Cable One

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.2

Software Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cable One.

Nice. Hiring manager was just great! Amazingly, I did not think the first interview went all that well - - but the hiring manager did! :) I do like the fact that they have you interview a second time with the peers you will be working with. This is the first company I interviewed with which has this practice . . .And I like it because it helps assure a good fit for both the current team as well as the job applicant

Interview Questions
    • Heavy on seeking illustrations from my past experience where I was responsible for continual improvement activities and results.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Cable One in November 2014.

There are 3 tests that you take at their call center. The first 2 are technical tests and the 3rd is a customer service test. After this was a lengthy interview filled with STAR format questions and this was followed by a brief interview with a couple of HR people. Job offers may be done on the spot depending on when training classes start

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was STAR format and they wanted specific situations.   Answer Question

Senior Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cable One.

After putting in application was asked to take a basic math skills test. I also took a test to identify basic tools. After this I had an interview with the local technical operations management.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cable One in July 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to set up a time for onsite testing and possible interview. I scheduled my appointment for 2 days later. They say to allow 1.5 to 2 hours time - note that you should allow more time than this for full process.

The testing consisted of 3 different tests. The first 2 were multiple choice questions to test your technical knowledge of computers/internet. You have to pass each level to take the next assessment. The third assessment is a basic customer service skills assessment.

After passing all 3 assessments I waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes and went into my first interview with one of the supervisors at the center. We discussed the training schedule and that position requires flexibility in scheduling 4AM to 12:30AM 7 days a week. Went through my resume and then answered some basic STAR type questions. Expectation is that individuals will learn current role and advance to next role within 3 to 6 months. With each promotion 50 cent raise.

After first interview was asked to wait in lobby for a possible third interview. At this point I had been onsite for 2.75 hours. I waited another 45 minutes and had an interview with 2 more supervisors. They asked similar STAR type questions some more than once. I could tell that I did not connect with one of the two supervisors and that I would not be getting a job offer. My understanding from conversations with security in lobby that company tries to do all testing and interviews and possible job offers in one day.

When it was my turn to ask questions I asked the panel why I should work for them. One supervisor answered that he had already given that answer when I asked what he liked about working for the company. ( The other supervisor stated that he would never promote for someone to work at the company that they need to earn the right to work there. I explained that interviews are normally two way conversations and just by this response I knew I was not interested and that I would not be getting an offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cable One in May 2014.

multiple people were involved in the interviewing process. during the interview, i could tell that the one manager was all in and the other was not. it later showed during training by the one manager because for several months, my training was neglected and i felt ignored or like i was in the way when i asked questions, like i was annoying the one manager who was training me.

Web Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cable One.

Called me and offered me a interview. I went in and started by doing a test on a computer. Then my future lead and supervisor interviewed me. After that they had me wait around the corner and one of the managers interviewed me and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen. Or why would with your resume would you want this possession?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cable One in January 2014.

I applied to Cable One through my university career center. Overall, I really enjoy the hiring and interview process because I spoke with the Director of Finance and Strategic Planning directly. He is a nice guy and keeps a constant communication through email. The only one thing I did not expect is a case question because I researched on glassdoor and the past candidates mentioned that there is no case question.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cable One in August 2011.

The initial communication was by phone and it was regarding my customer service background and my employment history. I was told to submit to a drug test which I passed, then I came in and did a technical knowledge and customer service test. Then, I met with a manager who interviewed me briefly and I got hired. Orientation day was a breeze and we watched a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about call center situations but it wasn't anything too difficult. An example would be like what would you do if a customer is angry and wants a credit for service and wants to speak with a supervisor. I answered that its always best to negotiate in that situation offer the credit and try to resolve the issue first.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations made.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cable One in January 2011.

Very basic technical test on cable equipment and windows OSs

Quick and easy

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cable One in April 2010.

You can apply for a position via phone or via their website. They also hold job fairs so search for that as they will do a mini introduction and will offer you to come to complete a test. The test is to designed to check for your level of customer service/characteristics. You do not need to have expertise in the technical stuff, that can be taught. The biggest factor to work as as Technical Specialist is customer relations.

Interview Questions
    • There are no real difficult questions, just listen to the question itself. If you have no experience in a particular question, don't make up something, just let them know that you do not have that happened to you, and mention what you would do in that particular situation.   View Answer
    Salary is set to 13.50hr; 14.00hr after uptraining for VoIP customers; more for business trained