Cable & Wireless

Updated Apr 24, 2014
Updated Apr 24, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

They asked a lot of technical questions. It's best if you know as much about the company as possible

Telecommunication, Business Management and Trading Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in March 2010.

the hiring interview process was one of great experience and the questions ask was quite timely , however the officer who did the interview might of had a bad day . So we had to look at a second time around n.

Interview Questions
    • there was not much difficult question , however a few unexpected ones but I made it through   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2009.

Telephonic round and later a F2F to check the tech skills. Overall 3 rounds ending with HR interview.

No,fixed

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bracknell, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in April 2012.

very rigorous assessment day but very nice people. i would like to apply for a higher position but it seems like they are taken over by vodafone. however, i would still like to mention that i ma more than happy to sit for interview. very amazing atmosphere, i would like to thank all

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Panamá (Panama)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panamá (Panama)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cable & Wireless.

Human resources contact you, then they arrange an interview with the manager of the department requesting personnel. You go to his/her office and meet, and begin to answer questions of you previous experience in the field, no test but many questions about technology. Do not have to be an expert but must know what you're talking.

Interview Questions
    • In my case the technical fknowledge was important, you most know about SDH, OTN, cellular, Microwave, MPLS, IP and all related to the field. Also what you know of project management, but not a must have skill.   Answer Question
    In my case they presented an offer and was up to me if accept. There were others competing for the job.

Telesales Agent Interview

The interview process was easy. Only one interview decided.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They were hiring several people for the same role and rates had been pre decided.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cable & Wireless.

Had an aptitude test. Later had to talk about any general topic of our interest for checking our communication and accent (appeared to be just a formality, people with worst possible communication and accent also cleared this round). Later had final round with an entire panel where the discussion was about past experience, what do I know about this company and why do I want to join this profile, some generic questions and puzzles.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offer was as much as I expected and hence accepted the offer.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2011.

PI Round
    Couple of Technical Rounds
    Technical Presentation
    Manager Round
    HR Round

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in September 2008.

Face to Face interview with direct report after phone conversation.
    Had professional certification
    Took almost one month for contract to be prepared
    Fast paced work environment

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage a situation where you can not please your managr.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bracknell, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cable & Wireless in March 2011.

Fast, casual and concise. I found out about the job through a friend, I put my CV forward, I got askd to come to interview once, then called back again. I had to present a business cse for a scenario they had outlined regarding obtaining ISO9001 certification on a recent aquisition company they had bought.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Weakness, strength?   View Answer
    Easy, they offered A, I aksed for C, we settled with B. Hold out for what you want, if they need you they will pay for you,

Worked for Cable & Wireless? Contribute to the Community!