Cabela's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Lincoln, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Corporate Recruiter as a first round. The recruiter reached out to me via email and arranged for the phone interview. The interview was very relaxed and friendly. The recruiter indicated that they would be in touch the following week. However, after trying to follow up with the recruiter that next week and receiving no response, I received an email the next week indicating that they were pursuing other candidates that more closely matched their needs.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that the interviewer asked was about my salary requirements.   1 Answer

Retail Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's.

Interview

Multiple interviews. First was in person and the last two were phone. They were very organized. They have a set list of questions, some of which were difficult to answer. Mainly work related questions of past experiences. Answers to my questions varied between interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a frustrated employee. How did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Too demanding time schedule. Required to work 40-60 hours weeks, holidays and weekends.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cabela's (Westborough, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass hiring for new store opening in Berlin, MA. I went to a hotel for the interview. When I arrived they had me go in a conference room and fill out paperwork agreeing to drug test, background check, etc. They only asked me one question, "Tell me about yourself", and offered me the job. I got the feeling they were just looking for warm bodies. Skills, background, interests, etc didn't seem to matter. Interviewer wasn't able to answer any of my questions. She told me everyone on the management team was new. The store manager had only been with the company for one year.

Retail Product Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Reno, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

I was a current employee and I applied online for a new position. The interview took place about 1 week after I applied and it was a very casual interview with the Senior Manager. It was one on one with in her office and the atmosphere was very laid-back. I felt very comfortable and answered the questions honestly.

Interview Questions

• Q: Pick one item in the store and sell it to me.   1 Answer

Retail Outfitter Interview

Interview

New store opening, HR specialist handed out a stack of paperwork to fill out, waited for GM to finish other interviews, it was one-on-one. I was asked questions like how did you handle a situation where someone didn't particularly like you or the other way around, how did you handle a customer service situation in a logical manner and what is your experience with the outdoors. It was about a 10 min interview once I got with the GM. If its a new store opening and you really want the job I suggest asking for a number to follow up with in case you don't hear back, you won't have any other way of following up and all they can say is no. I was hired on spot, then got called later that week and was offered another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an employee who didn't like you or the other way around.   Answer Question

Gifts Outfitter Interview

Interview

I filled out an online application and received a call within 10 working days. It was a pleasure to be interviewed by my future manager and get a idea of what my job might entail. I was told I'd be trained for three other positions, and they followed through with that. Upon employment, I competed a week of paid training. That boosted my knowledge confidence, and helped make a smooth transition.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a decision without a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were accommodating and allowed me to state what days I could and couldn't work as a part time employee

Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

mass hiring/interview event at a hilton garden inn close to where the new store was opening up. gave us paperwork to fill out and then called us one by one to meet with who became the managers and interview with them. process became call backs from there followed by drug test and offers

Footwear Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers who asked me basic questions. The whole time felt a little awkward as they talked about pushing the Cabela Club Visa and providing legendary customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cabela's (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Sat with two individuals for my first interview - standard questions about background, about work history and they thought I was above target to speak with the Regional District Manager. We talked for a few minutes to recap and ask further questions. All ended up going very well and accepted the job offer about a moth later (was over Christmas).

Retail Outfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cabela's (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I went to a mass hiring event for an opening store. The interviewing teams did the best they could handling 300+ interviews. This happened in a hotel conference room with a LOT of people. Overall I was in and out quickly due to their being scheduled interviewing slots and everything was moving on time for the most part. The reason my hiring process took so long is because when I submitted my online application, the interviews where not scheduled until a solid month later. After the interview they got back with me a week later, then my starting date was another month after that. That doesn't generally happen; that was only because it was a mass hiring event for a new store.