Cabela's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Boiler plate questions from sheet

Interview Question – standard retail questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none take it or leave it

Very Easy Interview

Tulalip, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted 1 month later for a 1:1 interview. I was asked very generic interview questions and then was asked to participate in the 2nd phase of the interview. The 2nd phase consisted of a saliva swab drug test. I was then contacted 1 month later with an offer by the warehouse manager(who is no longer with the company).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Rogers, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cabela's in September 2010.

Interview Details – Attended a job fair and presented resume. Was asked typical interview questions, and then I was given the chance to question company make up, theology, wage and benefit, and finally expectations of my position.

Work culture at this particular site is management by intimidation, from the top. No viable solutions or alternative approaches offered as to opportunities presented, only whining and demands. Coaching and problem solving skills would be helpful, or the option of "teaming" up with another, that has the knowledge to move in a positive direction and bring resolution to the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What process knowledge, or product familiarity will you bring to the department, and how do you see that as beneficial to the team?   Answer Question
  • What style of negotiation would you employ with an un-happy customer? Would you use the same approach with an irate customer? Do the two instances differ, and in which way?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, flat offer to all new hires.

Boise, ID

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Cabela's in January 2009.

Interview Details – Simple questions regarding customer service and how to treat people.

Interview Question – Tell me about your backpacking experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cabela's in September 2010.

Interview Details – All that I needed to do was to complete the online application and interview with a manager at the store.

Interview Question – What outdoor experiences and expertise do you have that would allow you to help customers choose their products?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cabela's in October 2009.

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – How will you help our company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – wasn't any negotiating

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!