Cabela's Outfitter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outfitter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in July 2012.

I was interviewed during a mass hire for a new store. I was interviewed by 2 managers; one that would become my Manager and one from a different store. Both were very engaging and definitely excited to be opening a new concept store. At the end of my interview both managers looked at each other and shook their heads in agreement, I then moved into another room for a drug test.

Other Interview Reviews for Cabela's

Outfitter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cabela's.

I applied online and was granted an interview for a new store. Most of the people interviewing were avid outdoorsmen. The interview was a list of questions and the interviewer wrote down my answers. I hadn't had a job before in customer service so I was at a large disadvantage answering their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Charleston, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Cabela's in December 2013.

I applied during the holiday season, so it took a little while for the company to respond. My interview went well, but I had to keep calling to try to get things finished. They let me know I needed a drug test and background check, and I immediately hurried to get those completed. Then after learning I passed them, it took about 3 or 4 weeks to find out I was going to be hired for sure. The interview was very laid back, but professional at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where a customer was angry with you and the steps you took to solve it...   Answer Question
    No negotiation and I still have no idea how much I'm getting paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cabela's in September 2011.

Hired immediately.

No negotiation-this is what they pay, you do what they want.

Outfitter Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cabela's.

Two interviews, face-to-face.

Outfitter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2010.

Initial testing conducted online at cabelas.com. Basic I.Q. test designed to weed out personal inadequacies and poor ethical behavior. A waiting period of more than a week before hearing back from the company. Initial interview with management, followed by a second interview with a senior manager. Offer made, pending satisfactory results of a drug test and background check. Training advertised as two week period, but often cut in half, due to high turnover rate of employees and the dire need to fill positions immediately.

Interview Questions
    One-sided. There is a 'take it or leave it' model in place and it is inviolate.

Outfitter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in February 2011.

quite simple and frank conversation

Interview Questions

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!