Cabela's

2.6

ATF Compliance Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cabela's.

Receive a phone call from HR with preliminary questions. If you pass that test, than you are approved for on-site interview. In interview it is 10 questions that they must ask. They will ask favorite experience with a customer, least favorite experience, best memory of cabela's, one moment of bad customer service, one moment of great customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a situation that was very difficult or angered you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. if you wanted the job you had to take it on their pay and their hours. non flexible on hours for the most part.

Data Engineer Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

I received an email requesting a phone interview with HR. The interview was setup for the following day. They asked me very basic questions: What do I do right now? What I'm looking for? How much I make? What my current bonus is? Am I willing to travel?

I would advice others to make sure they are in a quiet room with a good phone connection. The interviewer was talking on speaker, making it very hard for me to hear her. I had to ask her several times to repeat herself.

I ended the interview after finding out that their office was too far from my home. Nonetheless, it was a nice chat. The HR lady was very friendly.

Outpost Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

I waited over one hour before I was taken back for my interview, but the actual interview process was relatively standard. Questions were direct and industry related, however there were several questions asked at the end of the interview that were presented to me as "silly questions human resources require we ask". They were the type of nonsense HR policy questions about how you emotionally react to situations, diversity, stress etc. My interviewer asked my age, and whether I had children at the end of our interview which led me to believe she liked me, however I was not asked to return for the second round of interviews. It upsets me now that I answered these interview inappropriate questions under the apparently false pretense that it was just a matter of getting to know me better because I would be offered a position. After receiving an official rejection, I contacted my interviewer for a follow up kindly requesting feedback for future interviews and to thank her. I have yet to receive a response nearly three weeks later. Overall a very disappointing interview process.

Sales Outfitter Interview

Had to be persistent in getting the second call back. Once they reached back, interview was quick ... they did the drug test onsite.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

One interview, stupid questions, the worse your grammar... the better chance you have at this job

Interview Questions
    Hey, we'll pay you ten dollars an hour.

NICS Lead Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in May 2013.

First, apply for the position online. Then, chase down a manager to give you an interview. This can be difficult as they have other priorities. Chase down another manager for a second interview. Not get hired because the interview process was just a formality, as they already knew who they wanted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities about yourself do you feel need the most work?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's in April 2013.

The interview process as Cabela's is very standard relative other companies in the industry. I have found the people to be very personable and transparent through the process. The experience was very positive overall.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's in February 2013.

Initial Phone Interview - Round table including 3 people. In Person Interview with direct supervisor in Pittsburgh. Final Interview took place at a store via webcam.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you had to make as a Leader?   Answer Question
    Minimal - Received what I asked for.

Senior Level Manager - Retail Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cabela's.

During my time there, there weren't strict interview guidelines. The interview process was handled differently by each mgr. The general feeling I got from the various managers was basically to have a conversation with the applicant. While experience is always important, you can teach people how to do many things. What you can not teach are the key things we looked for. The key things we always looked for were self motivation, drive, ambition, willingness to make a decission.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call all the past people you worked under and the past people that worked under you, what would the the 3 most consistantly negative things they would say about you.   Answer Question
    Each retail location handle their own budget so each general manager will handle this differently.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's.

Applied online and received an email shortly after. After over a week of repeated attempts to re-contact the recruiter a screen call date was set. On the screen call Cabela's was so unprepared it was rather odd. He didn't have my resume ready, also couldn't find it and had to resend mid call. Wild parts: didn't know my name, and 15 minutes in and I was still yet to be asked a single question. I had to carry the call and try to explain why I applied/good fit. Natural things to talk about but for me to lead it was just weird.

After that I got a call for a call with the hiring manager. The call went OK but I could hear the manager in the background fumbling with things. He sounded really disinterested to start and that was really offputting. Trying to get it back on course I spent about 30 minutes finding out more information about where things were headed. Probably a waste of time for both parties. It wasn't the worst but also not the best.