Cabela's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.5

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Straight forward interview process first was a phone interview with direct supervisor. Then another phone interview with the next level up supervisor. A few days later I came in for a face to face with the direct supervisor the interview took about 45 minutes and included a tour of the store. Pretty standard questions based mostly on experience pretty relaxed experience.

Retail Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Multiple interviews. First was in person and the last two were phone. They were very organized. They have a set list of questions, some of which were difficult to answer. Mainly work related questions of past experiences. Answers to my questions varied between interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a frustrated employee. How did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Too demanding time schedule. Required to work 40-60 hours weeks, holidays and weekends.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cabela's (Westborough, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass hiring for new store opening in Berlin, MA. I went to a hotel for the interview. When I arrived they had me go in a conference room and fill out paperwork agreeing to drug test, background check, etc. They only asked me one question, "Tell me about yourself", and offered me the job. I got the feeling they were just looking for warm bodies. Skills, background, interests, etc didn't seem to matter. Interviewer wasn't able to answer any of my questions. She told me everyone on the management team was new. The store manager had only been with the company for one year.

Retail Outfitter Interview

Interview

New store opening, HR specialist handed out a stack of paperwork to fill out, waited for GM to finish other interviews, it was one-on-one. I was asked questions like how did you handle a situation where someone didn't particularly like you or the other way around, how did you handle a customer service situation in a logical manner and what is your experience with the outdoors. It was about a 10 min interview once I got with the GM. If its a new store opening and you really want the job I suggest asking for a number to follow up with in case you don't hear back, you won't have any other way of following up and all they can say is no.

I was hired on spot, then got called later that week and was offered another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an employee who didn't like you or the other way around.   Answer Question

Gifts Outfitter Interview

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a call within 10 working days. It was a pleasure to be interviewed by my future manager and get a idea of what my job might entail. I was told I'd be trained for three other positions, and they followed through with that. Upon employment, I competed a week of paid training. That boosted my knowledge confidence, and helped make a smooth transition.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a decision without a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were accommodating and allowed me to state what days I could and couldn't work as a part time employee

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Sat with two individuals for my first interview - standard questions about background, about work history and they thought I was above target to speak with the Regional District Manager. We talked for a few minutes to recap and ask further questions. All ended up going very well and accepted the job offer about a moth later (was over Christmas).

IT Compliance Auditor and Process Improvement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's (Sidney, NE).

Interview

Very comprehensive with a 1:1 as well as a panel since my background is so diversified they wanted to present the numerous jobs they thought I would be good in and then they allowed me to decide on my best course of action I wished to persue

Backend Outfitters Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Filled out an application online for a seasonal position and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview. Interview was done on a Saturday and was brief. Benefits and pay were discussed with a promise that I would be contacted the next day when hiring decisions were made. Although the meeting went well, I was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions, other than the interviewer thinking I didn't know the brand.   Answer Question

Clothing Outfitter Interview

Application

interviewed at Cabela's (Lone Tree, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line and a few days later I was scheduled for an interview. My interview was a one on one interview with a member of the management team.

NICS Compliance Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cabela's (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I submitted online for interest as a NICS Compliance Outfitter, it took approximately 2-3 weeks to receive contact from Cabela's. I conducted the interview and presented all required documentation. Once I completed the required background and drug testing, they said they would be in contact right away. I am still awaiting contact, and attempts at contact have gone unanswered. I know my background is clean with no issues, as I just separated from military service and had a Secret clearance.