Cablevision Systems

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems in August 2014.

Applied online. Four days later did a small over the phone interview. 1 week later did an in person interview. Asked if I had experience with tools, climbing ladders, electronics. Role played certain scenarios. Went over some policies and benefit packages. Took a drug test and 1 weeks after I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you act towards a disgruntled customer?   View Answer
    Be confident and remember customer service is priority ti cablevision.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

In the earlier days you only interviewed with your immediate supervisor/manager.

Earlier days we did not have to go through the process as of today.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in April 2013.

they asked for phone initially and then face to face but later asked for a direct face to face interview. They asked about past experiences and asked how i would resolve current issues that they are experiencing. Its a group interview with 5 project managers and 2 team members from engineering department. Some technical questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much all are basic bout past experience and their current environment. How i deal with   Answer Question

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cablevision Systems.

Met 6 people all in one day, mostly for 30 minutes at a time, all asked the same questions.

They gave me everything I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in October 2012.

Contract position in Call Center Information Systems (CCIS) . Gven a vote of confidence & to wait for "VP" to meet and greet, NEVER HAPPENED. Agency attempted occasions to contact for information, days and weeks went by with no reply. I was given emails for contact from CCIS Team and still not reply given, Waste of time and efforts.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was well prepared for position and challenges.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2012.

The process of arranging the meeting went smoothly. I met with 2 people individually on one day. The people were courteous and friendly. The environment was comfortable and informal with some tight quarters. The interview questions were straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary. Response back was delayed 3 days from what was communicated. I think I would have liked working there and with the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone is very busy here, how will you lead people to get things done?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in July 2011.

I received a brief phone interview from their HR dept, then was called for a 1st interview.I got called back for a second interview. Did not receive an offer.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in May 2010.

Got called and did a phone interview.. then based on my skills I was sent in for a 1:1 interview. The interview went great. Just touched base on expectations and what I could bring to the company. I was offered a position on the spot and sent over to their HR office to get the confirmation. Then I took a drug test and background test. Everything went smoothly and I start June 7th!

No negotiation. I was told that their commission structure is extremely generous.

Upper Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in February 2010.

Communication at first with Human Resources was excellent as they were quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls. Based on several visits to the company for various positions and interviews with different departments, it was made extremely clear to me that Cablevision prefers to promote from within and not seek a more qualified outside candidate (which is great if you work there). I would suggest asking prior to the interview if there is an internal candidate identified for the position. If they are honest and say yes - don't waste your time and vacation days to offer free professional advice and recommendations. In addition, when the position was filled internally after the brief feedback from HR , the boiler plate "thank you for your interest we will keep your resume on file..." letter to follow was extremely weak and for a management position should have been a been a phone call with an explanation not a document to input variable data that is sent to college graduates. As long as you are qualified for the position, the interview questions are quite simple. Be cautious not to offer too much "free consulting" as I certainly did which may be Cablevisions intention on bringing outsiders in.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone wanted to know why I was looking to leave my current company abnd why Cablevision.   View Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems in January 2010.

The interview process is simple you need to be honest about you cable knowledge if you know nothing tell them. They will train you from the basics up. There is a drug test after interview (urine).
    They get back to you within 5 days with the results and let you know if they accepted you. They will then give you the dte of the next training class which ranges from 1 week to 2 months away

Interview Questions
    • There are no technical questions but they do ask about how you would handle yourself with a disgruntled customer in there home to fix the situation.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating on starting salary