Cable & Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Cable & Wireless

Interview Details – They asked a lot of technical questions. It's best if you know as much about the company as possible

Interview Question – What do you know about the position   View Answer

Telecommunication, Business Management and Trading Interview

Telecommunication, Business Management and Trading

I applied online - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in March 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring interview process was one of great experience and the questions ask was quite timely , however the officer who did the interview might of had a bad day . So we had to look at a second time around n.

Interview Question – there was not much difficult question , however a few unexpected ones but I made it through   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2009.

Interview Details – Telephonic round and later a F2F to check the tech skills. Overall 3 rounds ending with HR interview.

Negotiation Details – No,fixed

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in April 2012.

Interview Details – very rigorous assessment day but very nice people. i would like to apply for a higher position but it seems like they are taken over by vodafone. however, i would still like to mention that i ma more than happy to sit for interview. very amazing atmosphere, i would like to thank all

Interview Question – what differentiates us from competitor   Answer Question

Planning Engineer Interview

Planning Engineer
Panamá (Panama)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cable & Wireless.

Interview Details – Human resources contact you, then they arrange an interview with the manager of the department requesting personnel. You go to his/her office and meet, and begin to answer questions of you previous experience in the field, no test but many questions about technology. Do not have to be an expert but must know what you're talking.

Interview Question – In my case the technical fknowledge was important, you most know about SDH, OTN, cellular, Microwave, MPLS, IP and all related to the field. Also what you know of project management, but not a must have skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In my case they presented an offer and was up to me if accept. There were others competing for the job.

Telesales Agent Interview

Telesales Agent

Interviewed at Cable & Wireless

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. Only one interview decided.

Interview Question – I remember no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They were hiring several people for the same role and rates had been pre decided.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cable & Wireless.

Interview Details – Had an aptitude test. Later had to talk about any general topic of our interest for checking our communication and accent (appeared to be just a formality, people with worst possible communication and accent also cleared this round). Later had final round with an entire panel where the discussion was about past experience, what do I know about this company and why do I want to join this profile, some generic questions and puzzles.

Interview Question – Who is the President of India?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was as much as I expected and hence accepted the offer.

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2011.

Interview Details – PI Round

Interview Question – Genesys related questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2008.

Interview Details – Face to Face interview with direct report after phone conversation.
Had professional certification
Took almost one month for contract to be prepared
Fast paced work environment

Interview Question – How do you manage a situation where you can not please your managr.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Bracknell, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in March 2011.

Interview Details – Fast, casual and concise. I found out about the job through a friend, I put my CV forward, I got askd to come to interview once, then called back again. I had to present a business cse for a scenario they had outlined regarding obtaining ISO9001 certification on a recent aquisition company they had bought.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Weakness, strength?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offered A, I aksed for C, we settled with B. Hold out for what you want, if they need you they will pay for you,

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cable & Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cable & Wireless interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cable & Wireless employees and interview candidates.