frustrated or angry and had to maintain upmost respect and professionalism while at work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by an out of district manager and for a screening and then about a week after the deadline they called to set up an interview. They gave me the GM and at Area HR persons cell phone number in case I needed them. The interview itself took place in the lobby of a hotel, they invited me to sit down and read the dress code and then asked multiple questions. After the interview I was told I would receive an answer in a week. after two weeks I called the Area HR persons cell phone and left a message asking my status, and I received an automated email stating they went with someone else about 2-3 hours later.