Cablevision Systems Interview Questions in Bethpage, NY

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.4

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Four days later did a small over the phone interview. 1 week later did an in person interview. Asked if I had experience with tools, climbing ladders, electronics. Role played certain scenarios. Went over some policies and benefit packages. Took a drug test and 1 weeks after I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you act towards a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confident and remember customer service is priority ti cablevision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I got a phone screen first and talked for 15 minutes, and then after one week, I got another phone call ask me to go to the office for another one. The office interview last almost an hour but overall it was easy and the interviewer was nice. The overall experience was good

Interview Questions

• Just talk about yourself and why you are interested in this position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

In the earlier days you only interviewed with your immediate supervisor/manager.

Negotiation

Earlier days we did not have to go through the process as of today.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

they asked for phone initially and then face to face but later asked for a direct face to face interview. They asked about past experiences and asked how i would resolve current issues that they are experiencing. Its a group interview with 5 project managers and 2 team members from engineering department. Some technical questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much all are basic bout past experience and their current environment. How i deal with   Answer Question

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

Met 6 people all in one day, mostly for 30 minutes at a time, all asked the same questions.

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contract position in Call Center Information Systems (CCIS) . Gven a vote of confidence & to wait for "VP" to meet and greet, NEVER HAPPENED. Agency attempted occasions to contact for information, days and weeks went by with no reply. I was given emails for contact from CCIS Team and still not reply given, Waste of time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was well prepared for position and challenges.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The process of arranging the meeting went smoothly. I met with 2 people individually on one day. The people were courteous and friendly. The environment was comfortable and informal with some tight quarters. The interview questions were straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary. Response back was delayed 3 days from what was communicated. I think I would have liked working there and with the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Everyone is very busy here, how will you lead people to get things done?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I received a brief phone interview from their HR dept, then was called for a 1st interview.I got called back for a second interview. Did not receive an offer.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Got called and did a phone interview.. then based on my skills I was sent in for a 1:1 interview. The interview went great. Just touched base on expectations and what I could bring to the company. I was offered a position on the spot and sent over to their HR office to get the confirmation. Then I took a drug test and background test. Everything went smoothly and I start June 7th!

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told that their commission structure is extremely generous.

Upper Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cablevision Systems (Bethpage, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Communication at first with Human Resources was excellent as they were quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls. Based on several visits to the company for various positions and interviews with different departments, it was made extremely clear to me that Cablevision prefers to promote from within and not seek a more qualified outside candidate (which is great if you work there). I would suggest asking prior to the interview if there is an internal candidate identified for the position. If they are honest and say yes - don't waste your time and vacation days to offer free professional advice and recommendations. In addition, when the position was filled internally after the brief feedback from HR , the boiler plate "thank you for your interest we will keep your resume on file..." letter to follow was extremely weak and for a management position should have been a been a phone call with an explanation not a document to input variable data that is sent to college graduates. As long as you are qualified for the position, the interview questions are quite simple. Be cautious not to offer too much "free consulting" as I certainly did which may be Cablevisions intention on bringing outsiders in.

Interview Questions

• Everyone wanted to know why I was looking to leave my current company abnd why Cablevision.   1 Answer