Cabela's

2.5

Replenishment Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie du Chien, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie du Chien, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cabela's in September 2013.

It was very simple. They ask a few basic questions about your work history and probe into your competence and concern about the importance of safety in a work environment

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time in your life were you made your workplace safer."   View Answer
    There was not a negotiation phase. The compensation for the position was listed in the paper before applying.

Administrative Manager for IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cabela's.

Went great

They had a set wage for starting, no negotiating.

Assortment and Item Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's.

All positions at Cabela's are hired through web site application process. Once you get an interview (could take several weeks) you will sit down with at least two employees. If there are multiple similar positions it is possible that you will have to go through a panel interview. Questions are run of the mill strength/weakness, describe a time when you.... After the inter view expect another couple of weeks to elapse before hearing anything.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to face adversity. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

ATF Compliance Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cabela's.

Receive a phone call from HR with preliminary questions. If you pass that test, than you are approved for on-site interview. In interview it is 10 questions that they must ask. They will ask favorite experience with a customer, least favorite experience, best memory of cabela's, one moment of bad customer service, one moment of great customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you dealt with a situation that was very difficult or angered you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation. if you wanted the job you had to take it on their pay and their hours. non flexible on hours for the most part.

Data Engineer Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

I received an email requesting a phone interview with HR. The interview was setup for the following day. They asked me very basic questions: What do I do right now? What I'm looking for? How much I make? What my current bonus is? Am I willing to travel?

I would advice others to make sure they are in a quiet room with a good phone connection. The interviewer was talking on speaker, making it very hard for me to hear her. I had to ask her several times to repeat herself.

I ended the interview after finding out that their office was too far from my home. Nonetheless, it was a nice chat. The HR lady was very friendly.

Outpost Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

I waited over one hour before I was taken back for my interview, but the actual interview process was relatively standard. Questions were direct and industry related, however there were several questions asked at the end of the interview that were presented to me as "silly questions human resources require we ask". They were the type of nonsense HR policy questions about how you emotionally react to situations, diversity, stress etc. My interviewer asked my age, and whether I had children at the end of our interview which led me to believe she liked me, however I was not asked to return for the second round of interviews. It upsets me now that I answered these interview inappropriate questions under the apparently false pretense that it was just a matter of getting to know me better because I would be offered a position. After receiving an official rejection, I contacted my interviewer for a follow up kindly requesting feedback for future interviews and to thank her. I have yet to receive a response nearly three weeks later. Overall a very disappointing interview process.

Sales Outfitter Interview

Had to be persistent in getting the second call back. Once they reached back, interview was quick ... they did the drug test onsite.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in June 2013.

One interview, stupid questions, the worse your grammar... the better chance you have at this job

Interview Questions
    Hey, we'll pay you ten dollars an hour.

NICS Lead Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cabela's in May 2013.

First, apply for the position online. Then, chase down a manager to give you an interview. This can be difficult as they have other priorities. Chase down another manager for a second interview. Not get hired because the interview process was just a formality, as they already knew who they wanted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities about yourself do you feel need the most work?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cabela's in April 2013.

The interview process as Cabela's is very standard relative other companies in the industry. I have found the people to be very personable and transparent through the process. The experience was very positive overall.